Education 'better than speed limits' for cyclists

Old June 28th 20, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

Default Education 'better than speed limits' for cyclists

On 28/06/2020 17:17, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 16:00:35 GMT, Mike Collins
wrote:

On Sunday, 28 June 2020 13:53:51 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 12:54 28 Jun 2020, Mike Collins said:

On Sunday, 28 June 2020 11:43:48 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 01:29 28 Jun 2020, Mike Collins said:
On Saturday, 27 June 2020 12:54:01 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 13:43 26 Jun 2020, Simon Mason said:

QUOTE:
A professional cyclist who lives on the Isle of Man believes
better awareness rather than lower speed limits would help
riders feel safer on the road.

The Isle of Man Cycling Association sent an open letter to
Manx politicians this week calling for reduced speed limits
to aid vulnerable road users.

Team Ineos rider Chris Lawless said issues such as "close
passes" posed a bigger threat.

"It is not speed limits that are the problem it is
education," he added.

If cyclists had to abide by special speed limits there would be
fewer accidents.

Is your real name David Bunny?

I suppose you will make your point eventually, if you have one.

If you were really a veteran of this group you would know the
answer. Alternatively you could do your own reseaarch.

How about the facts?

Do your own research, all veterans of this group know David Bunny.

Sorry, I don't. Issit a Judith Smith sock?

Unlikely.

Had it been, you (and I) would probably have seen the name before and
would remember it.

The lack of evidence in your reply is noted.

Evidence for what?

Old June 28th 20, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Sunday, 28 June 2020 17:15:17 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 28/06/2020 17:00, Mike Collins wrote:
[...]

Until this very recent exchange, I for one had never heard or read the name.

So do some research.
Old June 28th 20, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 11:43:48 AM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Is your real name David Bunny?

I suppose you will make your point eventually, if you have one.

This may help.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...s/DRI7yrUfCAAJ
Old June 28th 20, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 18:44:26 GMT, Simon Mason
wrote:

On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 11:43:48 AM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Is your real name David Bunny?

I suppose you will make your point eventually, if you have one.

This may help.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...s/DRI7yrUfCAAJ

I see Simon Jester mentions him; must be before my time.

GG shows posts from David WE Roberts and David Damerell and David Martin;
could it be the last?

Too obscure, sorry Mr Mason.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old June 28th 20, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

wrote:

[...]

Maybe Mike Collins will explain his cryptic comments, although he doesn't
have a track record of backing up his remarks with facts.
Old June 28th 20, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Sunday, 28 June 2020 19:44:28 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 11:43:48 AM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Is your real name David Bunny?

I suppose you will make your point eventually, if you have one.

This may help.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...s/DRI7yrUfCAAJ

That's the David Bunny I remember, he said there should be a national 20mph speed limit for cyclists.
Maybe he used 'no archive' on his posts.
Old June 29th 20, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 28/06/2020 17:32, Mike Collins wrote:
[...]

Well... No.

Why don't you just say who or what "David Bunny" (or any other Potter
character) is?

If it's as easy as you attempt (unsuccessfully) to imply, it won't cost
you any effort to speak of.
Old June 29th 20, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 11:36:59 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 28 June 2020 19:44:28 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 11:43:48 AM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Is your real name David Bunny?

I suppose you will make your point eventually, if you have one.

This may help.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...s/DRI7yrUfCAAJ

That's the David Bunny I remember, he said there should be a national 20mph speed limit for cyclists.
Maybe he used 'no archive' on his posts.

Phil W Lee also used x - no archive.
The nasty troll, Nuxx Bar/Cuthbertson/Ben Darling, deleted many of his posts after Guy Chapman took him to court for harassment.
Old June 29th 20, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

wrote:
On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 11:43:48 AM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Is your real name David Bunny?

I suppose you will make your point eventually, if you have one.

This may help.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...s/DRI7yrUfCAAJ

I see Simon Jester mentions him; must be before my time.

GG shows posts from David WE Roberts and David Damerell and David Martin;
could it be the last?

Too obscure, sorry Mr Mason.

The original reference and Mason's explanation both remain obscure. The lack
of facts is telling.
Old June 29th 20, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 09:38:10 GMT, Simon Mason
wrote:

On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 11:36:59 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 28 June 2020 19:44:28 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 11:43:48 AM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Is your real name David Bunny?

I suppose you will make your point eventually, if you have one.

This may help.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...z0Ps/DRI7yrUfC
AAJ

That's the David Bunny I remember, he said there should be a national
20mph speed limit for cyclists. Maybe he used 'no archive' on his
posts.

Phil W Lee also used x - no archive.
The nasty troll, Nuxx Bar/Cuthbertson/Ben Darling, deleted many of his
posts after Guy Chapman took him to court for harassment.

Makes Nugent look like just a minor irritant.
(Pounder is just a grumpy old man)

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

Education for California cyclists Frank Krygowski[_4_] Techniques 1 December 28th 18 10:02 PM
Liverpool considers speed limits for cyclists Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 6 June 25th 13 04:40 PM
Speed Limits Great Eastern UK 17 August 7th 10 10:26 PM
Speed limits again Eiron UK 27 June 1st 06 03:17 PM
Speed limits Paul D UK 59 May 17th 05 12:00 PM