Why you don't ride in the door zone

Old November 21st 18, 01:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default Why you don't ride in the door zone

On 20/11/2018 19:31, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 12:09:32 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 19/11/2018 21:04, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 6:02:14 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 19/11/2018 16:40, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 4:07:54 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 19/11/2018 14:29, Simon Jester wrote:

On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 2:14:26 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 15/11/2018 17:15, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 15/11/2018 13:19, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hw8Kzw60rE

Who was at fault and who should pay the bill?

A genuinely amusing video for a change.
There's little doubt that the insurer of the pirate car is going to
have to pick up the tab for the damage to the car and probably a good
few hundreds of pounds to the operator of the bus for repairs.

Agreed. Finally Jester has posted something worth clicking on.
In a different life I used to own taxis, the punters were always opening
doors without looking.
Note that in the video the passenger is a violent import who scarpered.

The driver of the pirate car did himself no favours in allowing a
situation where the only option available to the passenger was opening
the front passenger door into the moving traffic lane because the car
was stopped against the right hand kerb (even in a one-way street).

Go ahead, tell us why you call it a pirate car.

Because that's what it is.

Why?

That's not an argument for this NG.

It wasn't meant to be an argument, I am just curious why you call it a pirate car.
Don't answer if you don't want to, it don't make no never mind to me.

Fair enough.

Indeed, you are free to make yourself look like an infant as often as you like.

You'd be better off not commenting on topics about which you know
nothing (of which, there are plenty, including that one).

Raise it as a thread in (say) uk.transport (where it may be the only
on-topic post this month) and I'll give you the answer there.

He ought to have either sought out a spare bit of clear kerb on the left
OR pulled up near parked cars on the left, such that no vehicle could
reasonably try to pass along the passenger side of the car. Well, no
vehicle except a bicycle. And as we know, it's impossible for a bike to
do any damage to anything or anybody else (except for the occasions when
it does).

Would it be the cyclist's fault if the passenger opened the door into the cyclist's path?

That depends on the positions of the vehicles concerned.

Yawn, I really can't be bothered with the rest of your diatribe.

LOL

Liar!

No, I stopped reading at that point, experience told me you would find some way to blame the cyclist and it would take you '18 pages front and back' to say it.

What cyclist?

No idea, I stopped reading again.

Don't obfuscate. You have read the story from beginning to end and back
again. You know full well that it is about the actions of a passenger in
a motor vehicle and that no cyclist was involved on this occasion.

There is no connection between the incident and cycling except for the
fact that passengers and cyclists need the same level of training,
skill, observation and knowledge of traffic law, ie, none whatsoever.
ANd both categories frequently demonstrate that fact.

Knowing you it was all a cyclists fault, whatever happened.

What cyclist?

Old November 21st 18, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 21/11/2018 00:05, JNugent wrote:

Don't obfuscate.

When are you going to start?
Old November 21st 18, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 21/11/2018 08:41, TMS320 wrote:

On 21/11/2018 00:05, JNugent wrote:

Don't obfuscate.

When are you going to start?

Never.
Old November 21st 18, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

JNugent wrote:
[...]

Correct, I stopped behaving as an infant when I stopped being an infant more than 50 years ago.

[...]

Drivel snipped unread.

When 2500 philanthropist bike 545 miles past your front door, do youopen the door? velo Rides 0 May 22nd 12 12:20 AM
Avoid the door zone. Doug[_3_] UK 76 March 26th 10 09:45 AM
Door Zone Bike Lane Bill McAninch Recumbent Biking 2 November 30th 04 03:53 AM
RR: Twilight Zone SS bop Paladin Mountain Biking 3 September 1st 04 02:41 PM
Sierra Club Goes Door-to-Door Now?!? Sorni Mountain Biking 9 September 5th 03 12:57 AM