The coronavirus and cycling

Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default The coronavirus and cycling

On 16:52 31 Mar 2020, TMS320 said:

On 31/03/2020 15:17, Pamela wrote:
On 13:21 31 Mar 2020, TMS320 said:
On 31/03/2020 13:12, Pamela wrote:
On 12:40 31 Mar 2020, TMS320 said:
On 31/03/2020 12:25, Pamela wrote:
On 22:17 30 Mar 2020, TMS320 said:
On 30/03/2020 16:46, Pamela wrote:
On 21:18 29 Mar 2020, TMS320 said:
On 29/03/2020 20:46, Pamela wrote:
On 17:47 29 Mar 2020, Simon Mason said:

The more your car pollutes, the more your VED
costs. Sounds like a pollution tax to me.

Correlation is not causality.

We're dicussing the actions of bureacrats, not
science.

We're not discussing science nor the actions of
bureaucrats...

If VED is not a bureacratic creation, what is it?

Exactly how does your tangential observation prove Simon's
false correlation when he says

"The more your car pollutes, the more your VED costs. Sounds
like a pollution tax to me".

Explain your contribution clearly please.

If you are going to persist, first answer the question - "If
VED is not a bureacratic creation, what is it?"

Second, stop using expressions like "correlation" and
"causality" on something dreamt up by politicians/bureaucrats
and then, if you disagree with Simon, let's hear your opinion
about why you think the tax was set in the way the was.

It is a tax on motorists who use the public highway, silly. It
seems simple enough:

Vehicle Excise Duty (also known as vehicle tax, car tax or road
tax ...) is an annual tax levied as an excise duty and which must
be paid for most types of vehicles which are to be driven (or
parked) on public roads in the United Kingdom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Excise_Duty

Are you saying it's something else?

What I am saying is clearly written further up the page.

I have answered your questions fully and courteously.

I asked one simple question and you didn't answer it. Here's a reminder
- If VED is not a bureacratic creation, what is it?

I have given you a full definition of VED. Cutely trying to define by
only one of its characteristics serves to make you look like an idiot.

You acted the yappy little dog by tring to challenge a perfectly
reasonable rebuttal and are now mired in trying your pathetic best to
wriggle out of your stupid comments.

Your failure to give a sensible answer is noted. Now move on.

I responded to your silly (in context) statement "correlation is not
causality" statement. Then you asked me to explain a subject Simon
raised. I am not telepathic.

You are scarcely fully sentient.
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/04/2020 14:39, Pamela wrote:
[...]

Your "rebuttal" was your cause and correlation nonsense. The 'cause' of
laws and taxes is that politicians and their minions have the bright
idea that something must be done.

Then you merely copied and pasted of the official statement, which does
not give any explanation for setting different levels.

Your failure to give a sensible answer is noted. Now move on.

I responded to your silly (in context) statement "correlation is not
causality" statement. Then you asked me to explain a subject Simon
raised. I am not telepathic.

You are scarcely fully sentient.

At least 'scarcely' is infinitely greater than none at all.
Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 16:35 1 Apr 2020, TMS320 said:

[...]

reminder - If VED is not a bureacratic creation, what is it?

[...]

Yup, definitely juvenile. Now stop stalking me.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/04/2020 23:05, Pamela wrote:
[...]

Previously, I thought you were Nugent's sister. My sincere apologies to
Nugent.