Gang of cyclists fail to ride down a hill.

Old October 10th 13, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Gang of cyclists fail to ride down a hill.

Brakes? Stopping distances? Appropriate speed? What are these things?

A PAIR of cyclists were taken to hospital after colliding with each
other down a steep hill near Alcester.

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/20...ash-86417.html
Old October 10th 13, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:37:28 +0100, Mrcheerful
wrote:

Brakes? Stopping distances? Appropriate speed? What are these things?

A PAIR of cyclists were taken to hospital after colliding with each
other down a steep hill near Alcester.

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/20...ash-86417.html

What I find amazing is the fact that two cyclists colliding is so rare
that when it happens it makes headline news in local papers.

What proportion of motor vehicle crashes make the headlines?
Old October 10th 13, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

Brakes? Stopping distances? Appropriate speed? What are these things?

A PAIR of cyclists were taken to hospital after colliding with each
other down a steep hill near Alcester.

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/20...ash-86417.html

What I find amazing is the fact that two cyclists colliding is so rare
that when it happens it makes headline news in local papers.

No, no, no...

The real newsworthy aspect is that not only one, but both, cyclists,
were badly injured.

After all, we are constantly reassured, here and elsewhere, that cycling
poses no threat of physical to anybody.
Old October 10th 13, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

Brakes? Stopping distances? Appropriate speed? What are these things?

A PAIR of cyclists were taken to hospital after colliding with each
other down a steep hill near Alcester.

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/20...ash-86417.html

What I find amazing is the fact that two cyclists colliding is so rare
that when it happens it makes headline news in local papers.

No, no, no...

The real newsworthy aspect is that not only one, but both, cyclists,
were badly injured.

OK, how about I rephrase (including the bit you snipped):
What I find amazing is the fact that two cyclists being injured is so
rare that when it happens it makes headline news in local papers.

What proportion of motor vehicle crashes where two or more people are
injured makes the headlines?

After all, we are constantly reassured, here and elsewhere, that cycling
poses no threat of physical to anybody.

Really - where? A message ID will suffice (if your newsreader can
provide them).

But perhaps they are reported.
Google search for "2 injured in car crash" returns 72 results.
Google search for "2 injured in bicycle crash" returns no results.
Old October 10th 13, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

Really - where? A message ID will suffice (if your newsreader can
provide them).

But perhaps they are reported.
Google search for "2 injured in car crash" returns 72 results.
Google search for "2 injured in bicycle crash" returns no results.

Because the victim of a cyclist's recklessness or violence tends to be the
only one left at the scene. It's hard to estimate a cyclists' injuries after
he's pedalled off and hidden.

Old October 10th 13, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

wrote:

[...]

perhaps your search terms are not correct, I have reported this one and
the one about the head-on in Cambridge just days ago, I am surprised you
haven't noticed them. both had two seriously injured cyclists with no
motor vehicles or street furniture involved at all.
plus this one:
http://www.thecomet.net/news/cyclist...ford_1_2852799

Old October 10th 13, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

It is a result which can be independently verified.
Old October 10th 13, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

wrote:

[...]

but as you can see it does not fit with facts.
Old October 11th 13, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_12_]

wrote:

Brakes? Stopping distances? Appropriate speed? What are these things?

A PAIR of cyclists were taken to hospital after colliding with each
other down a steep hill near Alcester.

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/20...ash-86417.html

What I find amazing is the fact that two cyclists colliding is so rare
that when it happens it makes headline news in local papers.

No, no, no...

The real newsworthy aspect is that not only one, but both, cyclists,
were badly injured.

After all, we are constantly reassured, here and elsewhere, that cycling
poses no threat of physical to anybody.

Who as ever said that, you piece of sh*t?

Old October 11th 13, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_12_]

On 10/10/2013 09:37, Mrcheerful wrote:
Brakes? Stopping distances? Appropriate speed? What are these things?

A PAIR of cyclists were taken to hospital after colliding with each
other down a steep hill near Alcester.

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/20...ash-86417.html

I don't think that ever, in my experience at least, two people could be
described as a 'gang'.

By the way, did you get off on the idea of two cyclists who are the
children of somebody, possibly parents or grandparents, being badly
hurt. Did it make your tiny male appendage grow in your pants?