Trains

Old October 20th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

Default Trains

On Oct 20, 5:04*am, Bill C wrote:
On Oct 19, 12:01*pm, "Paul G." wrote:

(Looks to me like the election is over.)
-Paul

*I think you're right on that. In retrospect McCain never had a chance
other than an Obama meltdown which unlike Dukakis, Dean, Gary Hart,
etc...that wasn't going to happen.
*McCain never had, and wasn't going to get the support of the wingnuts
in the Republican party because he was, historically, too centrist/
willing to compromise, so he loaded up his campaign with Bush scum,
grabbed Palin to buy them off, and started throwing garbage around. He
got derailed for basically the same reason Hillary did. She has worked
and voted centrist/practical while in Congress to set up her election
run, and the Democrats want NO part of that either so Obama gets the
nod for them. There's no question he's WAY out in left field, but has
run a brilliant campaign claiming otherwise. His voting record makes
sure the far left is behind him, so he has the base locked in despite
their misgivings early on about him moving to the center. They don't
believe it either and are turning out in ,massive support, where the
Republican wingnuts don't believe McCain has joined them and aren't
showing up.
*I think the centrist talk, and campaign agenda last right until five
seconds after NcCain concedes then the revenge is on. I think he'll be
at least as ideological, and divisive as Bush is. His record says so.
At least he and his folks WILL be massively less corrupt.
*Greg can blame the CRA all he wants, but this crap is typical of
thecurrent Republican leadership and the clowns they've surrounded
themselves with.:

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...icleid=1126592

Mortgage giant’s ‘stealth lobbying’
Freddie woos GOP
By Associated Press
Monday, October 20, 2008 - Added 9h ago

It's just neverending, and I'm disgusted that Olympia Snowe was in on
it.
*Hopefully I'm wrong about where Obama's going to go in his first 100
days, but it's well past time for a pendulum swing back from the Bush
insanity. As someone said here "At least with an Obama Whitehouse and
Democratic Congress we have a better chance of getting prosecutions of
the Bush criminals". That by itself is almost enough reason to vote
for Obama despite everything else.
*This goes back to the election fraud stuff, and to tie it to cycling
my pounding on Wada and the UCI.
*Especially in a democracy,for it to work without chaos and viloence,
the system has to be transparent and honest enough for people to
respect it enough to not descend into anarchy. They have to be held to
a much higher standard. For 8 years we've been failing miserably, at
best.
*The first pillar is respect, and tolerance for the other people's
viewpoint and arguments, and that's totally gone from US society, both
sides and their flunkies want no part of that. Steve, TK, JT, and
Howard are prime examples, here, of the wider disease that's infected
our democracy. I thought you were in that group for quite a while, but
then took a closer look, and I believe you when you say that you are
an old school liberal. You just like to toss bombs from time to time,
as I do.
*We need more of you, Kurgan, D-y, Fred, etc...
*Now I'm just gonna hope that the folks screaming about Bush slashing
American freedoms and rights show up when Obama starts doing the same
thing to different ones, but I'm not betting on it.
*Either way, in spite of it all, if I was in a swing State where my
vote would matter, at this point, I'd have to vote Obama and fight his
policies afterwards. I can sure as hell wish we had a Parliamentary
style congress though where we could start actually including lots
more viewpoints and people in running the country instead of the two
party dictatorship we have now. Maybe we could actually get the
turnout up to the bottom of the percentages the Europeans and others
get, and people could actually vote FOR someone, rather than against.
*Bill C

I agree with most of that- I think McCain has done very well despite
being a Republican following the Bush admin, and Obama has done very
well despite being a relatively inexperienced black man. Obama is
leading because he is a very talented guy and Bush is a zero. Not my
first choice, btw, I preferred Hillary. I wanted to go back to the
90's- unprecedented prosperity and blow jobs for all. Ah, those were
the days. ;-))

We had "CHANGE" when Bush took office. Change is not the objective.
"Better" is the objective.

But back to Obama- he has put together a hell of a team. Part of it is
the sycophant thing, which makes me want to puke, but he's also lined
up some very smart and accomplished advisers, like Warren Buffet and
now Colin Powell. He's clearly got leadership skills, smarts, and I'm
impressed by his temperament.

It's one thing to get to the top because of your father's money and
connections, as Bush has. Same deal with McCain- he never would have
made it in the Navy if his father and grandfather weren't admirals,
and his money came from his wife, not because he worked for it. Obama
didn't get where he is because of an accident of birth, he got there
despite it, same thing with Bill Clinton. This is the best part of the
American way- the ability of people who are smart, talented and hard
working to rise to the top.

-Paul

Trains [email protected] Racing 904 October 10th 09 10:25 PM
Trains ST[_2_] Racing 18 October 18th 08 03:27 AM
Trains SLAVE of THE STATE Racing 4 October 15th 08 07:17 PM
Trains Bill C Racing 1 October 15th 08 11:07 AM
trains ray Australia 4 January 25th 08 08:06 AM