Billyclub Shampoo

Old August 27th 04, 03:55 PM
R.White

On 2004-08-26, R.White penned:
.. .
On 2004-08-26, R.White penned:

You would crap your pants if you knew how the "poor" are manipilating the
system.

Uh. Right.

The poor can't afford lobbyists and, if I'm not wrong, don't vote in large
enough numbers to be an election force. They aren't manipulating the
system.

That's what you think. I work with the "poor". The latest scam is blah blah
blah ...

Wow. You mean that people aren't always 100% honest and forthright when
dealing with the government? I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you. Why, with
all of the shining moral examples we have in the form of both politicians and
CEOs, I can't imagine why those dastardly poor would even think of cheating
the system!

You claimed they aren't manipulating the system.
I showed you how they are. Now you seem to say they have
an excuse to do it.
Remember, whether it's the government or the "poor",
it's still your money they're screwing with.
Old August 27th 04, 05:33 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-08-27, R.White penned:
On 2004-08-26, R.White penned:
On 2004-08-26, R.White penned:

[...]

I thought you meant manipulating the political system, not manipulating the
welfare system. I was genuinely confused as to how you could believe the
former. I don't have answers for the latter; in fact, I haven't really made
up my own mind about govt-subsidized aide vs. private.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
Old August 28th 04, 02:51 AM
R.White

On 2004-08-27, R.White penned:
On 2004-08-26, R.White penned:
On 2004-08-26, R.White penned:

[...]

Ok, I see.

Yeah, they would be as successful at manipulating the political
system as Mike was at halting road construction.