Biking in Wales ?

Old May 23rd 05, 01:36 PM
M@rcel

Default Biking in Wales ?

We (2x Dutch) are considering Wales for the summer holiday.
Is Wales MTB-ok ?
We found Scotland to be rather tolerant.
In Scotland we could use non-MTB stoney tracks without being beheaded
by a ranger, or shot down by the Yard, or hung up by our thumbs in the
local pub.
Is it the same in Wales ?
Old May 23rd 05, 01:43 PM
Mark

M@rcel wrote in message ...
We (2x Dutch) are considering Wales for the summer holiday.
Is Wales MTB-ok ?
We found Scotland to be rather tolerant.
In Scotland we could use non-MTB stoney tracks without being beheaded
by a ranger, or shot down by the Yard, or hung up by our thumbs in the
local pub.
Is it the same in Wales ?

Plenty of nice places to go in wales, several puropose built and exclusively
for mountain biking, notably coed-y-brenin in the north, but several similar
areas in the south too, check out the forestry commision web site for
details.

As for other pathways , a vast majority are multi use and so you are fine,
although around snowdon there is a restriction on biking for safety reasons,
mainly because of the sheer number of hikers using the paths.

(It is possible to cycle to the summit of Snowdon, but in the summer bikes
are restricted to very early morning/late evening times, the website
www.mtb-wales.com for exact details and info on pretty much anything you
would require)

Old May 23rd 05, 01:59 PM
M@rcel

Thanks Mark !
Old May 24th 05, 07:51 AM
Per Löwdin

We found Scotland to be rather tolerant.
In Scotland we could use non-MTB stoney tracks without being beheaded
by a ranger, or shot down by the Yard, or hung up by our thumbs in the
local pub.

We are just making plans to MTB in Scotland: would appreciate any
suggestions about good trails and websites with info.

Per

http://lowdin.nu