13 gauge spokes?

Old November 30th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
andrew361

Default 13 gauge spokes?

I've been searching around for 13 gauge spokes and having no luck. Does
anyone know where I might be able to find some? So far I've only been
able to find 12 and 14 gauge in the size I need (185mm). Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
andrew361
andrew361's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10444

Old November 30th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Unfortunatly I don't know where you can get them, but I'm curious as to
why you would want them over 12 or 14? What rim or hub are you using
that uses that size?

Edit: is there even such a thing as a rim or hub that would need 13
gauge spokes?

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Old November 30th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I remember hearing that the KH Moment hub used 13, but don't quote me on
that. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) New Uni =
Blue Sex!

Old November 30th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

What is the difference between 12, 13, and 14?

--
maximus unius

Originally Posted by *Beener*
Is ISIS, ISIS, is ISIS not ISIS, is KOXX ISIS really ISIS, is Kris Holm
ISIS more ISIS than KOXX ISIS, ISISISISISIS!

maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

Old November 30th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
p1choco

The moment hub is advertised as using 13 gauge spokes. I would say not
to worry about trying to find 13 gauge and go for the 14. They are
easier to find and probably more abundant.

--
p1choco
p1choco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13470

Old November 30th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
blackbike

Jerrick wrote:
I remember hearing that the KH Moment hub used 13, but don't quote me on
that. =p

really?

--
blackbike

add me on msn,

_*My_Trials_Uni_Wishlist*_
CrMo 27.2 seatpost, Tryall black double bolt seat clamp, KH20 07 frame,
KH Moment hub/cranks, Black Spokes, Silver Tryall rim, Maxxis Creepy
Crawler
blackbike's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13551

Old November 30th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
p1choco

blackbike wrote:
really?

Yes. Really. This is straight from UDC. Look for the bold and
highlighted words

# Rim: New Kris Holm 19” Trials rim, 36 hole, 47mm wide, with
eyelets for extra strength.
# Weight: 5.7 kg (12 lbs)
# Minimun pedal-saddle distance: 65 cm (26 inches)
# Color: dark blue with high-durability, glossy clearcoat, laser-etched
logo
# Frame:7005 T6 Aluminium frame
# Hub: KH Moment ISIS hub
# Cranks: KH Moment 7075 Aluminum cranks(137mm) (125mm also available)
# Pedals: Snafu Concave (black)
# Saddle: Kris Holm Fusion Street gel saddle with front lift handle and
removable cover.
# Seatpost: Alloy 27.2 x 300mm bolt-on style
# Ti 19 x 2.50 Maxxis Creepy Crawler trials, black with schraeder
valve, 20-inch inner tube and rim tape
# *Spokes: New Black stainless steel 13G with nipple eyelets to make a
stronger wheel*
# Seatpost clamp: New double-bolted, aluminium.

EDIT:

This is from the KH website:

Kris Holm Trials/Street 20" Click to enlarge
Carefully crafted to withstand abuse while remaining lightweight, the
KH20 trials and street unicycle is built specifically for trials and
street riding. Also a great kids mountain unicycle.

Select Features:

* 7005 T6 Aluminum frame
* KH Moment ISIS hub,
* KH Moment 7075 Aluminum cranks (137 mm) (125mm also available)
* Fusion Street gel saddle
* 19” x 47 mm x 36 hole, double wall KH rim with eyelets
* *High strength 13 gauge spokes (172 mm length)*
* Weight: 5.65 kg

Old November 30th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni4life_13

is it possible to use any othe gauge in the hub?

--
uni4life_13
uni4life_13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13726

Old November 30th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
p1choco

Speaking in technical terms, I guess it is. A thicker gauge is
typically stronger than a thinner gauge. Using a thicker gauge lets
you use less spokes because of the added strength. Less spokes means
less weight. I think that was the intention a long time ago. Bicycle
rims and hubs started using less spokes as technology progressed.

Old November 30th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni4life_13

but any gauge will fit through the holes in the hub?