A bit of a Do

Old December 13th 18, 07:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default A bit of a Do

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:41:09 -0500, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On 12/12/2018 8:26 PM, news18 wrote:

BTDT when I was "leading" club rides. Vested interest in that is easier
to get some back who had come a croppa if they don't break anything.
This ws in the days when there was no mobile phones, even bricks.
Otherwise, head for the nearest farm house and ring for an ambulance.

I've led literally hundreds of club rides - long, short, day, night,
flat, hilly, slow, fast. I never worried overly much about people
crashing. Of course, I'd call "gravel" or "hole" if that was needed, and
I might caution people "this downhill has a sharp curve" or whatever.
But it was never much of a worry.

Over here, you'd be calling gravel all the time.
We didn't have that many incidents either, but when you're encouraging
people to go touring, it helps reassure them.
OTOH, anyone riding slicks was almost guaranted an ambulance ride home or
a lot of limping if a local ride.