Bill "road weenie?" S.

Old April 4th 06, 08:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Bill "road weenie?" S.

Sorni wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
Sorni wrote:
Paladin wrote:
I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help
bring you back... ;~D

Anyone wanna clue me in on what I wrote? LOL Seriously, I didn't
keep a copy and have no idea (other than the gist that I'm a...well,
you described it fairly well!)...

Bill "JFTR, my diet's horrid and I've never shave anything other
than the mug" S.

Don't feel too bad. To win some swag (received yesterday, and better
than I expected) I said I'd give up sex for a year. It just gets
(much) worse from there. From
http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,3...tegory_id=441:

{click link to read snipped text}

Wow. See, I'm not THAT kind of roadie at all! As with most of my
activities, just a hapless hacker...

Bill "I /do/ know who George Hincapie is, though" S.

Uh, Bill, I wrote about it but... you know... I didn't DO it. And then,
I can't even WRITE beyond hapless hacker.
Still got me some swag, though. All I had to out myself as a roadie
with hetero man-love!
/s

Old April 4th 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Scott Gordo wrote:
Sorni wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
Sorni wrote:
Paladin wrote:
[...]

Um, Scott, I /know/ you didn't DO it. But /you/ know who all the gaily
colored lycra-clad anorexic racer boys ARE. I basically know Lance and Jan
and George and Tyler; that's about it.

Bill "can't tell the players without a program" S.

Old April 5th 06, 12:26 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

I was the one reading the lowly mag. so I
don't have too much room to talk. Truth be told, my road bike has seen
more
light of day this past year than my mountain bike.

Steve

poopie
Old April 5th 06, 12:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 09:38:35 -0700, Scott Gordo
wrote:

Sorni wrote:
Paladin wrote:
I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help bring
you back... ;~D

Anyone wanna clue me in on what I wrote? LOL Seriously, I didn't keep
copy and have no idea (other than the gist that I'm a...well, you
described
it fairly well!)...

Bill "JFTR, my diet's horrid and I've never shave anything other than
the
mug" S.

Don't feel too bad. To win some swag (received yesterday, and better
than I expected) I said I'd give up sex for a year.

That shouldn't be too difficult... if you're married.
_____
Slack
Old April 5th 06, 04:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Jimbo(san) wrote:
Ok this is my I rode with a Hincape story...
A few years ago I was doing a solo ride on the road. I had a gentleman
pull up behind me and polietly ask me if it was okay to pace along with
me for a while. I agreed and looking back I saw an older gentleman
riding a high end Colnago...
We chatted for a while and he asked me if I raced and complimented me
on my form. He told me I ought to race... and before I realized I felt
that he was pushing me along from behind. I looked down and I was going
from a civil 18mph to about 26 mph... As he paced behind he kept egging
me on and complimenting me. As we reached a pretty large hill... I
felt that I was about to blow up. He swung out took the lead and let
me catch his wheel and pulled me all the way up the hill. It was
amazing to ride with him... He climbed very well and he didn't look
like he was putting any effort.
When we crested the hill and I caught my breath enough to talk he asked
me if I watched any of the classic races on tv.. I told him I did... He
told me that George Hincappe is his son... I almost crashed my bike...
We parted ways a few miles later... after a great converrsation. He was
such a motivating and positive person. I regret I didn't just keep
going with him...
On my way home I became very skeptical and just chocked it up to some
guy who could ride was pulling my leg.
A while later I was telling this story at the LBS and Linda who is the
roadie person at the shop told me that George's father actually lives
on the Island and she rides with sometimes...
I am told George has shown for rides with his dad.

Jimbo(san)

Good story. I've never ridden with anyone who could "push" me from
behind, but I can imagine the feeling.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.
Old April 5th 06, 04:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

wrote:

Sorni wrote:
Paladin wrote:
I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help bring
you back... ;~D

Anyone wanna clue me in on what I wrote? LOL Seriously, I didn't keep
copy and have no idea (other than the gist that I'm a...well, you
described
it fairly well!)...

Bill "JFTR, my diet's horrid and I've never shave anything other than
the
mug" S.

Don't feel too bad. To win some swag (received yesterday, and better
than I expected) I said I'd give up sex for a year.

That shouldn't be too difficult... if you're married.
_____
Slack

Ouch! For the record, I saw the challenge as hyperbole.

/s