lain Cognito vs RX51 CFZ

Old May 17th 11, 06:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Doug[_3_]

Default lain Cognito vs RX51 CFZ

On May 16, 4:09*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Doug wrote:
On May 16, 7:23 am, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 16/05/2011 07:07, Doug wrote:

On May 16, 6:46 am, Tony wrote:
On 16/05/2011 05:51, Doug wrote:

On May 15, 8:56 am, Tony wrote:
On 15/05/2011 06:30, Doug wrote:

On May 14, 9:13 am, Tony
wrote:
On 14/05/2011 06:29, Doug wrote:

On May 13, 5:56 pm, Tony
wrote:
On 13/05/2011 17:32, Doug wrote:

On May 13, 4:09 pm,
wrote:
On May 13, 6:48 am, wrote:

On May 12, 8:40 am, Ian Jackson

wrote:
In message
,
writes

On May 11, 10:04 pm, lain
wrote:
Thanks for all your efforts Doug, had forgotten people
still use usenet!

Indeed, as stated, at around 20 to 8 on the night of
the 29th of April the driver of silver Seat RX51 CFZ
did commit both assault and battery on a cyclist right
in front of my eyes. This happened on the junction of
Shaftesbury Avenue and Charing Cross Road. David Lang
from Strood might wish to believe otherwise but he
wasn't there and I was, so technically speaking what I
say goes.

The perpetrator of these criminal offences could well
be a PCO licensed driver, if so passengers may be at
risk from him. Many minicabs are rented by drivers on
a weekly basis so drivers and plates don't always
match.

Just in case, here are the relevant photos again, this
time without the ones which Mr. Lang apparently found
so erotically charged (weirdo
alert!):http://www.flickr.com/photos/62706325@N03/

lain Cognito vs RX51CFZ

It has emerged on this newsgroup that some motorists
don't like having their numberplates photographed and
published. I regard this as somewhat suspicious and a
possible expression of guilt as their plates are
visible publicly anyway.

Anyway thanks for your input in connection with driver
attacks on Critical Mass riders. The more they are
reported and published on the internet the better. It
is much easier now that we all have mobile phones with
cameras. Maybe one day the police will pay attention to
this form of evidence instead of waiting for it to be
reported to them.

Why are all those cyclists blocking the box junction? I
thought that was against the law.

Then why is the car on the box junction?

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you communist Effing scum, dole
cheats”, said a taxi driver.- Hide quoted text -

Two posibilities
1 His was blocked by the cyclists.
2 He was 'corking'

The most obvious explanation was that he was too impatient
to be held up by a group of mere cyclists, who were corking
a junction, so he proceeded into the yellow box junction
and rammed them and then got our of his car and punched one
of the cyclisdts.

You mean cyclists who were illegally obstructing the
junction.

BTW, I forgot to ask. Do you condone the actions of the
driver, Tony?

I do not condone what this driver is accused off.

He wasn't accused of anything by police so do you still not
condone his actions.

So in your world the only people that accuse others are the
police,

Not true. I naturally assumed you would only mtake the word of the
police here and not that of the cyclists.

it's
funny that, because you seem to be accusing people of things all
the time.

Attempt at trying to twist my reply noted.

I stand by my answer.

Let me get this straight.

A driver rams Critical Mass and is accused by a witness of
committing assault and battery on a cyclist and you are not
blaming CM for this? Instead you do not condone the actions of
the driver? You do not argue that the driver was provoked and
that the provocation justifies his actions?

If the driver has been accused of committing assault& battery.
I do not condone committing assault& battery.

Oh so now the wriggle of assault and battery in general. Again, do
you condone the driver's actions?

I have made no comment about provocation.

But I am asking you for your opinion on this. You do have an opinion
don't you?

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist"

I standby what I posted, it is as simple as that, read into it what
you like, continue to twist if you like.

What you posted is indeed too simple and also evasive.

I asked, "Do you condone the actions of the driver, Tony?" and you
have failed to give a straightforward answer and you have refused to
discuss the matter further.

Doug.

How can anyone comment on the actions of the driver and others UNLESS they
witnessed them ?

By reading the written evidence of witnesses, available on the London
CM website.

Were there any credible, unbiased witnesses?

Where is there ever? The fact remains there are several witnesses who
outnumber and contradict the driver.

I can SEE cyclists deliberately obstructing the carriageway (which is an
offence)

Not necessarily when it is a procession. Besides, they have gathered
due to the confrontation with the violent driver. When a crash has
occurred traffic is supposed to wait.

The car is obstructing the highway and is stopped on a yellow box
illegally, instead of waiting behind the white line until the
procession has passed.

-- .
Old May 17th 11, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Tony Dragon

On 17/05/2011 06:55, Doug wrote:
On May 16, 4:09 pm, wrote:
Doug wrote:
On May 16, 7:23 am, Tony wrote:
On 16/05/2011 07:07, Doug wrote:

On May 16, 6:46 am, Tony wrote:
On 16/05/2011 05:51, Doug wrote:

On May 15, 8:56 am, Tony wrote:
On 15/05/2011 06:30, Doug wrote:

On May 14, 9:13 am, Tony
wrote:
On 14/05/2011 06:29, Doug wrote:

On May 13, 5:56 pm, Tony
wrote:
On 13/05/2011 17:32, Doug wrote:

On May 13, 4:09 pm,
wrote:
On May 13, 6:48 am, wrote:

On May 12, 8:40 am, Ian Jackson

wrote:
In message
,
writes

On May 11, 10:04 pm, lain
wrote:
[...]

And who owns & edits that website Doug?

Old May 17th 11, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Tony Dragon

On 17/05/2011 06:46, Doug wrote:
On May 16, 7:09 pm, Tony wrote:
On 16/05/2011 15:36, Doug wrote:

On May 16, 7:23 am, Tony wrote:
On 16/05/2011 07:07, Doug wrote:

On May 16, 6:46 am, Tony wrote:
On 16/05/2011 05:51, Doug wrote:

On May 15, 8:56 am, Tony wrote:
On 15/05/2011 06:30, Doug wrote:

On May 14, 9:13 am, Tony wrote:
On 14/05/2011 06:29, Doug wrote:

On May 13, 5:56 pm, Tony wrote:
On 13/05/2011 17:32, Doug wrote:

On May 13, 4:09 pm, wrote:
On May 13, 6:48 am, wrote:

On May 12, 8:40 am, Ian Jackson

wrote:
In message
,
writes

On May 11, 10:04 pm, lain wrote:
[...]

For a start you would not know a straightforward answer if it bit you on
your backside.

But I'll try for a last time.

If the driver did indeed do what he has been accused of, then I do not
condone his actions.

If he did not do what he has been accused of, then what is there to
condone?

So at last you have answered properly.

Doug.

Same answer as before, but put in a simpler way so you could not wriggle
with your comments.
Old May 17th 11, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Norman Wells[_10_]

Doug wrote:

Not necessarily when it is a procession. Besides, they have gathered
due to the confrontation with the violent driver. When a crash has
occurred traffic is supposed to wait.

The car is obstructing the highway and is stopped on a yellow box
illegally, instead of waiting behind the white line until the
procession has passed.

He doesn't have to. He's entitled to enter the yellow box if _his_ exit is
clear.

Old May 17th 11, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Jeff[_21_]

On 17/05/2011 09:27, Norman Wells wrote:
Doug wrote:

Not necessarily when it is a procession.

Please cite the law regarding this; there is no such exemption in The
Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions where box junction
regulations are promulgated.

Jeff

Old May 18th 11, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Doug[_3_]

Doug wrote:

Not necessarily when it is a procession.

Please cite the law regarding this; there is no such exemption in The
Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions where box junction
regulations are promulgated.

I am merely comparing with other sorts of processions which hold up
traffic too.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Drivers ram cyclists because they can and its easy to do.

Old May 18th 11, 06:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Adrian

Doug gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

I am merely comparing with other sorts of processions which hold up
traffic too.

Oh, well, if we're comparing Critical Mess with "other sorts of
processions", would you care to give one single example of another
procession where the organisers routinely deny their own existence and
refuse to cooperate with the police & local authorities?
Old May 18th 11, 07:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Doug[_3_]

On May 18, 6:41*am, Adrian wrote:
Doug gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

I am merely comparing with other sorts of processions which hold up
traffic too.

Oh, well, if we're comparing Critical Mess with "other sorts of
processions", would you care to give one single example of another
procession where the organisers routinely deny their own existence and
refuse to cooperate with the police & local authorities?

So why do you imagine such differences are relevant to holding up
traffic?

BTW, CM has no organisers and that is why they cannot co-operate as
such with the police. That said, I imagine CMers are well satisfied if
the police do their corking, aka traffic direction, for them, as
sometimes happens. It is a pity though that the cops are not more
active at punishing drivers who deliberately ram cyclists.

-- .
Old May 18th 11, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Jeff[_21_]

Doug wrote:

Not necessarily when it is a procession.

Please cite the law regarding this; there is no such exemption in The
Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions where box junction
regulations are promulgated.

I am merely comparing with other sorts of processions which hold up
traffic too.

So an entirely meaningless attempt to avert attention from the fact that
the cyclists were on the box illegally.

Jeff
Old May 18th 11, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Adrian

Doug gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

I am merely comparing with other sorts of processions which hold up
traffic too.

Oh, well, if we're comparing Critical Mess with "other sorts of
processions", would you care to give one single example of another
procession where the organisers routinely deny their own existence and
refuse to cooperate with the police & local authorities?

So why do you imagine such differences are relevant to holding up
traffic?

Did I say they were?

BTW, CM has no organisers

yawn