Faulty chain broke his neck

Old December 4th 13, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Faulty chain broke his neck

A 73-year-old cyclist who was travelling along the new Lewes Road cycle
lane woke up with a broken neck after coming off his bike. the incident
was caused by a problem with Mr McQueen's chain and no other vehicles
were involved.

Dangerous and treacherous things: bicycles.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10852..._Lewes _Road/
Old December 5th 13, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1085...ash_near_York/

Old December 5th 13, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 05/12/2013 09:16, wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 December 2013 19:59:56 UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

Dangerous and treacherous things: bicycles.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1085...ash_near_York/

That sounds OT for a cycling newsgroup, but it seems the driver was
unhurt, see the difference?
Old December 5th 13, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Fighting Peugots: http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...lifted-6370798
Old December 5th 13, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

On 05/12/2013 09:16, wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 December 2013 19:59:56 UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

Dangerous and treacherous things: bicycles.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1085...ash_near_York/

That sounds OT for a cycling newsgroup, but it seems the driver was
unhurt, see the difference?

No, apparently it's not off-topic. You can talk about anything you like, as
long as it's in 'comparison'. A psycholist told me so.

Old December 5th 13, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 4 December 2013 19:59:56 UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

Dangerous and treacherous things: bicycles.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1085...ash_near_York/

OT, have you tried a motoring group?

Old December 8th 13, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_8_]

On 05/12/2013 09:16, wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 December 2013 19:59:56 UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

Dangerous and treacherous things: bicycles.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1085...ash_near_York/

That sounds OT for a cycling newsgroup, but it seems the driver was
unhurt, see the difference?

No, apparently it's not off-topic. You can talk about anything you like,
as long as it's in 'comparison'. A psycholist told me so.

Said the troll who is even hated by the other trolls.

PS It was absolutely NOT me who wrote this post. It was that naughty
boy, Brian Robertson.
Old December 8th 13, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_8_]

On 05/12/2013 09:26, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 05/12/2013 09:16, wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 December 2013 19:59:56 UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

Dangerous and treacherous things: bicycles.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1085...ash_near_York/

That sounds OT for a cycling newsgroup, but it seems the driver was
unhurt, see the difference?

Yes, the difference is that we don't really want motorists to be
hurt/killed. You, by contrast, want to see cyclists maimed and killed.

PS It wasn't me who posted this. It was that well known drinker and
rake, Brian Robertson. I actually find him very attractive and I would
ask him to make love to me, but I am really a man. I shall have to
content myself with fruitless attempts at getting him banned by his ISP.

Just broke a fairly young chain... Paul M. Hobson[_2_] Techniques 10 February 22nd 08 02:22 AM
Broke A Chain! Stephen Harding General 23 February 8th 07 02:42 PM
half broke a chain.. David Martin UK 1 January 25th 06 08:46 AM
Chain broke--sorta B.B. Techniques 2 June 27th 05 04:38 AM
Have you ever broke a chain ? William Hogan Australia 10 January 10th 05 12:06 PM