Seatpost squeak??

Old April 13th 05, 11:40 AM
hippy

Default Seatpost squeak??

Absent Husband wrote:
"Long term fix: become a fair-weather cyclist! "
snip
But that's no fun!!

Move to Melbourne.. we have all the fair weather! :P

hippy
- will eat his words tomorrow when it's 19degC..
Old April 13th 05, 01:47 PM
aeek

Michael Warner Wrote:
On 11 Apr 2005 17:09:21 -0700, Absent Husband wrote:

Anyways - wondering how to stop it. There is something
counter-intuitive about putting lube on a seatpost (won't it jus

slide
all the way down??). Any ideas on fixes would be appreciated!!

Grease up the seatpost clamp bolt. That's usually the problem
there for me.

Check that the seatpost hasn't broken your seat.
That was the source of my squeak, and rough ride

--
aeek

Old April 13th 05, 02:54 PM
Resound

"hippy" wrote in message
. ..
Absent Husband wrote:
"Long term fix: become a fair-weather cyclist! "
snip
But that's no fun!!

Move to Melbourne.. we have all the fair weather! :P

hippy
- will eat his words tomorrow when it's 19degC..

I live in hope. I really do prefer riding in the colder weather.

Old April 14th 05, 01:08 AM
Tamyka Bell

hippy wrote:

Absent Husband wrote:
"Long term fix: become a fair-weather cyclist! "
snip
But that's no fun!!

Move to Melbourne.. we have all the fair weather! :P

hippy
- will eat his words tomorrow when it's 19degC..

Absent Husband caught up with me today, as I walked across the road
(didn't trust the broken cleat on the uphill takeoff, and the bike shop
had issues, yes, they didn't call me to let me know they needed more
info, thanks guys)... I guess I'm easy to spot in my blue jersey on my
Learsport. He said something about being glad I'd stopped, because he
was trying to catch me. Logan Rd is like that, the lights just kill your
race plan. Anyway I can vouch for the fact that the squeaky seatpost is
genuine, and very, very squeaky. It was fun to have someone to chat to
and maybe another BLART is on the chart.

Tam
Old April 14th 05, 02:06 AM
TimC

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 at 13:54 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)

"hippy" wrote in message
. ..
Move to Melbourne.. we have all the fair weather! :P

hippy
- will eat his words tomorrow when it's 19degC..

I live in hope. I really do prefer riding in the colder weather.

When's winter fscking coming!? Oh, it's here... for a few days...

Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall
Old April 14th 05, 05:47 AM
Absent Husband

Thanks Tam - now maybe they'll take me seriously!! I spent ages shoving
bits of cheese down my seatpost before I realised...........

BTW - it was the bright yellow/orange Learsport that gave you away,
shooting along Logan Rd as I was riding up towards the Mitre 10 from
Creek Rd. I just missed following you through the traffic lights at the
Holland Park Fire Station, and so was ready to give up the chase (sorry
hippy - don't take that the wrong way!!) when I saw you walking across
the next intersection. Those cleats must be driving you crazy!!

And thanks for the tip for heading 'around the back' of Stones Corner -
definitely much safer/less stress. Think I'll head that way from now on
(although I miss the caffeine smells along the shopping strip that
way!).

Another BLART can't be far off.... Will post up a proposed date soon
and see if we can rally the BrisVegans!!

Cheers,
Absent Husband

Old April 14th 05, 07:39 AM
Tamyka Bell

Absent Husband wrote:

Thanks Tam - now maybe they'll take me seriously!! I spent ages shoving
bits of cheese down my seatpost before I realised...........

Tee hee... that's cute. I want a mouse in my bike frame. Hey, do you
reckon you could hitch a little running wheel inside for the critter to
add power to your pedals?

BTW - it was the bright yellow/orange Learsport that gave you away,
shooting along Logan Rd as I was riding up towards the Mitre 10 from
Creek Rd. I just missed following you through the traffic lights at the
Holland Park Fire Station, and so was ready to give up the chase (sorry
hippy - don't take that the wrong way!!) when I saw you walking across
the next intersection. Those cleats must be driving you crazy!!

They're not soooo bad. There's only about 3 hills that I can't take off
on. And I think it was my own fault for big gears, but I'm not taking
any chances...

And thanks for the tip for heading 'around the back' of Stones Corner -
definitely much safer/less stress. Think I'll head that way from now on
(although I miss the caffeine smells along the shopping strip that
way!).

snip

Coffee smells... Mmmmmm... just get an espresso machine in your office!
It was good to have the company.

Tam
Old April 14th 05, 02:02 PM
Resound

"TimC" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 at 13:54 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)

"hippy" wrote in message
. ..
Move to Melbourne.. we have all the fair weather! :P

hippy
- will eat his words tomorrow when it's 19degC..

I live in hope. I really do prefer riding in the colder weather.

When's winter fscking coming!? Oh, it's here... for a few days...

Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall

Yeppers. I got to drag out the "it's only rainwater...it washes off in the
shower" line today

Old April 14th 05, 04:01 PM
hippy

Absent Husband wrote:
I just missed following you through the traffic lights at the
Holland Park Fire Station, and so was ready to give up the chase (sorry
hippy - don't take that the wrong way!!)

I have two words for you..

:P :P

hippy