Another pedestrian injured on the pavement by cyclist

Old January 15th 11, 01:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marie

Default Another pedestrian injured on the pavement by cyclist

http://www.essexcountystandard.co.uk... _by_cyclists/

Nicola Rogers, 27, who competes for RunEvolve running club in
Colchester, was out jogging when three boys on bikes crashed into her
on the pavement, knocking her down.

And to think that some people on this NG say this never happens.
Then they will tell you that if it was a car the outcomr would be
worse, but many never say a word against this type of cyclist.
Old January 15th 11, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Another pedestrian injured on the pavement by cyclist. Lucky itwasn't by a motorist though.

On Jan 15, 12:02*am, Marie wrote:
http://www.essexcountystandard.co.uk...62.Runner___s_...

Nicola Rogers, 27, who competes for RunEvolve running club in
Colchester, was out jogging when three boys on bikes crashed into her
on the pavement, knocking her down.

And to think that some people on this NG say this never happens.
Then they will tell you that if it was a car the outcomr would be
worse, but many never say a word against this type of cyclist.

Yes they do and quite often here and you are the proof of that.

What they don't say a word against here is pavement motorists. Odd
that, considering it is a cycling newsgroup.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old January 15th 11, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 15/01/2011 07:02, Doug wrote:
On Jan 15, 12:02 am, wrote:
http://www.essexcountystandard.co.uk...62.Runner___s_...

Nicola Rogers, 27, who competes for RunEvolve running club in
Colchester, was out jogging when three boys on bikes crashed into her
on the pavement, knocking her down.

And to think that some people on this NG say this never happens.
Then they will tell you that if it was a car the outcomr would be
worse, but many never say a word against this type of cyclist.

Yes they do and quite often here and you are the proof of that.

I think it would be fair to say, that most on this NG would condemn a
driver deliberately driving along the pavement (there are obvious
exceptions, access, utilities, etc)
But I have yet to see you say any word about pavement cycling, in fact
you seem to be all for it, even complaining about pavement furniture
getting in the way.

What they don't say a word against here is pavement motorists. Odd
that, considering it is a cycling newsgroup.

It is a cycling NG, why is that odd.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

There are to many people riding their cycle weapons on the pavement on
purpose.
Old January 16th 11, 03:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Jan 15, 12:02*am, Marie wrote:
http://www.essexcountystandard.co.uk...62.Runner___s_...

Nicola Rogers, 27, who competes for RunEvolve running club in
Colchester, was out jogging when three boys on bikes crashed into her
on the pavement, knocking her down.

And to think that some people on this NG say this never happens.
Then they will tell you that if it was a car the outcomr would be
worse, but many never say a word against this type of cyclist.

I'd ask you who you think says it never happens (I've never seen it
claimed), but you won't reply, will you Marie?
Old January 16th 11, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Jan 15, 9:17*am, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 15/01/2011 07:02, Doug wrote:

On Jan 15, 12:02 am, *wrote:
http://www.essexcountystandard.co.uk...62.Runner___s_....

Nicola Rogers, 27, who competes for RunEvolve running club in
Colchester, was out jogging when three boys on bikes crashed into her
on the pavement, knocking her down.

And to think that some people on this NG say this never happens.
Then they will tell you that if it was a car the outcomr would be
worse, but many never say a word against this type of cyclist.

Yes they do and quite often here and you are the proof of that.

I think it would be fair to say, that most on this NG would condemn a
driver deliberately driving along the pavement (there are obvious
exceptions, access, utilities, etc)

Strange then that they seldom do and instead prefer to single out
cyclists here.

But I have yet to see you say any word about pavement cycling, in fact
you seem to be all for it, even complaining about pavement furniture
getting in the way.

You are as usual quite wrong. I have in the past made numerous
statements about pavement cycling and attribute it to fear on the part
of the cyclist and suggested that roads should be made safer for them
so that they no longer feel a need to use pavements, which are much
more inconvenient to cycle on than roads anyway.

What they don't say a word against here is pavement motorists. Odd
that, considering it is a cycling newsgroup.

It is a cycling NG, why is that odd.

Because motorists posing as cyclists, while criticising cyclists here,
is suspicious to say the least.

There are to many people riding their cycle weapons on the pavement on
purpose.

I agree. The roads should be made much safer for them. Unfortunately
car weapons are potentially much more dangerous than cycle weapons and
for that very reason pavement motorists should be severely
discouraged.

BTW, do you ever drive your car onto pavements?

-- .

Old January 16th 11, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
FrengaX

On 15/01/2011 07:02, Doug wrote:

On Jan 15, 12:02 am, *wrote:
[...]

And always without any substantiation. As there has never been any
evidence put forward for this claim, it cannot be held as valid in any
way, which makes your continued use of it as an excuse for OT posts
also invalid.
Old January 16th 11, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 16/01/2011 07:44, Doug wrote:
On Jan 15, 9:17 am, Tony wrote:
On 15/01/2011 07:02, Doug wrote:

On Jan 15, 12:02 am, wrote:
[...]

See my answer to one of your other posts.

"And that is no excuse for them to act in an antisocial & illegal way.
And as the majority of cyclists do not ride on the pavements, the scared
ones should not be using bikes. "

What they don't say a word against here is pavement motorists. Odd
that, considering it is a cycling newsgroup.

It is a cycling NG, why is that odd.

Because motorists posing as cyclists, while criticising cyclists here,
is suspicious to say the least.

When will you get it into your head, most cyclists are motorists as well
(not at the same time)

There are to many people riding their cycle weapons on the pavement on
purpose.

I agree. The roads should be made much safer for them. Unfortunately
car weapons are potentially much more dangerous than cycle weapons and
for that very reason pavement motorists should be severely
discouraged.

BTW, do you ever drive your car onto pavements?

Only to use my legal crossover to access my garden.
When I used a van at work I have driven across pavements to access
street cabinets, hazards on & at low speed.

-- .

Old January 16th 11, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
alan.holmes

On 15/01/2011 07:02, Doug wrote:

On Jan 15, 12:02 am, wrote:
[...]

You, obviously, do not cycle on the road, otherwise you would be aware of
the many hazzards for cyclists, sunken drain covers being just one, which
means they HAVE to move further out into the road, thus getting in the way
of motorists and making them at risk from being knocked down and injured or
killed.

You should try it sometime then you would not have to ask for evidence of
the risks to cyclists.

Alan

Old January 16th 11, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 16/01/2011 14:41, alan.holmes wrote:
wrote in message
On Jan 16, 7:44 am, wrote:
On Jan 15, 9:17 am, Tony wrote:

On 15/01/2011 07:02, Doug wrote:

On Jan 15, 12:02 am, wrote:
[...]

Do these problems mean that you should be allowed to cycle on the
pavement & endanger pedestrians?
Old January 16th 11, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 16/01/2011 07:44, Doug wrote:

Tony wrote:

... I have yet to see you say any word about pavement cycling, in fact
you seem to be all for it, even complaining about pavement furniture
getting in the way.

You are as usual quite wrong. I have in the past made numerous
statements about pavement cycling and attribute it to fear on the part
of the cyclist and suggested that roads should be made safer for them
so that they no longer feel a need to use pavements, which are much
more inconvenient to cycle on than roads anyway.

This alleged "fear" is in fact arrogance and selfishness.

HTH.