Blue railway signals?

Old December 18th 18, 01:16 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Brit Alert!

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 23:25:46 +0000, Steve ******, the notorious
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered again:

You were worrect in the first place, as it was a number of years after

You sure got a knack for sucking off any troll, Steve ******! BG
Old December 18th 18, 01:18 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Dave W[_3_]

Default Blue railway signals?

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 20:52:27 -0000, "Kristy Ogilvie"
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 20:36:18 -0000, Dave W wrote:

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 21:38:15 -0000, "Kristy Ogilvie"
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 19:54:44 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Snip
Wrong, as always.

I suggested only morons would choose the wrong way, and you added ******s to that list.

I have kill-filed Rod Speed, with his perpetual "Wrong, as always". I
implore you not to feed the trolls, so as not to subject us to pages
of bickering which you will never win.

If you killfile properly, you won't see replies to him either. Very easy to put "if body contains" "Rod Speed".

Don't expect everyone else to killfile the same people as you do.

I would like to use 'if body contains', but the Free Agent newsreader
I'm using doesn't have that facility.
--
Dave W

Old December 18th 18, 01:36 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 00:15:03 +0000, Dave W, another mentally deficient
troll-feeding senile idiot blathered:

and a straight ahead lane. Are you truly saying that when when the
straight ahead light goes green and you drive out, the main road
lights are also green?

Who gives a **** what the filthy troll says other than a senile sucker of
troll cock?
Old December 18th 18, 01:37 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 00:18:12 +0000, Dave W, another mentally deficient
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

I would like to use 'if body contains', but the Free Agent newsreader
I'm using doesn't have that facility.

IDIOT! LOL
Old December 18th 18, 01:48 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
William Gothberg

wrote:

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 19:54:44 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Snip
Wrong, as always.

I suggested only morons would choose the wrong way, and you added ******s to that list.

I have kill-filed Rod Speed, with his perpetual "Wrong, as always". I
implore you not to feed the trolls, so as not to subject us to pages
of bickering which you will never win.

If you killfile properly, you won't see replies to him either. Very easy to put "if body contains" "Rod Speed".

Don't expect everyone else to killfile the same people as you do.

I would like to use 'if body contains', but the Free Agent newsreader
I'm using doesn't have that facility.

Wow, what century was it written? I've used the full Agent before (which I assume has the same filters), and the filters were quite detailed. You do have to almost use a programming language to operate them though.
Old December 18th 18, 01:51 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
William Gothberg

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 00:15:03 -0000, Dave W wrote:

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 23:12:48 -0000, "Kristy Ogilvie"
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 22:42:21 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
news On 16/12/2018 19:49, Rod Speed wrote:

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 12:37:49 -0000, newshound
wrote:

On 14/12/2018 18:22, Fred Johnson wrote:
People with colour blindness shouldn't drive trains (or cars for that
matter).

And it's not very many, in fact I know of only one person who's
colourblind.

You may not know *of* many but I bet you know quite a lot. It's about
8%
of men, although many of them do not realise that, or discover it until
tested later in life.

I think you'd notice when you saw all the traffic light bulbs looking
identical. You're not safe to drive if you can't tell red from green.

Very few are that colorblind and those who are
just use the position of the light, not the color.
Dunno how they go with those colored arrows
that are now so common to indicate when you
can turn at the more complex intersections tho.

Cant find a proper photo of ours and too lazy to
go there and take a photo, but we have some
where there is a normal column of 3 lights and
one arrow off to the side which changes color
to indicate when you are free to turn there.

Ours doesn't change colour. We have the normal three lights and maybe an
arrow at one side (sometimes both sides). If the main green is lit, but
not the turn arrow, you can turn anyway, but must give-way to oncoming
traffic. If the arrow is lit, oncoming traffic will be facing a red. There
is no need for any other colour arrows.

Where the turn lane is separated from the straight on lanes, two full sets
of three lights side by side are used.

One of our complicated intersections has the arrow either green or red.
Its red when the cross traffic has been allowed to make the turn into
that vertical of the T and so a turn from the other top bar of the T
isnt allowed because that would mean you have to give way at times.
In other words the lights don't require you to ever give way, the
arrow only shows green when there is never any conflicting traffic.

That would work well here, as a lot of drivers don't seem to understand that you have to give way on a green. For example there's a crossroads here I've shown befo
https://goo.gl/maps/8XGD49FnQPr
Drivers on the opposite side turning right have to give way to a car coming from this side going straight ahead, but they see the green light and just go. I drove straight towards one of those loonies the other week and blasted my horn. He swerved out of my way and ended up looking very embarrassed on the wrong side of the main road (about where the small silver car is in the photo, but facing the other way) right in front of the queue of traffic which shortly wanted to go forwards. He got stranded in the middle of the junction for some time while I stopped and laughed at his predicament.

Another complex intersection has a railway shunting line right
across it right at the lights. That one has an arrow that changes
color too and it stops or allows traffic to cut across the oncoming
traffic when turning. Its also a single arrow that changes color.

There's something wrong when we let trains have priority over cars. They need to get decent brakes.

I can't understand your Streetview link. The view is coming out of the
Aldi car park, and there is a turn left lane with a turn left arrow,
and a straight ahead lane. Are you truly saying that when when the
straight ahead light goes green and you drive out, the main road
lights are also green?

No, the lights opposite each other operate together. So when I come out of Aldi, the opposite entrance (from Asda) is also green. The main road has stopped on red, but someone coming out of Asda and turning right has to give way to me going from Aldi to Asda. A lot of drivers think green means they can go anywhere, when in fact they still have to give way when turning right. The same occurs with the main road, but nobody seems to make that mistake as they're sat in a filter lane.
Old December 18th 18, 07:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
William Gothberg

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 01:10:52 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 15:39:40 -0000, Steve Walker
wrote:

wrote:

On 14/12/2018 18:22, Fred Johnson wrote:
People with colour blindness shouldn't drive trains (or cars for that
matter).

And it's not very many, in fact I know of only one person who's
colourblind.

You may not know *of* many but I bet you know quite a lot. It's about
8%
of men, although many of them do not realise that, or discover it
until
tested later in life.

I think you'd notice when you saw all the traffic light bulbs looking
identical. You're not safe to drive if you can't tell red from green.

I suspect they don't look *identical*, just not as distinct as to
someone with normal colour vision. They would use the position to
confirm which is which.

Correct. Which is why colour-blindness is not even notifiable to the
DVLA. Driving a train is of course totally different as braking needs to
be commenced way earlier and the position of the light cannot be
determined at that point.

I'm not colour blind, and I don't look directly at the traffic lights. I
see red or green out of the corner of my eye and act accordingly. If they
suddenly became the same or very similar colours,

That isnt what happens with most colorblind people.

And its never suddenly with any of them, they are born with it.

I'd make mistakes regularly.

Yes, some colorblind people do, but its normally only
with trivial stuff like not being able to pick matching
sox or less frequently wearing contrasting colors that
don't really go together that only normally sighted
people notice.

Are you saying a colour blind person already knows to look carefully at
things?

The microscopic subset of people that can't distinguish
between red and green do if fact use which of the
column of lights is lit instead of the color.

Which means they aren't paying as much attention to the rest of the road in front of them as properly sighted folk do.
Old December 18th 18, 07:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
William Gothberg

wrote:

[...]

I can't think of where else colour and position are that important.

The most obvious is with signalling to aircraft
in the days before radio communication was
used. They used red or green light to indicate
whether you were allowed to land or not
depending on what else was using the runway.

the radio was invented first so that's just stupid ,
and what did they do in the day time , yell out the plane window ,
what a freakin jerk nosed pig footed ear grabbing habit face

Was that supposed to be English?
Old December 18th 18, 08:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Dave W[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Ah, now I understand. I thought you meant you drove at a car turning
right from the main road, not a car turning right from the road
opposite.
--
Dave W
Old December 18th 18, 09:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 19:35:33 +0000, Dave W, another mentally deficient
troll-feeding senile idiot blathered:

Ah, now I understand.

No, you don't! You are troll bait, senile asshole!

Hand signals from car Tough Guy no. 1265 UK 87 October 25th 15 04:17 PM
Hand signals? Squashme UK 27 May 23rd 13 11:58 AM
Invicta Men's Chronograph Blue Leather Blue Dial Watch 3314 [email protected] UK 0 April 3rd 08 04:17 AM
Hand signals Bean Long Australia 3 December 9th 05 02:31 PM
Hand signals Arpit Australia 52 September 14th 03 06:05 AM