Airless tire impressions

Old January 23rd 05, 01:17 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Default Airless tire impressions

Somebody mentioned that a company was sending free 1-inch long samples of
their airless tires. I got mine in the mail last week. Here are some
impressions:

Okay there's one: "ow." These things couldn't possibly have any shock
absorption at all. You would never pinch flat on these things because
they're very nearly solid. If one were on the track, this might be an
advantage, but few of us are.

The two different types they have, safety yellow and black compounds, are
both equally hard. If you were to ride these, I would bet that they would
increase spoke, bar, stem, and possibly frame failures. They also would
probably wear very well.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old February 5th 05, 07:05 AM
A Muzi

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:17:21 GMT, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
wrote:
The two different types they have, safety yellow and black compounds, are
both equally hard. If you were to ride these, I would bet that they would
increase spoke, bar, stem, and possibly frame failures. They also would
probably wear very well.

Lee Lindquist wrote:
I got a sample of these as well.
Has anyone tried mounting them on a rim. It seems to
me that it would be awfully hard to do so.

It is.
A customer asked us to acquire one for her trainer. Good
choice, wears well.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old February 5th 05, 05:05 PM
RonSonic

I don't do impressions. My training is in psychology.