Take chances with your own life, but don't put others at risk.

Old November 27th 13, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Take chances with your own life, but don't put others at risk.

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:53:46 +0000, JNugent
wrote:

On 26/11/2013 19:44, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:14:48 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 08:42:45 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 07:19:16 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 23:22:34 +0000, Mrcheerful
wrote:

Why have children if you risk them like this?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...z-8962080.html

What a nutter.

Does he really think that his children are safe in that thing.

Typical psycholist mentality: I have a right to do what I like on the road, and
if it kills someone else - well tough.

(Waiting for Crispin to tell us that many people use such things in Holland.
here is a clue for him: we are not in Holland)

Wrong again.

Many people use such things in Copenhagen.

Clue: we are not in Copenhagen.

Relevance: we'd like cycle infrastructure to be like that of
Copenhagen.

Define "we" and compare and contrast it with the 60,000,000 (approx)
population of the United Kingdom.

Me an' my missus. 0.00000333% of your estimate of the population.
Old November 27th 13, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

Why have children if you risk them like this?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...z-8962080.html

What a nutter.

Does he really think that his children are safe in that thing.

Typical psycholist mentality: I have a right to do what I like on the road, and
if it kills someone else - well tough.

(Waiting for Crispin to tell us that many people use such things in Holland.
here is a clue for him: we are not in Holland)

Wrong again.

Many people use such things in Copenhagen.

Clue: we are not in Copenhagen.

Relevance: we'd like cycle infrastructure to be like that of
Copenhagen.

Define "we" and compare and contrast it with the 60,000,000 (approx)
population of the United Kingdom.

Me an' my missus. 0.00000333% of your estimate of the population.

As long as it's clear, fair enough.

Old November 27th 13, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Zapp Brannigan" wrote in message

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

Why have children if you risk them like this?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...z-8962080.html

Seems mad to me, packing those little girls into an unprotected cargo
compartment and pushing them into urban traffic.

Arguably no worse than a parent who inflicts their vegetarianism or
religion upon their child, I suppose.

I'd argue with that. They're all forms of child abuse but risking your kids'
lives like this on a daily basis is far more dangerous.

Old November 28th 13, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

It was not risky. As long as the kids weren't thick as pig**** and jumped out, in which case who cares?

--
I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.
Old November 28th 13, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 23:22:34 -0000, Mrcheerful wrote:

Why have children if you risk them like this?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...z-8962080.html

Why value someone else's life more than your own?

--
I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.
Old November 28th 13, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:30:38 -0000, Zapp Brannigan wrote:

"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote in message

It was not risky. As long as the kids weren't thick as pig**** and jumped
out, in which case who cares?

3/10 on the Trollometer. Try harder.

I was being serious. It doesn't look dangerous to me. Why is it any different than them being on their own bicycles?

--
"Do you like Kipling?"
"I don't know, I've never kippled."
Old November 29th 13, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_5_]

On 25/11/2013 23:22, Mrcheerful wrote:

Why have children if you risk them like this?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...z-8962080.html

But lorry driver, Ian Arnold, 58, from Essex, disagreed. He said:
“Cyclists take liberties, they drive all over the place and come up down
the side of the road, they go through red lights, everything. When the
police are here they behave but usually they’re all over the place. I
drive in central London so I see it all the time.”

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Can you smell the hypocrisy?
Old November 29th 13, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thursday, 28 November 2013 21:33:45 UTC, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

I was being serious. It doesn't look dangerous to me. Why is it any different than them being on their own bicycles?

It isn't. Don't forget you're in a dialogue with idiots here.

Old November 29th 13, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_5_]

On 26/11/2013 12:34, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

Why have children if you risk them like this?

What a moron.

No more moronic than thinking that coaches do 70 mph down the motorway.
Hee hee.