arthur's seat - distance and gradient?

Old March 12th 07, 02:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
RoadCyclist

Default arthur's seat - distance and gradient?

I riding buddy and I rode up Arthur's Seat (Mornington, Victoria) this
weekend for the first time ever and we are wondering how long is the climb,
bottom to the top, and what is the average and maximum gradient?

thanks

Old March 12th 07, 03:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_14_]

RoadCyclist Wrote:
I riding buddy and I rode up Arthur's Seat (Mornington, Victoria) this
weekend for the first time ever and we are wondering how long is the
climb,
bottom to the top, and what is the average and maximum gradient?

thanks

It's short and steep, that's for sure. Cycle2max has it at 3km long
with a gradient of 8%, and it hurts. I hit 204bpm last time I sprinted
up it - and I still couldn't break 10 minutes .

http://tinyurl.com/3y4bw5

--
SomeGuy

Old March 12th 07, 11:10 PM posted to aus.bicycle
pase[_2_]

SomeGuy Wrote:
It's short and steep, that's for sure. Cycle2max has it at 3km long with
a gradient of 8%, and it hurts. I hit 204bpm last time I sprinted up it
- and I still couldn't break 10 minutes .

http://tinyurl.com/3y4bw5

only 8%??? i cant even get a rythym in the saddle going up there

--
pase

Old March 18th 07, 11:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Unregistered[_2_]

RoadCyclist Wrote:
I riding buddy and I rode up Arthur's Seat (Mornington, Victoria) this
weekend for the first time ever and we are wondering how long is the
climb,
bottom to the top, and what is the average and maximum gradient?

thanks

Average gradient for the first 2300m is about 9%. The last 700 metres
lay back quite a bit and drag the average down. In the middle there's
about 800m averaging just over 10%.

--
Unregistered