New toy

Old May 21st 07, 12:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Dann

Default New toy

I bought a new toy for my bike, it arrived Saturday, I fitted it Sunday
for my trip to work.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...dID=5360027852
action cam ATC 2000

Footage from the toy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKtTH1uuXBE

This was filmed at 320*240 at 15fps, the camera goes up to 640*480 at
30fps.
I am very impressed with it (apart from the battery life).

Now I just need to get a decent memory card and batteries for it.

Martin.
Old May 21st 07, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

Martin Dann wrote:

action cam ATC 2000

Footage from the toy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKtTH1uuXBE

I'd say you were riding too close to those parked cars :-)
Old May 21st 07, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The other view point, there is one you know...

On 21 May, 00:50, Martin Dann wrote:
I bought a new toy for my bike, it arrived Saturday, I fitted it Sunday
for my trip to work.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...dID=5360027852
action cam ATC 2000

Footage from the toy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKtTH1uuXBE

This was filmed at 320*240 at 15fps, the camera goes up to 640*480 at
30fps.
I am very impressed with it (apart from the battery life).

Now I just need to get a decent memory card and batteries for it.

Martin.

hmm, quite interesting, could do with a sound muffler thingy on the
mic....

How long did the battery last in real life?

Old May 21st 07, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

"Martin Dann" wrote in message
I bought a new toy for my bike, it arrived Saturday, I fitted it Sunday for
my trip to work.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...dID=5360027852
action cam ATC 2000

Footage from the toy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKtTH1uuXBE

This was filmed at 320*240 at 15fps, the camera goes up to 640*480 at
30fps.
I am very impressed with it (apart from the battery life).

Now I just need to get a decent memory card and batteries for it.

I made a digital camera mount for my bike Battery life was probably
worse though, as it kept turning off after going over a bump!
--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

Old May 21st 07, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
the.Mark[_2_]

In article ,
says...
I bought a new toy for my bike, it arrived Saturday, I fitted it Sunday
for my trip to work.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...dID=5360027852
action cam ATC 2000

Footage from the toy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKtTH1uuXBE

This was filmed at 320*240 at 15fps, the camera goes up to 640*480 at
30fps.
I am very impressed with it (apart from the battery life).

Now I just need to get a decent memory card and batteries for it.

Martin.

I'm thinking about getting one of these. I noticed in the video
that the number plate on the car in front was unreadable, is it
any better at other settings for reading number plates?
--
Cheers
the.Mark
Old May 21st 07, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

the.Mark wrote on 21/05/2007 11:29 +0100:

I'm thinking about getting one of these. I noticed in the video
that the number plate on the car in front was unreadable, is it
any better at other settings for reading number plates?

You just need to install Hollywood OS on your computer. Then you can
computer enhance the images and read not only the numberplate but also
the small print of the manufacturer and the fingerprints of the man that
installed them ;-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_os

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell
Old May 21st 07, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul George

On 21 May, 11:29, the.Mark wrote:

I'm thinking about getting one of these. I noticed in the video
that the number plate on the car in front was unreadable, is it
any better at other settings for reading number plates?

Sadly no. This is high res 30fps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjqOKuRN78

Old May 21st 07, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

Paul George wrote:

On 21 May, 11:29, the.Mark wrote:

I'm thinking about getting one of these. I noticed in the video
that the number plate on the car in front was unreadable, is it
any better at other settings for reading number plates?

Sadly no. This is high res 30fps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjqOKuRN78

Hmmm. Filmed in glorious wobblyscope :-)

If you want to be able to read numberplates and the like I think a
digicam fired on a timelapse setting is a better bet.

It's been on here before; a little googling brings up this
http://www.drianwalker.com/movies.html

Old May 21st 07, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul George

On 21 May, 08:52, "The other view point, there is one you know..."
wrote:

How long did the battery last in real life?

It's 3v 2w so you should get around 4 hours from a
set of 2700mAH AA rechargables.
Medium resolution at 15fps gives 230min recording
time with a 2gb card.