Speeding cyclists warned in Bournemouth

Old June 9th 09, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Speeding cyclists warned in Bournemouth

Peddling (sic) cyclists warned in Bournemouth, Dorset.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...promenade.html

Simon Mason in Berlin
Old June 9th 09, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
[email protected][_2_]

On 9 June, 21:39, " wrote:
Peddling (sic) cyclists warned in Bournemouth, Dorset.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news.../5480922/Unifo...

Simon Mason in Berlin

Safespeed is on the case though!!!!!
Old June 9th 09, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

wrote:
Peddling (sic) cyclists warned in Bournemouth, Dorset.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...promenade.html

Simon Mason in Berlin

Will you stop making these inflammatory posts.
Some of us believe Bournemouth to be part of Hampshire. Dorset ends at
Branksome and nothing worthwhile lies east of that.

--
Roger Thorpe

Standing on a golf course, dressed in PVC.....
Old June 9th 09, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

wrote:
On 9 June, 21:39, " wrote:
Peddling (sic) cyclists warned in Bournemouth, Dorset.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news.../5480922/Unifo...

Simon Mason in Berlin

Safespeed is on the case though!!!!!

I even disagree with them over this. People visiting the beach should
expect not to have cyclists whizzing around them.

btw. I also liked the linked article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/5...s-Britain.html

Martin.
Old June 9th 09, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
[email protected][_2_]

On 9 June, 21:53, Roger Thorpe
Peddling (sic) cyclists warned in Bournemouth, Dorset.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news.../5480922/Unifo...

Simon Mason in Berlin

Will you stop making these inflammatory posts.
Some of us believe Bournemouth to be part of Hampshire. Dorset ends at
Branksome and nothing worthwhile lies east of that.

--
Roger Thorpe

Standing on a golf course, dressed in PVC.....

I thought Dorset was wrong when I posted it. Glad you confirmed it.

Old June 9th 09, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
[email protected][_2_]

On 9 June, 21:54, Martin wrote:
wrote:
On 9 June, 21:39, " wrote:
Peddling (sic) cyclists warned in Bournemouth, Dorset.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news.../5480922/Unifo...

Simon Mason in Berlin

Safespeed is on the case though!!!!!

I even disagree with them over this. People visiting the beach should
expect not to have cyclists whizzing around them.

btw. I also liked the linked article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/5...s-Britain.html

Martin.

I have just been around Romania for a week and was stunned to see the
peasants on horse and carts with the drivers in a high vis jacket! Is
nothing sacred?

Old June 9th 09, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

wrote:
On 9 June, 21:53, Roger Thorpe
Peddling (sic) cyclists warned in Bournemouth, Dorset.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news.../5480922/Unifo...
Simon Mason in Berlin

Will you stop making these inflammatory posts.
Some of us believe Bournemouth to be part of Hampshire. Dorset ends at
Branksome and nothing worthwhile lies east of that.

--
Roger Thorpe

Standing on a golf course, dressed in PVC.....

I thought Dorset was wrong when I posted it. Glad you confirmed it.

Well technically you were correct, since the border changed in
1970something to bring Bournemouth into Dorset. I suppose some will be
used to the idea but I'm not.

Old June 9th 09, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

wrote:
Peddling (sic) cyclists warned in Bournemouth, Dorset.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...promenade.html

I like this bit:
"Despite their zealous pursuit, the officials had no powers to punish
offenders with fines as cyclists don't have speedometers and so don't
know when they break the law."

I wonder if the the same council shows the same leniency towards car
drivers overstaying their car parking time limit if they don't have
watches and so don't know when /they/ break the law? ;-)

--
Matt B
Old June 9th 09, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James[_5_]

On Jun 10, 6:29*am, Matt B wrote:
wrote:
Peddling (sic) cyclists warned in Bournemouth, Dorset.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news.../5480922/Unifo...

I like this bit:
"Despite their zealous pursuit, the officials had no powers to punish
offenders with fines as cyclists don't have speedometers and so don't
know when they break the law."

It has been pointed out before that this sort of statement is stupid
and illogical. The facts are that speeding laws do not generally apply
(IIRC there are some places where there are legally-sanctioned
limits), and cyclists have no requirement for a speedometer, but the
former is not due to the latter.

James
Old June 9th 09, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

James wrote:
On Jun 10, 6:29 am, Matt B wrote:
wrote:
Peddling (sic) cyclists warned in Bournemouth, Dorset.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news.../5480922/Unifo...

I like this bit:
"Despite their zealous pursuit, the officials had no powers to punish
offenders with fines as cyclists don't have speedometers and so don't
know when they break the law."

It has been pointed out before that this sort of statement is stupid
and illogical.

Yes, by me, amongst others.

--
Matt B