Healthnet Train has NO FXXKING CLUE!!!

Old March 8th 05, 03:27 AM
crit PRO

Default Healthnet Train has NO FXXKING CLUE!!!

http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/7659.0.html

"""In a bold move, Tim Larkin (Kodak Gallery-Sierra Nevada) soloed off
the front with eight miles to go, keeping a thirty second gap for two
miles. Health Net moved to the front of the pack and their train of six
sacrificed half their men in a massive effort to reel Larkin back into
the field.

With just four miles to go, the road narrowed into a single lane and
elbows started to shove. The solo break was absorbed and with three
miles to go the red and green men (Colavita-Sutter and Health Net)
duked it out, with Health Net sacrificing yet another rider for its
sprinter Gord Fraser.

But Haedo timed his move nicely and passed Fraser at the finish to take
the win, denying the Canadian sprint ace a chance to win for the second
day in a row. Webcor's Charles Dionne claimed third on the day."""

It was HILARIOUS yesterday sitting on the Healthnet Train as the
KILLED THEMSELVES to bring back ONE guy! They chased like mad to catch
a guy in 4 miles.....with 4 miles to go! Whoops! Duh!
Here's a little advice Gordo. Next time, time your minions better so
you catch the guy in the last mile. Oh yeah, and maybe keep one more
guy in reserve so you don't get passed in the sprint AGAIN because your
last leadout guy couldn't get you to the 300m, let alone the 200m to go
sign. And finally. Thanks for quitting so my friend Charley could coast
by you and take second. Jackass.

crit PRO

Old March 8th 05, 03:38 AM
Fake name goes here

In article .com,
"crit PRO" wrote:

It was HILARIOUS yesterday sitting on the Healthnet Train as the
KILLED THEMSELVES to bring back ONE guy! They chased like mad to catch
a guy in 4 miles.....with 4 miles to go! Whoops! Duh!
Here's a little advice Gordo. Next time, time your minions better so
you catch the guy in the last mile. Oh yeah, and maybe keep one more
guy in reserve so you don't get passed in the sprint AGAIN because your
last leadout guy couldn't get you to the 300m, let alone the 200m to go
sign. And finally. Thanks for quitting so my friend Charley could coast
by you and take second. Jackass.

You can't even read the ****ing results right...Gord got second and he
won on saturday. Nice weekend for him and HNet. Once they get the
train dialed they will win everything.
Old March 8th 05, 03:42 AM
crit PRO

For those of you who don't race....clarification.

When a rider or break are ahead, the leader of the pack isn't the
leader in the race. To win the stage, the rider or break must be
caught.

Sometimes, having rider/riders ahead can CALM the pack, and allow the
team expected to chase (Gord won the day before) control the entire
pack.

Very simply, the other riders in the pack can't win by simply going to
the front.....there are others ahead of them.

When you PANIC LIKE AMATEURS and bring back the guy too quickly, you
open up a varitable hornet's nest. It's now a 4 mile race, all
together, and EVERYBODY thinks they have a chance to win. Like a tie
game in basketball with 30 secs left, or in the 8th inning in baseball.

It's a microcosm of the madness in the early stages of the Tour. If
you win early (like the first week), you might take the lead in the
overall. So 190 guys have a chance to wear yellow. Whereas, in the
third week, after it's all sorted out, anyone could win a stage, but
very few are in position to lead the overall.

Bike Racing 101. Healthnet needs to take that course. They suck.

Old March 8th 05, 04:26 AM
Arthur Dey

crit PRO wrote:
It was HILARIOUS yesterday sitting on the Healthnet Train

While it may or may not have been hilarious sitting on the HN Train,
you wouldn't know because you were not the

crit PRO Mar 6, 8:36 am
Subject: First UCI Pro Tour leader's jersey

McClane Pacific had a March 6, 9:00 am start. If you're going to dodge
this and say you dialed into an east coast computer (with a 3 hr
difference) then your 3:02 pm post (140th place garners extensive media
coverage) would negate the argument.

Old March 8th 05, 04:52 AM
crit PRO

Arthur Dey wrote:
crit PRO wrote:
It was HILARIOUS yesterday sitting on the Healthnet Train

While it may or may not have been hilarious sitting on the HN Train,
you wouldn't know because you were not the

crit PRO Mar 6, 8:36 am

McClane Pacific had a March 6, 9:00 am start. If you're going to

dodge
this and say you dialed into an east coast computer (with a 3 hr
difference) then your 3:02 pm post (140th place garners extensive

media
coverage) would negate the argument.

There are at least three of us that I know of. Not counting Joey D at
. An A for effort, though. Would you like me to send
you my bib number?

crit PRO

Old March 8th 05, 05:22 AM
Scott Osgood

I did see a rider with a lap top and a cell phone. Check his postings on
Sat. The race was ongoing. CP can you tell me anything about the water
crossings? I have all kinds of questions, care to answer.
Scott
"Arthur Dey" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old March 8th 05, 05:59 AM

varitable hornet's nest.

vari = varied

verit = truth.

true.

-walt

Old March 8th 05, 04:28 PM
Tom Kunich

Imagine you giving advice to Gord Fraser.

I've no doubt that you would also have had equally insightful advice
for Einstein and Alan Turing.

Old March 8th 05, 04:55 PM
Bill C

Tom Kunich wrote:
Imagine you giving advice to Gord Fraser.

I've no doubt that you would also have had equally insightful advice
for Einstein and Alan Turing.

Hey Tom
If you do a results search for them together it would seem that CP has
had a perfect backseat to watch Gord set up and sprint, so from that
viewpoint he might be able to offer him some good advice. I admit I
didn't look too hard but didn't see a single result with CP ahead of
Fraser, maybe he can point us to results where he beat Fraser.
Bill C

Old March 8th 05, 05:10 PM
Tom

Bill C wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
Imagine you giving advice to Gord Fraser.

I've no doubt that you would also have had equally insightful

advice
for Einstein and Alan Turing.

Hey Tom
If you do a results search for them together it would seem that CP

has
had a perfect backseat to watch Gord set up and sprint, so from that
viewpoint he might be able to offer him some good advice. I admit I
didn't look too hard but didn't see a single result with CP ahead of
Fraser, maybe he can point us to results where he beat Fraser.
Bill C

Maybe if we all knew who he was we could all do some looking and then
make fun of him when he's getting shelled.

Tom