Don't hassle me - I'm riding my bike

Old July 3rd 20, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Don't hassle me - I'm riding my bike

https://710wor.iheart.com/content/20...rage-incident/

With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to heart.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 3rd 20, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

AMuzi wrote:
https://710wor.iheart.com/content/20...rage-incident/

Detroit needs a mayor who will campaign donating Chinese safety flasher toys
to anyone in sight.

With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to heart.

Like, "Don't go into a Detroit traffic argument armed with a knife!"
Old July 3rd 20, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 7/3/2020 9:50 AM, AMuzi wrote:
https://710wor.iheart.com/content/20...rage-incident/

With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to heart.

I wonder how far apart they were when the knife guy began approaching?
Apparently a fast guy with a knife can win over a gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js0h...LRYi6O-rEPG3cw

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old July 3rd 20, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, July 3, 2020 at 8:47:36 AM UTC-7, Sepp Ruf wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
https://710wor.iheart.com/content/20...rage-incident/

Detroit needs a mayor who will campaign donating Chinese safety flasher toys
to anyone in sight.

With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to heart.

Like, "Don't go into a Detroit traffic argument armed with a knife!"

Exactly, the driver should have been pack'n. It should have been some Quentin Tarantino-esqe shootout.

This definitely proves the superiority of handlebar baskets. Just keep your Glock in there with your posies and donettes. I'd have to reach around to my jersey pocket, and any decent gun would probably stretch the hell out of it. I need the Garmin gun mount.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old July 3rd 20, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

AMuzi wrote:
https://710wor.iheart.com/content/20...rage-incident/

Detroit needs a mayor who will campaign donating Chinese safety flasher toys
to anyone in sight.

With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to heart.

Like, "Don't go into a Detroit traffic argument armed with a knife!"

Exactly, the driver should have been pack'n. It should have been some Quentin Tarantino-esqe shootout.

This definitely proves the superiority of handlebar baskets. Just keep your Glock in there with your posies and donettes.

Well, there's a tradeoff between a handlebar basket and a handlebar bag.
With the basket, the gun's easily visible but it bounces around.
Sometimes it slides under the donettes, slowing your draw time.

The handlebar bag can have a special holster pocket. But then there are
tradeoffs between an inside pocket over an outside pocket. Inside for
concealed carry, but you lose a second flipping the bag open. Outside
for open carry, but some people get touchy about that.

Being a good-old-boy American bicyclist can be complicated! That's why
most of them drive pickups.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old July 3rd 20, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

AMuzi wrote:
https://710wor.iheart.com/content/20...rage-incident/

Detroit needs a mayor who will campaign donating Chinese safety flasher toys
to anyone in sight.

With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to heart.

Like, "Don't go into a Detroit traffic argument armed with a knife!"

Exactly, the driver should have been pack'n. It should have been some Quentin Tarantino-esqe shootout.

This definitely proves the superiority of handlebar baskets. Just keep your Glock in there with your posies and donettes. I'd have to reach around to my jersey pocket, and any decent gun would probably stretch the hell out of it. I need the Garmin gun mount.

-- Jay Beattie.

The driver brought a knife to a gun fight.

This reminds me of visiting my family in Florida one year. There was a
TV news story about a woman who had dropped her purse in Publix (a
supermarket) and her gun had gone off. The news crew was interviewing
other women shoppers about the incident. The women were criticizing the
shopper with the errant gun for bringing the wrong type of gun to the
supermarket, and were showing the news crews their own guns.

Old July 3rd 20, 10:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

AMuzi wrote:
https://710wor.iheart.com/content/20...rage-incident/

Detroit needs a mayor who will campaign donating Chinese safety flasher toys
to anyone in sight.

With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to heart.

Like, "Don't go into a Detroit traffic argument armed with a knife!"

Exactly, the driver should have been pack'n. It should have been some Quentin Tarantino-esqe shootout.

This definitely proves the superiority of handlebar baskets. Just keep your Glock in there with your posies and donettes. I'd have to reach around to my jersey pocket, and any decent gun would probably stretch the hell out of it. I need the Garmin gun mount.

-- Jay Beattie.

Basket?
We sell a nice neoprene holster with velcro mounts, $34.95

Old July 3rd 20, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

AMuzi wrote:
[...]

Cyclists's pistols were a very common accessory at one time.
It's not an overly complex problem. Upscale model at 12
shillings:

https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/wp...ist-pistol.jpg

N.B. Tom in Oakland, tagline: "I fear no tramp."

more, many with folding trigger for pocket carry:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bicycle+pi...ages&ia=images

That said, urban environments present almost infinite
possibilities for trouble and for liability.

Old July 3rd 20, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

AMuzi wrote:
[...]

When I worked in Texas, women commonly drove their pickups
to the grocery with a rifle in the rack (and likely
something in the purse as well). Can't recall any incidents
with either.

Old July 3rd 20, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 08:50:02 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

https://710wor.iheart.com/content/20...rage-incident/

With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to heart.

Or perhaps they will just buy a gun :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Continuing Hassle from motorised traffic -- a little rant Pinky UK 17 November 30th 06 09:40 AM
like riding a bike lowpine Unicycling 6 September 3rd 06 08:54 PM
General tire issue, major hassle Jon Meinecke Recumbent Biking 29 October 26th 05 12:48 PM
Boy Hit By Car While Riding Bike Garrison Hilliard General 0 August 1st 05 08:47 AM
Riding a bike after 37 yrs! just us Australia 4 December 5th 04 09:00 PM