Ald / Lidl / wherever ...

Old August 10th 05, 11:49 AM
Paul - xxx

Default Ald / Lidl / wherever ...

Has anyone got one of those very cheap wireless speedos with a manual /
setup sheet, or know how to set one up?

I have a speedo I want to use on a Trials motorbike and I simply don't know
how to set it up for a different diameter tyre.(can't remember) and since
our house move, can't find the sheet I had. I can't remember which 'cheap
shop' it came from, and there is no clue as to it's true identity that I can
find.

Be appreciated, thanks.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old August 10th 05, 12:18 PM
MartinM

Paul - xxx wrote:
Has anyone got one of those very cheap wireless speedos with a manual /
setup sheet, or know how to set one up?

I have a speedo I want to use on a Trials motorbike and I simply don't know
how to set it up for a different diameter tyre.(can't remember) and since
our house move, can't find the sheet I had. I can't remember which 'cheap
shop' it came from, and there is no clue as to it's true identity that I can
find.

I thought I'd better fit mine after a year in the shed; dead as a dodo
despite a new battery, you get what you pay for ;-(

Old August 10th 05, 12:40 PM
wafflycat

"MartinM" wrote in message
oups.com...

I thought I'd better fit mine after a year in the shed; dead as a dodo
despite a new battery, you get what you pay for ;-(

Yet mine have been working for a couple of years no problem.

Cheers, helen s

Old August 10th 05, 02:13 PM
MartinM

wafflycat wrote:
"MartinM" wrote in message
oups.com...

I thought I'd better fit mine after a year in the shed; dead as a dodo
despite a new battery, you get what you pay for ;-(

Yet mine have been working for a couple of years no problem.

That makes two dead cordless ones now; front disc and Rock Shox rule
out anything else; for the amount I use it probably best to do without;
most of the off-road stuff I do is waymarked with a distance or at
least a map.

Expensive business MTB's, did one ride on the North Downs last
November, cost me two pairs of brake pads and a new set of cables!

Old August 10th 05, 02:33 PM
Dave Larrington

MartinM wrote:

That makes two dead cordless ones now; front disc and Rock Shox rule
out anything else;

Why can't you wrap the wire round the front brake cable/line? That's what I
did until the MTB's computer went to sleep with the fishes; it now has a
cadence-equipped one which runs off the rear wheel.

The sixth student said, "I ride my bicycle because I want people to
look up to me and say 'Wow! He looks really good up there!' The
teacher replied: 'Go away, Fabrizio!'"

Old August 10th 05, 03:17 PM
Paul - xxx

MartinM came up with the following;:
Paul - xxx wrote:
Has anyone got one of those very cheap wireless speedos with a manual /
setup sheet, or know how to set one up?

I have a speedo I want to use on a Trials motorbike and I simply don't
know how to set it up for a different diameter tyre.(can't remember) and
since our house move, can't find the sheet I had. I can't remember which
'cheap shop' it came from, and there is no clue as to it's true identity
that I can find.

I thought I'd better fit mine after a year in the shed; dead as a dodo
despite a new battery, you get what you pay for ;-(

I dunno, this one's also been in the shed for about a year, before that
about a year on a bike, yet it still fires up when buttons are pressed .. I
just dunno how to get it set for a different circumference wheel ...

Mine is the one with a solar panel on as well as a battery ... if it makes
any difference ..

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old August 10th 05, 03:21 PM
MartinM

Dave Larrington wrote:
MartinM wrote:

That makes two dead cordless ones now; front disc and Rock Shox rule
out anything else;

Why can't you wrap the wire round the front brake cable/line? That's what I
did until the MTB's computer went to sleep with the fishes; it now has a
cadence-equipped one which runs off the rear wheel.

'cos the front brake hose feeds the disc caliper, nowhere to fit a
sensor and magnet outside of the disc, the only sensible place for the
magnet to go would be on the disc itself. I will have a play, got
enough moribund corded ones in the horn of plenty that is my bling box.

Old August 10th 05, 08:14 PM
garryb59

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:36:46 +0000, killermike
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:17:38 +0100, Paul - xxx wrote:

I dunno, this one's also been in the shed for about a year, before that
about a year on a bike, yet it still fires up when buttons are pressed .. I
just dunno how to get it set for a different circumference wheel ...

Mine is the one with a solar panel on as well as a battery ... if it makes
any difference ..

I bought the recent Lidl one for 3.99. On that model, holding both buttons
for about five seconds causes it to reset. You can then input a new wheel
circumference. Might be worth a go.

I think you're refering to the standard wire computer, which I have
to say, is really rather ok. I was quite surpised at how good it was
for 3.99.

I always get a sense of conflicting emotions when I go in those places
- happy to come away with the odd bit of cycling gear, slice of ham or
a lorry load of cheapo olive oil and also somewhat disgusted at all
the plastic crap that's very much in evidence. I'll go again.

Garry
Old August 10th 05, 08:25 PM
Phil Clarke

Paul - xxx wrote:

Has anyone got one of those very cheap wireless speedos with a manual /
setup sheet, or know how to set one up?

most of them want to know the circumference of the wheel+tyre in mm. For
instance a 700c wheel with 23mm tyre is normally 2124 mm.

circumference of a circle is PI * diameter. 25.4mm in an inch. Guesswork
on the tyre shouldnt put you out by more than a coupla %.
Old August 10th 05, 08:36 PM
BIG_ONE

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:17:38 +0100, "Paul - xxx"

just dunno how to get it set for a different circumference wheel ...

Mine is the one with a solar panel on as well as a battery ... if it makes
any difference ..

hope it's this one :

2 buttons:
B is on the left
A right

Press and hold B and A buttons for 2 seconds or after the replacement
of battery, the unit is switched to wheel size input mode. Multiply
wheel diameter, in millimeters by 3.1416 to determine wheel factor,
Press the B button to select digit to be input and the A button to
adjust the digit to the desired number (hold for fast advance). Press
the B button again to KM/MILE selection. (Note: Removing battery will
erase Wheel Size Input) Fig. 8

For convenience you can refer to the chart of wheel diameter size
factor inputs.

wheel" /enter
20" 1596
22" 1759
24" 1916
26" 2073
26.5" 2117
26.6" 2124
26.8" 2136
27" 2155
28" 2237

KM / MILE Selection
After the wheel size input, the following function is selection of
kilometers or miles as the measurement for distance. Press the A
button to choose between Kilometer (KM) and Mile (M), press the B
button to confirm.

After KM / MILE selection, press the A button to set your age and
weight. Press the B button to confirm your setting.
Age
Weight in Kg ( when Km is selected ) or Weight in Pounds ( when Mile
is selected

Maintenance Program
It is used to remind you for the parts replacement or
to lubricate the chains and wheels after the preset distance is
reached.
Right after KM / MILE selection, the preset total distance of 600
km(or miles) will flash, press the A button to select ., ,
between 200, 400 , 600 & 800 km (or miles) and press B
button to confirm.
For example, if 600 km is selected, the spanner (&**) will' fiash
whenever the total distance (ODO) reach 600, 1200, 1800 km
(or miles).
Press the B button to stop flashing of spanner (**)-^

EL Backlight
The EL backlight can be turned on either as follows:
1 . Holding the Ateutton for 2 seconds The EL light will be turned on
for 8 seconds and the computer will then go to the fast scarf mode
with trip " . distance, maximum speed, average speed and trip timer
displayed once.
2. Press once on the B button The EL light will be turned on for 4
seconds and the computer will go to the freeze frame memory mode as
well.

Speed Comparator (Cadence)
A "+" or '-'-" sign appears to the right of the speed. "+" indicates
you are traveling faster than your average speed (AVS). A "-"
indicates .you are .riding slower than your average speed.

service Hotline - 0049 / 6341-284337 (Germany)

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

abandon your simpsons deity it serves you poorly .... and praise the
omniscient god of OCR

Lidl track pump vernon levy UK 7 May 17th 05 09:30 AM
LiDL bike bits tom UK 8 March 24th 05 01:34 PM
Missed Lidl? Mark Thompson UK 6 March 26th 04 03:57 PM
Lidl sale today Stephen \(aka steford\) UK 18 March 24th 04 10:59 AM
Lidl heads up dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 31 March 18th 04 06:15 PM