Michael Ball: Asshole Putz

Old January 13th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Michael Ball: Asshole Putz

http://velonews.com/article/86501/ba...nt-unfulfilled
Old January 13th 09, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jan 13, 11:34*am, wrote:
http://velonews.com/article/86501/ba...-racing-promis...

dumbass,

it sounds to me like rock racing operates the same as every small time
cycling team.
Old January 13th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Jan 13, 11:34 am, wrote:
http://velonews.com/article/86501/ba...-racing-promis...

dumbass,

it sounds to me like rock racing operates the same as every small time
cycling team.

What would be the proper verb for this sort of thing?

I like noble hosed. Cooke got noble hosed. Or maybe
he was horseteefed.

Bob Schwartz
Old January 13th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jan 13, 9:46 am, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Jan 13, 11:34 am, wrote:

http://velonews.com/article/86501/ba...-racing-promis...

dumbass,

it sounds to me like rock racing operates the same as every small time
cycling team.

True. And if cycling were not so damaged by the consequenses of past
doping scandals, riders of Baden Cooke's caliber would not be on the
phone negotiating contracts by themselves with the underlings of
Ball.
Doping has not killed cycling quickly. It's like the effect DDT had
on the eggs of Bald Eagles. A few years later and we'll all be asking
"wha happened?"

Old January 13th 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jan 13, 1:12*pm, wrote:

True. *And if cycling were not so damaged by the consequenses of past
doping scandals, riders of Baden Cooke's caliber would not be on the
phone negotiating contracts by themselves with the underlings of
Ball.
Doping has not killed cycling quickly. *It's like the effect DDT had
on the eggs of Bald Eagles. *A few years later and we'll all be asking
"wha happened?"

dumbass,

doping hasn't helped, but this state of affairs has existed all along
in cycling because of the lack of any real structure. there are dozens
of examples of teams that ailed to live up to promises made to riders
before doping became the huge deal it has become.

in this case though every souce including cooke states that he signed
the agreement, but it wasn't signed by the other party. but cooke
thinks he's owed the difference in pay even though there's no broken
contract.

i've never heard of this "pay the difference" concept. can i also get
a photocopy of the rock racing contract, sign it and fax it to ball
and he's obliged to pay me something even though i will be working for
someone else ?

Old January 13th 09, 10:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jan 13, 2:51 pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Jan 13, 1:12 pm, wrote:

[...]

Correct. Cooke should have moved onward. But due to bad economic
times (and doping aint helping) he probably had few options to fall
back upon. Even he characterized it as "trying to find a team".
Old January 13th 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Amit Ghosh" wrote in message

doping hasn't helped, but this state of affairs has existed all along
in cycling because of the lack of any real structure. there are dozens
of examples of teams that ailed to live up to promises made to riders
before doping became the huge deal it has become.

Perhaps people don't remember Jacques Anquetil bragged about using dope.
Dope has been a part of the Tour de France from its very inception and
pretending otherwise is silly.

Mind you, I don't want it in cycling and applaude efforts to get rid of it.
But let's not be so foolish to think that somehow the Tour de France is
going to end because some fan doesn't like drug taking.

Old January 13th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jan 13, 5:11*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Perhaps people don't remember Jacques Anquetil bragged about using dope.
Dope has been a part of the Tour de France from its very inception and
pretending otherwise is silly.

dumbass,

that's not what we're talking about. at that time it wasn't the PR
problem that it is now.
Old January 13th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Amit Ghosh" wrote in message
On Jan 13, 5:11 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Perhaps people don't remember Jacques Anquetil bragged about using dope.
Dope has been a part of the Tour de France from its very inception and
pretending otherwise is silly.

that's not what we're talking about. at that time it wasn't the PR
problem that it is now.

Try not to act so stupid. Doping has ALWAYS been a problem What's more, it's
been a PR problem since the late 50's. But then I don't expect people like
you to ever look any further back than the beginning of your own interest in
the sport.

Old January 13th 09, 10:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jan 13, 5:28*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Try not to act so stupid. Doping has ALWAYS been a problem What's more, it's
been a PR problem since the late 50's. But then I don't expect people like
you to ever look any further back than the beginning of your own interest in
the sport.

dumbass,

pick up an issue of Winning from the 80s or early 90s. there are
almost no doping stories. compare that to the last month of news
postings on cyclingnews or velonews.

prior to '98 the public and cycling press could be swayed to believe
that doping was the exception not the norm.

Michael Ball - quote from a jackass MagillaGorilla[_2_] Racing 4 January 4th 09 11:20 PM
Michael Ball interview on CycleTo caffetrieste Racing 1 August 27th 08 07:06 PM
Old enough for Rocks Michael Ball!! (yes! She is over 21!) ST Racing 4 May 8th 08 01:31 PM
Is Michael Ball renting out his podium girls? Carl Sundquist Racing 33 March 13th 08 12:01 AM
Michael Ball - Fastest Cyclist on the Circuit HC Racing 2 January 9th 08 12:05 PM