Spring tension screw on brakes for Specialized Crossroads Elite

Old May 1st 05, 07:42 PM
Nig

Default Spring tension screw on brakes for Specialized Crossroads Elite

VHdvIG9mIHRoZSBzY3Jld3MgYXBwZWFyIHRvIGhhdmUgaGFyZG x5IGFueSB0aHJlYWQgYW5kIGhh
dmUgcG9wcGVkIG91dCwgdGhlcmVmb3JlIGkgY2Fubm90IGFkan VzdCB0aGUgdGVuc2lvbiBvbiB0
aGUgYnJha2VzLg0KDQpDYW4gSSBqdXN0IHJlcGxhY2UgdGhpcy BiaXQgb3IgZG8gaSBuZWVkIHRv
IHJlcGxhY2UgdGhlIHdob2xlIGJyYWtlIGFzc2VtYmx5Lg0KDQ pDaGVlcnMNCg0KTmlnZWw=

Old May 1st 05, 08:36 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 1 May 2005 19:42:58 +0100, "Nig"
wrote in message :

VHdvIG9mIHRoZSBzY3Jld3MgYXBwZWFyIHRvIGhhdmUgaGFyZ Gx5IGFueSB0aHJlYWQgYW5kIGhh
dmUgcG9wcGVkIG91dCwgdGhlcmVmb3JlIGkgY2Fubm90IGFka nVzdCB0aGUgdGVuc2lvbiBvbiB0
aGUgYnJha2VzLg0KDQpDYW4gSSBqdXN0IHJlcGxhY2UgdGhpc yBiaXQgb3IgZG8gaSBuZWVkIHRv
IHJlcGxhY2UgdGhlIHdob2xlIGJyYWtlIGFzc2VtYmx5Lg0KD QpDaGVlcnMNCg0KTmlnZWw=

Er, right.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old May 1st 05, 08:46 PM
wafflycat

wrote in message :

VHdvIG9mIHRoZSBzY3Jld3MgYXBwZWFyIHRvIGhhdmUgaGFy ZGx5IGFueSB0aHJlYWQgYW5kIGhh
dmUgcG9wcGVkIG91dCwgdGhlcmVmb3JlIGkgY2Fubm90IGFk anVzdCB0aGUgdGVuc2lvbiBvbiB0
aGUgYnJha2VzLg0KDQpDYW4gSSBqdXN0IHJlcGxhY2UgdGhp cyBiaXQgb3IgZG8gaSBuZWVkIHRv
IHJlcGxhY2UgdGhlIHdob2xlIGJyYWtlIGFzc2VtYmx5Lg0K DQpDaGVlcnMNCg0KTmlnZWw=

Er, right.

Guy

Got your newsreader language set to Venusian? Wot i got woz:-

"Two of the screws appear to have hardly any thread and have popped out,
therefore i cannot adjust the tension on the brakes.

Can I just replace this bit or do i need to replace the whole brake
assembly.

Cheers

Nigel"

Of course, I'm hoping it doesn't appear as Venusian this time ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old May 1st 05, 08:53 PM
Keith Willoughby

wrote in message :

VHdvIG9mIHRoZSBzY3Jld3MgYXBwZWFyIHRvIGhhdmUgaGFy ZGx5IGFueSB0aHJlYWQgYW5kIGhh
dmUgcG9wcGVkIG91dCwgdGhlcmVmb3JlIGkgY2Fubm90IGFk anVzdCB0aGUgdGVuc2lvbiBvbiB0
aGUgYnJha2VzLg0KDQpDYW4gSSBqdXN0IHJlcGxhY2UgdGhp cyBiaXQgb3IgZG8gaSBuZWVkIHRv
IHJlcGxhY2UgdGhlIHdob2xlIGJyYWtlIGFzc2VtYmx5Lg0K DQpDaGVlcnMNCg0KTmlnZWw=

Er, right.

Worked fine here.

"Just as I expected, the shopkeeper appeared"
Old May 1st 05, 09:05 PM
Tosspot

ROTFLMAO! Right, I'm off to bed cos I'm ****ed, g'night all.
Old May 2nd 05, 09:01 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 1 May 2005 20:46:28 +0100, "wafflycat"
wafflesATv21netDOTcoDOTuk wrote in message
:

Got your newsreader language set to Venusian?

No, text. Agent failed to decode it (and this is not supposed to be a
binary ng).

Guy

Old May 2nd 05, 09:30 AM
Call me Bob

On Mon, 02 May 2005 09:01:36 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

Got your newsreader language set to Venusian?

No, text. Agent failed to decode it (and this is not supposed to be a
binary ng).

I'm using Agent, and I saw the message just fine, in plain text.

--

"Bob"

Email address is spam trapped.
To reply directly remove the beverage.
Old May 2nd 05, 09:33 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 02 May 2005 08:30:08 GMT, Call me Bob
wrote in message
:

No, text. Agent failed to decode it (and this is not supposed to be a
binary ng).

I'm using Agent, and I saw the message just fine, in plain text.

I have it in paranoia mode :-)

Guy

Old May 2nd 05, 10:10 AM
Simon Brooke

in message , Nig
') wrote:

Two of the screws appear to have hardly any thread and have popped
out, therefore i cannot adjust the tension on the brakes.

Can I just replace this bit or do i need to replace the whole brake
assembly.

There are a couple of screws you might be talking about. On a V brake
there there is one such screw on each brake arm. In practice you can
set the brake up perfectly satisfactorily without these, simply by
bending the brake springs themselves, although replacing the brake
would be a better option (V brakes are not very expensive).

The other screw is in the brake lever and adjusts the reach - very
important for bikes used by children, as it's important that they can
reach the brakes. If the rider of the bike cannot conveniently reach
the levers, replace the lever assembly.

Due to financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel
has been switched off.

Old May 3rd 05, 08:19 AM
Tony Raven

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I have it in paranoia mode :-)

You haven't got newsreaders making coded comments about you on TV for
MI5 have you?

--
Tony

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)

Disc brakes squeal due to loose pads? Michael Press Techniques 64 June 24th 04 02:45 PM
brakes Peter Cremasco Australia 32 February 27th 04 01:10 AM
Coker wheel rubbing on brakes TonyMelton Unicycling 17 November 24th 03 06:32 PM
Centerpull brakes Gary Young Techniques 77 November 20th 03 11:49 AM
(Un)even spoke tension Ted Bennett Techniques 2 July 17th 03 12:33 PM