NoCom = 6 mph faster than Highwheeler

Old May 11th 05, 08:58 AM
Peter Clinch

You meant...

alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent.racing.lowracer.
NoComRules.EverythingElseSucksBecauseHEADGinSaysSo ... didn't you?

Along those lines, though it still needs an "unfaired" in there... ;-/

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old May 14th 05, 09:32 PM

Peter Clinch wrote:
Ed Gin wrote:
Now Peter,

That is a stupid post. You're comparing a FULLY HARDSHELLED FAIRED

hpv to a STOCK CLASS
one?

Now Ed, you posted, with no context whatsoever, that "Trikes are not
competive vs. two wheeled lowracers", and my post was to demonstrate
that you require context if you want anyone to pay attention to what

is
otherwise a sweeping generalisation.

With your credentials, one might have thought you KNEW something?

And what credentials might those be, and how have you demonstarted

that
I don't know anything? Like I said, it "depends on the race". And

so
it does. There are some races where a NoCom is very probably the

best
you could have, and there are others where it isn't.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Wow!

Just saw this thread!
Now I know some of the guys that own the new NoCom's and I can tell you
that they are the fastest lowracer's out there. Trikes? You have got to
be kidding? Right? For unfaired speed? And as uasual Ed Gin is right on
all points. So what if the NoCom guys were rude! That simply does not
make the bike any slower than what it is. The Baron is old school and
my Bacchetta Aero is faster than a Baron old school lowracer. I should
know I beat plenty of people on them.
Just ask Ed he will tell you!
I doubt the owner of the Volae's claims of 5 mph speed increase with
the NoCom but I bet its at least 10% faster than the fastest high bike
or old school lowracer out there.
And to Brol. Brol's market is not speed bikes like the NoCom or Baron
or Bacchetta Aero.
So going there for any objective opinions on the subject to be kind is
a waste of time. By the end of this race season we shall see just how
fast this NoCom really Is. I think I know already the answer to that
one.
Do I need a NoCom? Nope! My Aero is plenty fast for what I ride it for.
I just got kicked off of our Tuesday nite group ride for riding to
fast. So what's the point of a NoCom? I don't do circle races.
Speed bikes have a real identity crisis. They don't fit in the fast DF
world and the F.O.G bent riders hate them to. $6000.00 for a circle
race on a NoCom?
Not for me gentlemen.

MG

Old May 15th 05, 07:40 AM
Mark Leuck

wrote in message
oups.com...
Wow!

Just saw this thread!
Now I know some of the guys that own the new NoCom's and I can tell you
that they are the fastest lowracer's out there. Trikes? You have got to
be kidding? Right? For unfaired speed? And as uasual Ed Gin is right on
all points. So what if the NoCom guys were rude! That simply does not
make the bike any slower than what it is. The Baron is old school and
my Bacchetta Aero is faster than a Baron old school lowracer. I should
know I beat plenty of people on them.

Funny you mentioned that, I beat a Bacchetta Aero today on my Baron (not
even a lowracer)

And that was after doing 85 miles

Old May 15th 05, 10:53 AM
GoAwayTroll GoAwayTroll is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Leuck
Funny you mentioned that, I beat a Bacchetta Aero today on my Baron (not even a lowracer) And that was after doing 85 miles
And Mark, which races have you entered with your Baron? All of this talk of beating someone is much ado about nothing. I have a slow riding friend who bought an AERO because as she put it: "I can".

Get thee to a race and then post how well you did or post about how you've gotten faster because you did regimen A or B, etc. But this "I beat ..." is simply braggadacio at its worst.
Old May 15th 05, 07:04 PM
Mark Leuck

"GoAwayTroll" wrote in message

Mark Leuck Wrote:
Funny you mentioned that, I beat a Bacchetta Aero today on my Baron (not
even a lowracer) And that was after doing 85 miles

And Mark, which races have you entered with your Baron? All of this
talk of beating someone is much ado about nothing. I have a slow
riding friend who bought an AERO because as she put it: "I can".

Get thee to a race and then post how well you did or post about how
you've gotten faster because you did regimen A or B, etc. But this "I
beat ..." is simply braggadacio at its worst.

You mentioned nothing about races, you stated the Baron is old school and
the Bacchetta is faster, my experience is different, it sounds like your the
one bragging

Old May 16th 05, 02:44 AM
HHS

wrote in message
oups.com...

snip
I just got kicked off of our Tuesday nite group ride for riding to
fast.

Why would someone get kicked of an informal Tuesday night group ride for
being too fast? How could that possibly be a problem for a group?

Are you sure there weren't some other reasons why they kicked you off the
ride? Like Monkey Island refugee

Old May 16th 05, 04:48 AM
Mark Leuck

"HHS" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
oups.com...

snip
I just got kicked off of our Tuesday nite group ride for riding to
fast.

Why would someone get kicked of an informal Tuesday night group ride for
being too fast? How could that possibly be a problem for a group?

Are you sure there weren't some other reasons why they kicked you off the
ride? Like Monkey Island refugee

I don't think I've ever heard someone tell me "You can't ride with us
because your too fast"

GoAwayTroll sounds like Ed Gin/Johnny Nocomm's alter ego

Old May 16th 05, 06:12 AM

Sorry Dude but I am not banned from the ride. My Bicycle the Aero is
banned.
I simply must have a DF bike to ride with the group.
I do usually do ride DF but I just do not like being told what to do on
a public roadway so if I want to ride the Aero I will ride it. Not much
they can do to stop me. And I invited some of the Chi-town lowracer
NoCom owners to come it they want to. I would of course mark the course
since the pack would become little dots in the NoCom riders rear view
mirrors.

MG

Old May 16th 05, 06:19 AM

I don't think I've ever heard someone tell me "You can't ride with us
because your too fast"

GoAwayTroll sounds like Ed Gin/Johnny Nocomm's alter ego
,

Sorry not Ed Gin.
But speed bikes and DF bikes do not mix. But on a public road I will
ride what ever bike I feel like riding and no one will tell me
otherwise. They have no power to stop me. None. Zip. Nada.
A good rider on a recumbent speed bike will always be faster than a DF
rider. This is a fact of life with the new designs that are out there.
Its just to bad that there are so many BROL losers out there that are
to focking fat and slow to take advantage of the new super speed bikes
that one can buy.

MG