Reckless, Aggressive Drivers: Homegrown Terrorists

Old April 12th 08, 06:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Cows (was Reckless, Aggressive Straphangers: Homegrown Terrorists)

Pat Who? wrote:
On Apr 11, 8:13 am, Eric Vey wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:

Not around here. Sheesh. It won the blue ribbon.
The Holstein-Friesian has been bred for maximizing milk production.
Raising them for beef is possible, but silly.

Leave it to Pat to advocate killing the milk cow for a hamburger.

Dairy cows are indeed slaughtered, but by the time they are, they won't
be winning any prizes. I wonder if Pat pays much attention to what goes
on around where he lives. Maybe, if he got out of his car, held his nose
and talked to the dairy farmers, he might learn something.

Ummm, maybe I learned it from walking through the county fair and
looking in the meat case at the store. Remember, I'm the one who
actually lives in a rural area -- the county fair, the tribe's Pow
Wow, the Falling Leaves Festival are all part of the community. In
this area, they put the picture of the cow in the case next to the
meat and no one complains about it.

Are you sure that was a cow and not a steer? Holstein-Friesian cows, as
opposed to steers, are NOT slaughtered until they become too old to be
productive milk producers.

Old April 12th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Pat

Tom Sherman wrote:

[...]

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful- Hide quoted text -

Okay, fine. You (and George) know everything. When a cow wins the
blue ribbon this year I'll ask then to check with you before they
decide what to do with it.
Old April 19th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Amy Blankenship

"Bolwerk" wrote in message
m...
Amy Blankenship wrote:
"Martin Edwards" wrote in message
Tom Sherman wrote:
Martin Edwards wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Martin Edwards wrote:
[...]
Ok, smartass, try living in Lafayette for a week without a car.
Southern Comfort my ass.
Where is Lafayette and why would I even want to remotely consider
living there?

Tu ne sais rien de ta patrie.
Where is Lafayette Canada, then?

Sorry, my bad. I was referring to Lafayette, La. I know quite a bit
about francophone Canada. I watch Téléjournal nearly every day on the
French channel TV5.

I think probably Atlanta is the only Southern city with a decent transit
system.

I found it kind of crappy. And Jesus, I hear that MARTA acronym joke way
too much down there. The whites almost seem smug about it.

Compare, for instance, to Gulfport, Mississippi ;-)

Old April 19th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Miles Bader[_2_]

Default DC Metro

Bolwerk writes:
I found it kind of crappy. And Jesus, I hear that MARTA acronym joke
way too much down there. The whites almost seem smug about it.

Er... what's the marta acronym joke?

-Miles

--
Youth, n. The Period of Possibility, when Archimedes finds a fulcrum,
Cassandra has a following and seven cities compete for the honor of endowing a
Old April 19th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Free Lunch

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:50:30 +0900, in misc.transport.urban-transit
Miles Bader wrote in :
Bolwerk writes:
I found it kind of crappy. And Jesus, I hear that MARTA acronym joke
way too much down there. The whites almost seem smug about it.

Er... what's the marta acronym joke?

Almost all of the one's I've seen are racist.

-Miles

Old April 19th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bolwerk[_2_]

Amy Blankenship wrote:
"Bolwerk" wrote in message
m...
Amy Blankenship wrote:
"Martin Edwards" wrote in message
Tom Sherman wrote:
Martin Edwards wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Martin Edwards wrote:
[...]
Ok, smartass, try living in Lafayette for a week without a car.
Southern Comfort my ass.
Where is Lafayette and why would I even want to remotely consider
living there?

Tu ne sais rien de ta patrie.
Where is Lafayette Canada, then?

Sorry, my bad. I was referring to Lafayette, La. I know quite a bit
about francophone Canada. I watch Téléjournal nearly every day on the
French channel TV5.
I think probably Atlanta is the only Southern city with a decent transit
system.

I found it kind of crappy. And Jesus, I hear that MARTA acronym joke way
too much down there. The whites almost seem smug about it.

Compare, for instance, to Gulfport, Mississippi ;-)

Never had the "pleasure."
Old April 19th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bolwerk[_2_]

Miles Bader wrote:
Bolwerk writes:
I found it kind of crappy. And Jesus, I hear that MARTA acronym joke
way too much down there. The whites almost seem smug about it.

Er... what's the marta acronym joke?

-Miles

"What does MARTA mean?"

M A R T A