Police to investigate driver overtaking cyclist on double lines

Old July 11th 20, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Police to investigate driver overtaking cyclist on double lines

On Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 6:55:17 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Yet your type blindly stick to speed limits. I see them all the time, drivers at the limit on a straight empty road with nothing hidden. Same driver, same speed limit, now a sharp bend with hidden obstacles like driveways, or even some fog, and they go the same speed!

I slowed down to 30mpph from 60mph on the same stretch of road as I entered a village with a speed cop hiding in the bushes. I got no speeding ticket as a result.
Old July 11th 20, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 6:55:17 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Yet your type blindly stick to speed limits. I see them all the time, drivers at the limit on a straight empty road with nothing hidden. Same driver, same speed limit, now a sharp bend with hidden obstacles like driveways, or even some fog, and they go the same speed!

I slowed down to 30mph from 60mph on the same stretch of road as I entered a village with a speed cop hiding in the bushes. I got no speeding ticket as a result.
Old July 11th 20, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_4_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 11:12:34 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile ASSHOLE, blabbered again:

I slowed down to 30mpph from 60mph

Are you trying to explain something to that sociopathic idiot, senile idiot?
Or do you only want to feed him again, asshole?

Old July 12th 20, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 12/07/2020 05:56, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 09:10:46 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 24/06/2020 14:22, JNugent wrote:
On 24/06/2020 12:54, TMS320 wrote:

It shows you are wrong. I want people to use the roads safely.

Your idealism that the rules define a safe/unsafe threshold is
touching but totally unrealistic.

Have you got nothing new to add?

You must be interested in my opinions given the amount of posts you have
reply to and the effort you spend in twisting and goalpost moving.

We already knew...

No. You have decided...

that you regard compliance with the law by cyclists to be optional,
with the choice being left entirely up to the individual on the bike
and subject to any old post-hoc attempted justification that he or
you can "think" up. You know, like the one about it being safer to
cycle through lights at red than to stop and wait for green.

I have heard it said but I don't know the particular circumstances that
prompted it. Nor do you. But when progress was uneventful you can never
prove that that it wasn't the safer thing to do.

I take red lights as a guide (driving or cycling).* Some people are
utter morons and won't even run a red light to let an ambulance through.

I always stop at red lights. It gives me a chance to ogle the delicious
miniskirted low-cut floozies walking by.
Old July 18th 20, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 19:12:34 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 6:55:17 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Yet your type blindly stick to speed limits. I see them all the time, drivers at the limit on a straight empty road with nothing hidden. Same driver, same speed limit, now a sharp bend with hidden obstacles like driveways, or even some fog, and they go the same speed!

I slowed down to 30mpph from 60mph on the same stretch of road as I entered a village with a speed cop hiding in the bushes. I got no speeding ticket as a result.

Get a satnav with camera sites, then you only have to do that where cops hide.
Old July 18th 20, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 9:22:32 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 19:12:34 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 6:55:17 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Yet your type blindly stick to speed limits. I see them all the time, drivers at the limit on a straight empty road with nothing hidden. Same driver, same speed limit, now a sharp bend with hidden obstacles like driveways, or even some fog, and they go the same speed!

I slowed down to 30mpph from 60mph on the same stretch of road as I entered a village with a speed cop hiding in the bushes. I got no speeding ticket as a result.

Get a satnav with camera sites, then you only have to do that where cops hide.

I already have one of these which has camera sites on, but the speed cops can be anywhere.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/revie...-nuvicam-lmt-d
Old July 18th 20, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 21:33:36 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 9:22:32 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 19:12:34 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 6:55:17 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Yet your type blindly stick to speed limits. I see them all the time, drivers at the limit on a straight empty road with nothing hidden. Same driver, same speed limit, now a sharp bend with hidden obstacles like driveways, or even some fog, and they go the same speed!

I slowed down to 30mpph from 60mph on the same stretch of road as I entered a village with a speed cop hiding in the bushes. I got no speeding ticket as a result.

Get a satnav with camera sites, then you only have to do that where cops hide.

I already have one of these which has camera sites on, but the speed cops can be anywhere.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/revie...-nuvicam-lmt-d

No they can't. They stick to known places which are on the database. They like to (and have to by law) put cameras where there have been accidents.