NoCom = 6 mph faster than Highwheeler

Old May 8th 05, 04:08 AM
Ed Gin

How's this for a reply? Nget, Joao, and anyone who wants $10,000
just prove I am the author of all the Johnny NoCom posts.

Ed Gin....

nget wrote:

Joao de Souza Wrote:
Johnny NoCom signed off:

Ed Gin

Hey Ed. You forgot to change the settings on your computer again.

Why was there no reply to this post?

--
nget

Old May 8th 05, 04:52 PM
nget

nget wrote:

Joao de Souza Wrote:
Johnny NoCom signed off:

Ed Gin

Hey Ed. You forgot to change the settings on your computer again.

Why was there no reply to this post?

--
nget

I will speak for myself.I do not want your money nor do I want another
peep from your barking poodle.

--
nget

Old May 9th 05, 08:57 AM
Peter Clinch

Ed Gin wrote:

Trikes are not competive vs. two wheeled lowracers, plain and simple. You'll not see
the airlite trike at Northbrook winning any lap races in the stock class.

Depends on the race. The 800+ mile End To End record in the UK is set
by a Windcheetah (41 hrs 4 minutes).

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old May 9th 05, 09:01 AM
Peter Clinch

Ed Gin wrote:

In the racing arena, speed is the priority. The Streetmachine, by the
way is a very competent bike especially for the reasons you stated.

Acknowledged, but my point was that it would be nice if so many of your
posts didn't appear to be based on the assumption that this group is
called alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent.racing.unfaired

Pete.

Old May 9th 05, 10:32 AM
Dave Larrington

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

No? Not even the fact that Neil Fleming is averaging 2mph faster than
any comparable bike in the BHPC series?

Just to go and spanner everything, however, Neil had what is often referred
to as a Bad Day at Eastway on Saturday. 20.9 mph average for ~45 minutes.
It didn't help that Young Master Robert decided to bring the Hachi out to
play and, in the absence of the Davies streamliners, won outright at ~25
mph. Eastway is Not Flat and the wind was distinctly evil - it alsmot had
me into the scenery on more than one occasion.

I'd not be at all averse to owning something shaped like a NoCom, but:

o when I sat on Neil's in Newport, it seemed not to agree with the shape of
my back at all, and
o I should like a tail fairing too, please

My only hope in life is to die before I get my comeuppence.

Old May 9th 05, 03:56 PM
Ed Gin

Peter, Peter,

Did you not note the opening post regarding "speed?"

Perhaps you shouldn't have read it?

Your assumptions are baseless.

Ed Gin

Old May 9th 05, 04:02 PM
Ed Gin

Now Peter,

That is a stupid post. You're comparing a FULLY HARDSHELLED FAIRED hpv to a STOCK CLASS
one?

With your credentials, one might have thought you KNEW something?

Ed Gin

Old May 9th 05, 04:23 PM
Peter Clinch

Ed Gin wrote:
Peter, Peter,

Did you not note the opening post regarding "speed?"

Ed, Ed, did you not consider my post is a response to your fundamental
lack of social graces in more than a single post, or even a single thread?

Your assumptions are baseless.

And what assumptions might they be?

Pete.

Old May 9th 05, 04:27 PM
Peter Clinch

Ed Gin wrote:
Now Peter,

That is a stupid post. You're comparing a FULLY HARDSHELLED FAIRED hpv to a STOCK CLASS
one?

Now Ed, you posted, with no context whatsoever, that "Trikes are not
competive vs. two wheeled lowracers", and my post was to demonstrate
that you require context if you want anyone to pay attention to what is
otherwise a sweeping generalisation.

With your credentials, one might have thought you KNEW something?

And what credentials might those be, and how have you demonstarted that
I don't know anything? Like I said, it "depends on the race". And so
it does. There are some races where a NoCom is very probably the best
you could have, and there are others where it isn't.

Pete.

Old May 11th 05, 02:03 AM

Peter,

You meant...

alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent.racing.lowracer.
NoComRules.EverythingElseSucksBecauseHEADGinSaysSo ... didn't you?

Jim