Hit and run Ed

Old November 10th 10, 11:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

Default Is Ed the new moderator?

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
On 11/10/2010 12:20 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/09/10 20:50, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:

On 11/9/2010 9:47 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
I am not a moderator, but I am not going to let you destroy RBS.[...]

Mike "Handsaw" Vandeman already destroyed RBS.

FWIW, the Big 8 Management Board is going through the process of
removing rec.bicycles.off-road, the moderated group that never got off
the ground. Don't let him kill another one. If you can't kill him,
killfile him. It can be done, mostly. Give it a shot.

Well, "Handsaw" also killed AMB, Dolan killed ARBR, and RBM seems to be
dying off. Maybe it is time to go back to the one group rec.bicycles?

ARBR was killed by Ed Gin and Associates, Jim McNamara and Tom Sherman. Why
Tom Sherman? He was a mainstay of ARBR and yet he stood by and let it
happen. He does not killfile, but he will not defend the group against
criminal vandal trolls. His cowardice and simpering rectitude is truly mind
boggling!

A group that will not defend itself from trolls, stalkers and spammers is
not worth living. Frankly, such groups deserve to die!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 10th 10, 11:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

"His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Free Spirits of the Jungle"
wrote in message
On Nov 9, 10:47 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Free Spirits of the
wrote in message

On Nov 9, 4:23 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

The only clown here is you. Confine your posting to responses and you
will
cease to exist for me. A couple of original posts per week from you is
OK
(provided they are original and not the same old ****), but one every
day
is
NOT!
Just wondering.

I am not a moderator, but I am not going to let you destroy RBS.

Get with the group. If you can't do that, then get your own blog.

And what's your role in bicycles? Do you ride one or promote its use?

I am well represented in the archives of Google Groups with respect to the
cycling newsgroups. ARBR was my main group for many years, but I got tired
of the nuts and bolts of bicycles. Such subjects are for newbies. My main
interest now is getting mountain bikes off of hiking trails. It is the one
and only reason I am on RBS.

However, I do not do original posts on the subject. I merely respond to
others who post on the subject. That is what you should be doing too. Learn
to be a responder. No one is reading your original posts. It is why you are
just talking to yourself. Usenet members are much more likely to read

Old November 11th 10, 01:21 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev[_2_]

On 11/10/10 04:56, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:

On 11/10/2010 12:20 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/09/10 20:50, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
On 11/9/2010 9:47 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
I am not a moderator, but I am not going to let you destroy RBS.[...]

Mike "Handsaw" Vandeman already destroyed RBS.

Be really nice if he was strangled with the rotting corpse of a whipsnake.

FWIW, the Big 8 Management Board is going through the process of
removing rec.bicycles.off-road, the moderated group that never got off
the ground. Don't let him kill another one. If you can't kill him,
killfile him. It can be done, mostly. Give it a shot.

Well, "Handsaw" also killed AMB, Dolan killed ARBR, and RBM seems to be
dying off. Maybe it is time to go back to the one group rec.bicycles?

I stopped reading rbor when it went moderated and never went back. I
read r.b.tech too for a while, but then I realized I didn't want to
tweak around with stuff, I just wanted to ride. A little wrenching goes
a long way :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 666666666

Old November 11th 10, 03:51 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
[...]
I stopped reading rbor when it went moderated and never went back. I read
r.b.tech too for a while, but then I realized I didn't want to tweak
around with stuff, I just wanted to ride. A little wrenching goes a long
way :-(

RBOR was a newsgroup dedicated to criminal idiot-asshole mountain bikers.
****'em!

RBT is for nerds like Tom Sherman. Harmless, but boring as hell!

Old November 11th 10, 04:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

wrote in message

[...]

Let me show a little trick we use in the jungle to stop unwelcome
guests: You put a rope a foot high and when the bicycle hits they go
flying. Try that they don't catch you doing it.

Seriously, is that a goal worth fighting for in the Internet?
Old November 11th 10, 04:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
On Nov 10, 5:35 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
I am well represented in the archives of Google Groups with respect to the
cycling newsgroups. ARBR was my main group for many years, but I got tired
of the nuts and bolts of bicycles. Such subjects are for newbies. My main
interest now is getting mountain bikes off of hiking trails. It is the one
and only reason I am on RBS.

[...]

Seriously, is that a goal worth fighting for in the Internet?

Idiot-asshole mountain bikers will completely take over RBS if I am not here
to combat them. You are just a mere nuisance and I could care less about
your so-called purpose.

I think mountain biking is a fad myself and it will soon disappear on its
own. But that is no reason why RBS should be given over to them.

Motor vehicles are here to stay unless and until they get too expensive for
the common man to operate. Your "purpose" is even more absurd than mine.

Old November 11th 10, 04:54 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 11/10/2010 9:32 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey& the Free Spirits of the Jungle"
wrote in message
On Nov 10, 5:35 pm, "Edward wrote:
[...]
[...]

Oh Ed, have you not figured out that TM's purpose is to scare people
*away* from cycling?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old November 11th 10, 05:21 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Free Spirits of the Jungle

On Nov 10, 10:54*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
On 11/10/2010 9:32 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

"His Highness the TibetanMonkey& *the Free Spirits of the Jungle"
*wrote in message
On Nov 10, 5:35 pm, "Edward *wrote:
[...]
[...]

Do you understand plain English? We need:

1- They should enforce no bicycles on sidewalk,

2- They should establish our space and give us the lane.

Does that scare you? Does that scare anyone else? Why?
Old November 11th 10, 06:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
[...]
Oh Ed, have you not figured out that TM's purpose is to scare people
*away* from cycling?

Actually I understand where TM is coming from. I once did a week long
organized group bike tour in Florida and it was like playing Russian
roulette. The traffic there is ferocious and the roads are narrow with no
shoulders. It is a dangerous place to be cycling.

We are far luckier than TM. Here in the Upper Midwest it is still possible
to find county blacktops that are free of traffic and safe for cycling. I
think Wisconsin has the best roads for cycling in the country. You have to
stay off the main arteries of course, but the secondary roads are as near to
heaven as you can get in America.

Old November 22nd 10, 07:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
JimmyMac

On Nov 10, 4:21*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Sherman _ " wrote in ...

On 11/10/2010 12:20 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/09/10 20:50, Tom Sherman _ wrote:

On 11/9/2010 9:47 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
I am not amoderator, but I am not going to let you destroy RBS.[...]

Mike "Handsaw" Vandeman already destroyed RBS.

FWIW, the Big 8 Management Board is going through the process of
removing rec.bicycles.off-road, the moderated group that never got off
the ground. Don't let him kill another one. If you can't kill him,
killfile him. It can be done, mostly. Give it a shot.

Well, "Handsaw" also killed AMB, Dolan killed ARBR, and RBM seems to be
dying off. *Maybe it is time to go back to the one group rec.bicycles?

ARBR was killed by Ed Gin and Associates, Jim McNamara and Tom Sherman.

The burden of proof rests with the accuser. Where's your proof of
this often cited and repetitiously regurgitated, but never
substantiated assertion?

Why Tom Sherman? He was a mainstay of ARBR and yet he stood by and let it
happen. He does not killfile, but he will not defend the group against
criminal vandal trolls. His cowardice and simpering rectitude is truly mind
boggling!

A group that will not defend itself from trolls, stalkers and spammers is
not worth living. Frankly, such groups deserve to die!

You fit two if not three of the categories. How do you defend a group
from yourself? The conundrum continues.