Republicans and other *******s are trying to slow you down

Old December 1st 10, 07:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Ed Dolan and other *******s are trying to slow you down

On Dec 1, 11:07 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average backyard wrote in message

(I do a collage trying to fix Ed's clumsiness. The stupid stuff is
his)
[...]
On Dec 1, 8:43 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Those wars cost a pittance. What a bargain! I believe we should always
employ our military somewhere in the world since ass always needs to be
kicked. Right now it is Muslim ass that needs to be kicked but that could
change in the near future. Who knows, we may soon have to kick North
Korean
ass and maybe even Chinese ass. We should already have leveled Iran with
nuclear weapons, but we presently have a wimp in the White House who does
not know his ass from a hole in the ground.

The main thing is to keep our ass kicking ability up to par. We do not
want
our military sitting in barracks at home, getting drunk and raising hell
with civilians. Nay, it is far better that they be gainfully employed
abroad
slaughtering our enemies.

But if you want peace and quiet, why not move to Costa Rica. I prefer the
American Empire myself.
I think you are clown, but an evil clown...
http://www.scaryforkids.com/pics/evil-clown-costume.jpg
The sooner America applies your philosophy, the sooner everything will

be over. No long agonizing over climate change, just cataclysmic event
leading to the extinction of the species, and thus the New Kingdom
will take over.

This kingdom will be populated by rats and roaches.

Well, it will not be populated by you or your progeny because Saint Edward
the Great is going to ensure that at least one atom bomb gets dropped right
on your head. If it takes out all of Florida, it will be no loss to the
world. The whole damn state is nothing but a sand bar anyway.

Yeah right...

http://www.scaryforkids.com/pics/evil-clown-costume.jpg

Old December 1st 10, 09:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

Default Does TM have a brain?

"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average backyard philosopher"
wrote in message
On Dec 1, 11:07 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
Well, it will not be populated by you or your progeny because Saint
Edward
the Great is going to ensure that at least one atom bomb gets dropped
right
on your head. If it takes out all of Florida, it will be no loss to the
world. The whole damn state is nothing but a sand bar anyway.

Yeah right...

You've got **** for brains all right. Now what else is new?

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 1st 10, 10:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Dec 1, 3:10 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average backyard wrote in message

On Dec 1, 11:07 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
Well, it will not be populated by you or your progeny because Saint
Edward
the Great is going to ensure that at least one atom bomb gets dropped
right
on your head. If it takes out all of Florida, it will be no loss to the
world. The whole damn state is nothing but a sand bar anyway.

Yeah right...

You've got **** for brains all right. Now what else is new?

You sure are ugly!

http://www.scaryforkids.com/pics/evil-clown-costume.jpg

Old December 1st 10, 10:53 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Forrest Hodge

Default Republicans and other *******s are trying to slow you down

On 12/1/2010 7:28 AM, Opus wrote:
On Nov 30, 8:02 pm, Forrest wrote:
snip
My 400 HP sport/muscle car isn't envious of a folding bicycle.

Well, some day I invite to a Triathlon where one of the events is to
take the vehicle in the subway.

No subways where I live, and even there were, I don't care for public
transportation. I prefer not being at the mercy of bus/subway schedule.

Good, and we're spending a trillion dollars to make sure that the oil
necessary for ****heads like you remains available.

****heads like me? Care to elaborate or is your argument simply limited
to name calling?

People that drive vehicles with a decimal order of magnitude more
power than they need to move their butts with fossil fuels, because
they haven't learned to use public transportation and refuse to ride a
bicycle to move their butts using their butts. Is that elaborate
enough for you?

And just to be precise, the war in Iraq cost a billion dollars a DAY
for 6 years, do the math. That doesn't even begin to tackle the cost
of the war in Afghanistan, and both of those wars were "off-budget"
items during the Bush administration, roughly $3 trillion added to the
deficit that wasn't even counted until 2008.

Because public transportation is everywhere, right. Where I live there
are no buses, no subways, no bike lanes. It would suicidal and
inefficient time-wise to bike to work. So consequently I drive
everywhere, and I might as well enjoy myself when I do it. If you really
want to get into semantics, it could be considered decedent and
unnecessary to ride a bike with 20 in or larger wheels or more than one
gear, because everyone should be able to peddle a fixed gear bike up a
steep hill and if you can't you're a "****head".
Old December 1st 10, 11:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Dec 1, 4:53*pm, Forrest Hodge wrote:
On 12/1/2010 7:28 AM, Opus wrote:

[...]

Hey, there are no sidewalks either in most suburbs made for the SUV
so... what do we do, drive an SUV?

Now one question, HOW CAN YOU ENJOY DRIVING A SPORTS CAR IN AMERICA?
So many vigilantes blocking the road and so much predation in speeding
tickets that you feel like driving is for dummies.

I drive a car for dummies, some older Lexus....

(But Opus is right in pointing that out: the bicycle is the best
choice whenever possible)
Old December 2nd 10, 12:50 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Small Wheels are Good!

On 12/1/2010 3:53 PM, Forrest Hodge wrote:
[...]
Because public transportation is everywhere, right. Where I live there
are no buses, no subways, no bike lanes. It would suicidal and
inefficient time-wise to bike to work. So consequently I drive
everywhere, and I might as well enjoy myself when I do it. If you really
want to get into semantics, it could be considered decedent and
unnecessary to ride a bike with 20 in or larger wheels or more than one
gear, because everyone should be able to peddle a fixed gear bike up a
steep hill and if you can't you're a "****head".

It is "pedal", not "peddle".

Small wheel are fine for long distances - I have done 125 mile rides in
less than 7 hours on bikes with ISO 305-mm and ISO 406-mm wheels.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old December 2nd 10, 04:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Forrest Hodge

On 12/1/2010 5:03 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average
On Dec 1, 4:53 pm, Forrest wrote:
On 12/1/2010 7:28 AM, Opus wrote:

[...]

If you live in suburbs and choose to ride a bike, that's your decision.
You can move to the city and live in a more bike friendly place. There
are trade offs to living an any given area.

How can I drive driving a sports car? Easy, back country roads and a
police force that concerns itself more with keeping violent offenders
off the streets more so that it does with the occasional hooning.
Old December 2nd 10, 04:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Forrest Hodge

On 12/1/2010 6:50 PM, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° wrote:
On 12/1/2010 3:53 PM, Forrest Hodge wrote:
[...]
Because public transportation is everywhere, right. Where I live there
are no buses, no subways, no bike lanes. It would suicidal and
inefficient time-wise to bike to work. So consequently I drive
everywhere, and I might as well enjoy myself when I do it. If you really
want to get into semantics, it could be considered decedent and
unnecessary to ride a bike with 20 in or larger wheels or more than one
gear, because everyone should be able to peddle a fixed gear bike up a
steep hill and if you can't you're a "****head".

It is "pedal", not "peddle".

Small wheel are fine for long distances - I have done 125 mile rides in
less than 7 hours on bikes with ISO 305-mm and ISO 406-mm wheels.

I'll take your word for it. If I have to be somewhere 125 miles away I'd
rather drive there and be there in about 1/3 of the time it takes to
bike. That's not to say I dislike the bicycle, I don't and I do bike for
exercise (though not for 125 miles). But the majority of the time if you
live in the suburbs or a rural area, the car is a much more practical
means of conveyance.
Old December 2nd 10, 05:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

"Forrest Hodge" wrote in message
On 12/1/2010 6:50 PM, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° wrote:
On 12/1/2010 3:53 PM, Forrest Hodge wrote:
[...]
Because public transportation is everywhere, right. Where I live there
are no buses, no subways, no bike lanes. It would suicidal and
inefficient time-wise to bike to work. So consequently I drive
everywhere, and I might as well enjoy myself when I do it. If you really
want to get into semantics, it could be considered decedent and
unnecessary to ride a bike with 20 in or larger wheels or more than one
gear, because everyone should be able to peddle a fixed gear bike up a
steep hill and if you can't you're a "****head".

It is "pedal", not "peddle".

Small wheel are fine for long distances - I have done 125 mile rides in
less than 7 hours on bikes with ISO 305-mm and ISO 406-mm wheels.

I have never done a century in less than 12 hours. That means it is an all
day ride, from dawn to dusk. 100 miles is too many. 70 miles in one day is
enough for anyone.

I'll take your word for it. If I have to be somewhere 125 miles away I'd
rather drive there and be there in about 1/3 of the time it takes to bike.
That's not to say I dislike the bicycle, I don't and I do bike for
exercise (though not for 125 miles). But the majority of the time if you
live in the suburbs or a rural area, the car is a much more practical
means of conveyance.

Forest Hodge is quite right about the suburbs and rural areas not being
friendly to cyclists. Large cities and small towns are the best venues for
cycling whether they have bike paths or not. However, some rural areas, like
Wisconsin for instance, do have lots of county blacktops which are fine for
cycling, but here in Minnesota it is mostly gravel roads in the countryside.
A gravel road will wear you down, especially on a recumbent.

Old December 2nd 10, 04:23 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Dec 1, 4:53 pm, Forrest *wrote:
On 12/1/2010 7:28 AM, Opus wrote:

[...]

The city is NOT a more bike friendly place. In the city you find the
monkeys riding on sidewalks... You call that friendly?

How can I drive driving a sports car? Easy, back country roads and a
police force that concerns itself more with keeping violent offenders
off the streets more so that it does with the occasional hooning.

Sorry, you can have a Mazda Miata to have fun and save a lot of gas.