How you like Them Apples?

Old September 30th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Default How you like Them Apples?

Bettini!!
--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old September 30th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Davey Crockett schreef:
Bettini!!

Good. The right winner, sportive and politically, after an exciting race.

Too bad that Boogie couldn't close the gap with his ultimate effort, but
6th or 12th, I don't think he'll lose sleep over it.

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 30th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Alex Beascoechea

Bettini is really great!

O.K. So the spanish team screwded up. But can anybody explain what the 3
Dutchmen in the final group were thinking about? It seems that Boogerd could
not get the other two to move their asses to help him.

Old September 30th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bellissima! Stupenda! As a sort of "adopted" Italian (my wife is
Italian, and I have lived there on and off for a while) I've never
been happier to hear their national anthem, and it was great to watch
Bettini afterwards. Definitely in the list of "most deserved
victories".

Old September 30th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Alex Beascoechea schreef:
O.K. So the spanish team screwded up. But can anybody explain what the 3
Dutchmen in the final group were thinking about? It seems that Boogerd could
not get the other two to move their asses to help him.

I think they were spent. Kroon was hanging back already after some great
showing a few laps before. It was said he had stomach troubles the last
few days. Dekker, well he has his moments but I don't believe he can be
an explosive classics rider. I also think 250+ km might be pushing it
for him, at his age. [Wishful thinking:] Too bad Langeveld and Ten Dam
had to work in 2 chases earlier and that Gesink was in all sorts of
breaks. They might have been up there as well.

Ah yes, Kroon just on tv, very disappointed, almost in tears. He
focussed on this race for the past 2 years and he was super, had great
legs, didn't feel them but he missed some energy in the final after a
few days of being sick.

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 30th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 30, 10:16 am, Davey Crockett wrote:
Bettini!!
--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply

http://www.recipeland.com/recipe/47281/

With the right apples, somewhat tart but a sweet finish, and better
than stewed crow any day. Even PMcQ seems to agree:

(yahoo sports)

UCI president Pat McQuaid started the week firmly reprimanding
Bettini for his refusal to sign [doping loyalty oath] but on Sunday he
had warm praise for the Italian's achievement.

"There's a famous saying from Italy: Veni, vidi, vici and Paolo
Bettini came, saw and conquered," McQuaid told reporters.

"A rider who can win a race under the pressure he's been under is a
classic, special rider. I've nothing but the highest praise for him.
He won a classic race today, with the best five riders of the race at
the front, and he came through and won.

"We can only give him all the praise and support he needs."

Yum yum, is there more?

--D-y

Old September 30th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 30, 9:23 pm, " wrote:
[...]

Well that's better from McQuaid. I found his anger at Bettini very
inappropriate as he should show the current world champion some
respect regarding his personal choices, even if he disagrees with
them. Even worse, his behavior might have encouraged the later actions
of the German authorities trying to ban him from the race.

-ilan

Old September 30th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
sergio

On 30 Set, 18:04, "
wrote:
Bellissima! Stupenda! As a sort of "adopted" Italian ...

Try to imagine how elated I feel, so proud of such a great neighbor of
mine.

Sergio
Pisa

Old September 30th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 30, 3:23 pm, " wrote:
[...]

FANTASTIC! Bettini makes some justice for himself, and McBoggie proves
what a sleazebag hypoicrite he is. I'd love to think that this might
inspire the rest of the riders to stand up for themselves. Not goonna
happen though.
You can count me a member of the Bettini fan club after all this BS.
Best revenge he could have had that didn't involve stakes and
bonfires.
Bill C

Old September 30th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On Sep 30, 10:15 am, Ewoud Dronkert
wrote:
Alex Beascoechea schreef:

O.K. So the spanish team screwded up. But can anybody explain what the 3
Dutchmen in the final group were thinking about? It seems that Boogerd could
not get the other two to move their asses to help him.

I think they were spent. Kroon was hanging back already after some great
showing a few laps before. It was said he had stomach troubles the last
few days. Dekker, well he has his moments but I don't believe he can be
an explosive classics rider. I also think 250+ km might be pushing it
for him, at his age. [Wishful thinking:] Too bad Langeveld and Ten Dam
had to work in 2 chases earlier and that Gesink was in all sorts of
breaks. They might have been up there as well.

Ah yes, Kroon just on tv, very disappointed, almost in tears.

This was on TV!! C'mon, I looked..all I found was bullriding and a
variety of gigantic uniformed guys slamming into one another,
seemingly arguing over this oval looking, pointy ball.....

But Cleveland are in the playoffs(allright, allright, I admit it, I
like baseball..........)