Summer of Inactivity

Old July 19th 04, 07:18 PM
Velvet

Default Summer of Inactivity

Woody wrote:

What a bummer!

Came off when braking in the wet downhill to avoid a bus occupying all the
space between double rows of parked cars. Result one fractured forearm and
a badly bruised hip. Estimated 4-6 weeks to mend and no cycling over the
summer. I have had to cancel the family holiday to France when I had
permission to take the bike up some serious (for me) hills.

I have no point to make just feeling sorry for myself

Woody

Oopsie! Hope you heal quick, that's a real bummer!

--

Velvet

Old July 19th 04, 10:03 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Nasty - I hope you heal completely and soon.
Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old July 20th 04, 12:42 AM
Pete Biggs

Woody wrote:
What a bummer!

Came off when braking in the wet downhill to avoid a bus occupying
all the space between double rows of parked cars. Result one
fractured forearm and a badly bruised hip. Estimated 4-6 weeks to
mend and no cycling over the summer. I have had to cancel the family
holiday to France when I had permission to take the bike up some
serious (for me) hills.

I have no point to make just feeling sorry for myself

Hold on, the summer's hardly started yet. I bet the weather is good in 4
weeks time and you might be mended enough by then to go for a few nice
spins. Good luck!

~PB

Old July 20th 04, 03:21 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

"Woody" writes:
"Pete Biggs" wrote in message

Hold on, the summer's hardly started yet. I bet the weather is good in 4
weeks time and you might be mended enough by then to go for a few nice
spins. Good luck!

Thanks Pete, you have made me feel better already, though the chances of any
prolonged decent weather this summer seem remote

You can get good weather any time of the year in this country. Trouble
is in winter, it doesn't last into the evenings. But summer evenings
are gorgeous. They can be enjoyed sitting on the patio with a drink as
well as cycling, of course.

Old July 20th 04, 07:35 PM
Pete whelan

Woody wrote:
What a bummer!

Came off when braking in the wet downhill to avoid a bus occupying all the
space between double rows of parked cars. Result one fractured forearm and
a badly bruised hip. Estimated 4-6 weeks to mend and no cycling over the
summer. I have had to cancel the family holiday to France when I had
permission to take the bike up some serious (for me) hills.

I have no point to make just feeling sorry for myself

Woody

Get better soon. I know what it feels like; I was off the bike for two
months last summer; still trying to use up the holiday from last year.