Halfords bargain

Old January 8th 04, 05:51 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Default Halfords bargain

Cateye TL-AU100BS for £7, reduced from £14.99. Buy one.

Old January 9th 04, 05:09 PM
davep

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

Cateye TL-AU100BS for £7, reduced from £14.99. Buy one.

I'm just about to leave work
and have asked halfords in wandsworth to hold onto one for me ....(
6.99 !!)
I tried the New Malden branch but they quoted 11.00

Old January 9th 04, 08:31 PM
MSeries

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Cateye TL-AU100BS for £7, reduced from £14.99. Buy one.

They had a bout 4 in York today

Old January 10th 04, 01:10 AM
DavidR

"Zog The Undeniable" wrote

Cateye TL-AU100BS for £7, reduced from £14.99. Buy one.

I did. I like the way it says that it does not meet BS if fitted on the
supplied clamp (under saddle). To meet the standard it has a small upward
pointing LED obviously needed to make it visible to passing aircraft!

Old January 10th 04, 09:26 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:10:31 -0000, "DavidR"
wrote:

To meet the standard it has a small upward
pointing LED obviously needed to make it visible to passing aircraft!

That is the low battery warning. RTFM! :-)

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old January 11th 04, 09:34 PM
DavidR

"Just zis Guy, you know?"
"DavidR"

To meet the standard it has a small upward
pointing LED obviously needed to make it visible to passing aircraft!

That is the low battery warning.

Indeed.

RTFM! :-)

Oh dear, irony filter broken (must be all those helmet & speeding threads -
keep up the good work).

Old January 11th 04, 10:00 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:34:13 -0000, "DavidR"
wrote:

irony filter broken

Evidently :-/

The idea of devices for warning low-flying aircraft is a familiar one.

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk/Web/public.nsf/Documents/RVLR

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old January 12th 04, 01:42 PM
Tom Jackson

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Cateye TL-AU100BS for £7, reduced from £14.99. Buy one.

I did, but took it straight back again. Was very unimpressed with it,
even at 6.99. It didn't seem anywhere near bright enough.

I shelled out an extra 5 quid and got this from Cyclexpress:

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/product..._Light_545.asp

Now THAT is one seriously bright back light!

tom.
Old January 12th 04, 08:53 PM
tony R

"Tom Jackson" wrote in message
Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Cateye TL-AU100BS for £7, reduced from £14.99. Buy one.

I did, but took it straight back again. Was very unimpressed with it,
even at 6.99. It didn't seem anywhere near bright enough.

I shelled out an extra 5 quid and got this from Cyclexpress:

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/product..._Light_545.asp

Now THAT is one seriously bright back light!

I wouldn't have taken the 6.99 one back. I've been using two of the LD600s
on my trailer for about 18 months and they are great lights. I got an AU100
a couple of weeks ago (12.95 I think) and it now is on my seat post. I'm
very impressed. Not as bright as the LD600s I agree, but the sideways
"throw" is much better than any LED I've tried. If there was a Halfords
within UKP 5 of me I'd go and get another.
tony R.

tony R.

Old January 12th 04, 10:36 PM
chris French

In message , tony R
writes

"Tom Jackson" wrote in message
.. .
Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Cateye TL-AU100BS for £7, reduced from £14.99. Buy one.

I did, but took it straight back again. Was very unimpressed with it,
even at 6.99. It didn't seem anywhere near bright enough.

I shelled out an extra 5 quid and got this from Cyclexpress:

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/product..._Light_545.asp

Now THAT is one seriously bright back light!

I wouldn't have taken the 6.99 one back. I've been using two of the LD600s
on my trailer for about 18 months and they are great lights. I got an AU100
a couple of weeks ago (12.95 I think) and it now is on my seat post. I'm
very impressed. Not as bright as the LD600s I agree, but the sideways
"throw" is much better than any LED I've tried.

That is of course because the AU100's are made to meet the BS I guess.

Personally I don't like the LD600s as they take AAA cells, I prefer AA,
cheaper, last longer, only one sort of battery required for my various
battery lights.
--
Chris French, Leeds