Marking a Google Map

Old January 17th 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Marking a Google Map

Hi all,

Quite a while ago someone posted a link (I think it was on this group)
to a site that enables you to draw a route onto Google maps, and have
it measure the distance.

Can anyone remember this, anyone have the site bookmarked?

TIA.

Mark

--
Mark
_______________________________________

Old January 17th 06, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Mark (MSA)" wrote in message
Hi all,

Quite a while ago someone posted a link (I think it was on this group) to
a site that enables you to draw a route onto Google maps, and have it
measure the distance.

Can anyone remember this, anyone have the site bookmarked?

TIA.

Mark

--
Mark
_______________________________________
Nerves of Steel, Heart of Gold, Knob of Butter

I assume that you mean this one:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?cente...rY=52.75&zl=10

This zooms in nicely on my local area - you may want to fiddle with the
numbers depending on where you live.

John

Old January 17th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

That is so good, and you can export the route as a GPX so you can view it in
Google Earth too.
Awesome!

"John Wilton" wrote

Old January 17th 06, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

I assume that you mean this one:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?cente...rY=52.75&zl=10

This zooms in nicely on my local area - you may want to fiddle with the
numbers depending on where you live.

John

That's the one John....your a star! Cheers.

--
Mark

Google maps Paul A. Steckler General 8 August 1st 05 06:34 AM
Google Store - cyclewear for geeks Retrograded Australia 0 July 13th 05 02:36 AM
TdF: all stages in Google Earth to fly along Mathias Koerber Racing 0 July 7th 05 01:48 AM
a.b and Google groups - what am I doing wrong DaveB Australia 4 December 6th 04 05:08 AM