Velodrome - tonight's meeting

Old November 18th 06, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

Default Velodrome - tonight's meeting

Was very surprisingly full up, sold out, house full, no seats, no standing
tickets left either.
Four of us got there before the start, had a wasted journey from Wakefield.
There was scores, perhaps hundreds of people being turned away.
We'd better buy tickets beforehand now. I can't remember this venue ever
selling out before.

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

Old November 18th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
LSMike

John Clayton wrote:

Was very surprisingly full up, sold out, house full, no seats, no standing
tickets left either.
Four of us got there before the start, had a wasted journey from Wakefield.
There was scores, perhaps hundreds of people being turned away.
We'd better buy tickets beforehand now. I can't remember this venue ever
selling out before.

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

Wow, that's really great news for cycling! I'm gutted for your wasted
trip, but how good for the sport is that kind of attendance!!! We're
off to Calshot tomorrow to have a go, a number from our speedskating
team (obv on bikes), and a whole lot of ACF cyclists.

http://www.redhillcc.co.uk/Disciplin...-02-19&evtid=1

And my toy set up in track mode, no kitchen pron mind.
http://www.londonskaters.com/cycling...shot-ready.jpg

Old November 18th 06, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MartinM

LSMike wrote:

We're
off to Calshot tomorrow to have a go, a number from our speedskating
team (obv on bikes), and a whole lot of ACF cyclists.

I'm very envious; wanted to go to Calshot for a long time; been looking
at all the nice bike pron, enjoy ;-)

I have a b'stard Reliabilty Trial around East Sussex (nuff said)
instead ____VVVV__ (route profile)

Old November 19th 06, 12:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PDannyD

On Saturday 18 November 2006 20:39, John Clayton
] wrote in message

Was very surprisingly full up, sold out, house full, no seats, no standing
tickets left either.
Four of us got there before the start, had a wasted journey from
Wakefield. There was scores, perhaps hundreds of people being turned away.
We'd better buy tickets beforehand now. I can't remember this venue ever
selling out before.

The "Revolution" events are excellent. I've only ever been to two track
racing events so my experience of them is limited but if they are all like
this then why isn't track racing much more popular?

We arrived early and even then they were calling out "standing room only"
but we managed to get some seats anyway as most of the seating is
unreserved. Even though it was sold out we weren't packed in like sardines
- there was still plenty of room to move about.

The next event (9th December, I think) is selling fast so get online and buy
your tickets NOW if you want to get in.
http://www.cyclingrevolution.com/home.htm
Old November 19th 06, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lloyd

"John Clayton" wrote in message
.uk...
Was very surprisingly full up, sold out, house full, no seats, no standing
tickets left either.
Four of us got there before the start, had a wasted journey from

Wakefield.
There was scores, perhaps hundreds of people being turned away.
We'd better buy tickets beforehand now. I can't remember this venue ever
selling out before.

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

What I'd like to know is whether the velodrome for the London Olympics will
have a seating capacity the would make a 6-day event economical. I believe
it was Ron Webb who said that even if you put the Calshot track in the NEC
in Birmingham there would not be enough headroom for the required seating
capacity for a six day.

--
David Lloyd,
The pub is responsible for my opinions.

Old November 19th 06, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

What I'd like to know is whether the velodrome for the London Olympics
will
have a seating capacity the would make a 6-day event economical. I believe
it was Ron Webb who said that even if you put the Calshot track in the NEC
in Birmingham there would not be enough headroom for the required seating
capacity for a six day.

--
David Lloyd,

From memory David I believe it's about 8,500 - reducing to 3,500 afterward.

Really can't rely on these numbers, they must be out there on the www.2012
(or summat) website.

Somehow don't fancy going out / down to Lea Valley for a six day. Places
with more attraction (for me) Munich, Ghent or Berlin. Food's nicer too!

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

Old November 19th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"John Clayton" wrote in message
.uk...
Was very surprisingly full up, sold out, house full, no seats, no standing
tickets left either.
Four of us got there before the start, had a wasted journey from
Wakefield. There was scores, perhaps hundreds of people being turned away.
We'd better buy tickets beforehand now. I can't remember this venue ever
selling out before.

That's funny. On Radio 5 Live that morning, David Millar was being
interviewed and he told the presenter that there were loads of tickets left.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old November 19th 06, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...

"John Clayton" wrote in message
.uk...
Was very surprisingly full up, sold out, house full, no seats, no
standing tickets left either.
Four of us got there before the start, had a wasted journey from
Wakefield. There was scores, perhaps hundreds of people being turned
away.
We'd better buy tickets beforehand now. I can't remember this venue ever
selling out before.

That's funny. On Radio 5 Live that morning, David Millar was being
interviewed and he told the presenter that there were loads of tickets
left.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

There was some hopping mad "spectators" there last night Simon. One moaning
about a 70 mile journey "I hope your'e half empty for the next one - I'm
never coming again".
A big pity really because appraoching the stadium in the dark with all those
other people was very atmospheric, I was quite excited.
They had paper stickers up "House Full", the cash desk was shuttered, the
other "collections only".
I'll agree it was strange because it wasn't IMHO a very attractive bill.

--
John Clayton
www.wakefieldsupportgroupautism.org

philly uni meeting? gordito8me Unicycling 11 October 31st 06 02:49 AM
Tonight's ride home Tony Raven UK 3 April 27th 06 05:16 PM
Governors' Meeting Tilly UK 25 April 5th 05 09:32 PM
Just got back from a meeting.. John Tomlinson UK 19 March 23rd 05 12:21 AM
RR meeting on wheels small change Mountain Biking 3 November 27th 04 11:03 PM