RR: [BNE] Murarrie Crits, D-grade, 16DEC2006.

Old December 21st 06, 04:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum

Default RR: [BNE] Murarrie Crits, D-grade, 16DEC2006.

monsterman Wrote:
He got busted at southbank with a parge packet of boiled sweets .. ..
..

Kids these days don't fall for the old boiled lollies. They want bling
for their arses.

--
LotteBum

Old December 21st 06, 06:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

LotteBum wrote:
monsterman Wrote:
He got busted at southbank with a parge packet of boiled sweets .. ..
..

Kids these days don't fall for the old boiled lollies. They want bling
for their arses.

--
LotteBum

I don't think old bike frames quite qualify as bling or lure. I would
be more likely to get mugged and chucked in the river. My kids are
quite sick of getting old bikes (except the latest hand-me-down).

Donga

Old December 21st 06, 07:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Paulie-AU

adam85 Wrote:
Paulie - I have two if you want to borrow one (one bare frame/fork) one
built bike.

Adam

Thanks for the offer Adam, but I would hate to crash/damage someone
else's frame. I am going to have to stick to the high intensity MTB
training.

It is actually working better than the road k's. I really need to ride
harder on the roadie I think.

Paul

--
Paulie-AU

Old December 21st 06, 07:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Paulie-AU

Rhino-x Wrote:
And if your tall, I have spare 58-60cm frames sitting somewhere....

Thanks but I am a bit shorter than that. 54cm frame for me . MTB
k's have been fun of late.

--
Paulie-AU

Old December 22nd 06, 12:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum

Duracell Bunny Wrote:
Brakes a bit too good for you, are they?
(ducks & runs. Fast.)

Actually, despite not one single negative experience with my v-brakes,
I've already had one with my disc brakes. I had a minor stack the
other week and moved the caliper ever so slightly, causing the brakes
to make a horrendous squealing noise much to other riders dismay.
Eventually someone stopped and fixed it for me.

So there. Definitly a downside. But I do like them. I feel a little
more in control of my braking these days.

That said, I think everyone should start mountain biking on a rigid
with centre pull brakes. People who start on disc braked 28 speed
beasts, are serious sissies.

HAR!

--
LotteBum

Old December 22nd 06, 01:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman

LotteBum Wrote:
That said, I think everyone should start mountain biking on a rigid with
centre pull brakes. People who start on disc braked 28 speed beasts, are
serious sissies.

HAR!

Where do they hide the extra gear? Is it a sekrit gear?

--
monsterman

Old December 22nd 06, 01:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

LotteBum Wrote:

That said, I think everyone should start mountain biking on a rigid
with centre pull brakes. People who start on disc braked 28 speed
beasts, are serious sissies.

HAR!I make no secret of it, I need all the help I can get, just to stay

upright on the MTB some days
Yep, I'm a serious sissy.

--
Duracell Bunny

Old December 22nd 06, 03:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

Paulie-AU wrote:
Rhino-x Wrote:
And if your tall, I have spare 58-60cm frames sitting somewhere....

Thanks but I am a bit shorter than that. 54cm frame for me . MTB
k's have been fun of late.

I'm a 54 dude, and I have two bikes...!

Tam