Taxi driver deliberately runs cyclist off the road

Old December 10th 15, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Taxi driver deliberately runs cyclist off the road

Idiot driver 0 Compocam 1.

QUOTE:
In captions towards the end of the video, Son of the Winds says the incident occurred about a year ago. "I waited 3 months after the attempted assault [for] a decision to prosecute," he said.

"it was decided that it would be best for the driver to undergo [a] Driver Safety course offered by the police.

"The taxi driver refused to attend. The police called to advise they will now press charges of driving without due care.

"A hearing followed where the driver pleaded not guilty.

"9 months later I attended court for trial as a witness.

"The driver foolishly defended himself - and the verdict?

"Guilty.

"He received 6 points on his licence and £700 in fines and court costs."

http://road.cc/content/news/172911-v...s-cyclist-road
Old December 10th 15, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 10/12/2015 14:20, Alycidon wrote:
Idiot driver 0 Compocam 1.

QUOTE:
In captions towards the end of the video, Son of the Winds says the incident occurred about a year ago. "I waited 3 months after the attempted assault [for] a decision to prosecute," he said.

"it was decided that it would be best for the driver to undergo [a] Driver Safety course offered by the police.

"The taxi driver refused to attend. The police called to advise they will now press charges of driving without due care.

"A hearing followed where the driver pleaded not guilty.

"9 months later I attended court for trial as a witness.

"The driver foolishly defended himself - and the verdict?

"Guilty.

"He received 6 points on his licence and £700 in fines and court costs."

http://road.cc/content/news/172911-v...s-cyclist-road

I wouldn't be too sure about door mirrors.

In my experience it can be both brakes and breaks.

£700 seems remarkably lenient. I would have hoped for a driving ban at
the very least.
Old December 10th 15, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hume

Alycidon writes:

"He received 6 points on his licence and £700 in fines and court costs."

Attacking someone with a lethal weapon? That's attempted murder and GBH.

I don't know how he can cycle with all that loud music going on anyway.

Old December 10th 15, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Thursday, 10 December 2015 14:29:15 UTC, David Hume wrote:
Alycidon writes:

"He received 6 points on his licence and £700 in fines and court costs."

Attacking someone with a lethal weapon? That's attempted murder and GBH.

I don't know how he can cycle with all that loud music going on anyway.

Due care was a joke - at least this idiot got done for dangerous driving.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...ington-cyclist

Old December 10th 15, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

On 10/12/2015 14:20, Alycidon wrote:
Idiot driver 0 Compocam 1.

QUOTE: In captions towards the end of the video, Son of the Winds
says the incident occurred about a year ago. "I waited 3 months after
the attempted assault [for] a decision to prosecute," he said.

"before making two close overtakes before hitting the breaks,

"Breaks"??

--
Dave
Dedicated to finding a cure for cycling.
Old December 10th 15, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

On 10/12/2015 14:29, David Hume wrote:
Alycidon writes:

"He received 6 points on his licence and £700 in fines and court costs."

Attacking someone with a lethal weapon?

No, halfwit.

That's attempted murder and GBH.

Not according to the court, halfwit.

I don't know how he can cycle with all that loud music going on anyway.

Plenty of room inside an empty head.

Old December 10th 15, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 2:20:05 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
Idiot driver 0 Compocam 1.

QUOTE:
In captions towards the end of the video, Son of the Winds says the incident occurred about a year ago. "I waited 3 months after the attempted assault [for] a decision to prosecute," he said.

"it was decided that it would be best for the driver to undergo [a] Driver Safety course offered by the police.

"The taxi driver refused to attend. The police called to advise they will now press charges of driving without due care.

"A hearing followed where the driver pleaded not guilty.

"9 months later I attended court for trial as a witness.

"The driver foolishly defended himself - and the verdict?

"Guilty.

"He received 6 points on his licence and £700 in fines and court costs."

http://road.cc/content/news/172911-v...s-cyclist-road

Definitely Assault with a Deadly Weapon and ABH.
2 years jail and 20 year ban.

The problem is if this went to a jury full of Daves who will ignore the law and their jurors oath and let
their prejudices rule then this conviction is a good result.

Old December 10th 15, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

Not according to the court. Only according to cycling ****wits.

The problem is if this went to a jury full of Daves who will ignore the law and their jurors oath and let
their prejudices rule then this conviction is a good result.

Happens all the time, juries ignoring the law and their oath. Not.

I'd have let him off.

Old December 10th 15, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 8:32:40 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:

Not according to the court.

The CPS decide the charge.

Happens all the time, juries ignoring the law and their oath. Not.

I'd have let him off.

Precisely my point.
Old December 10th 15, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

On 10/12/2015 20:42, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 8:32:40 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:

Not according to the court.

The CPS decide the charge.

OK. Not according to the CPS. They both know the law better that idiot
cyclists.

Happens all the time, juries ignoring the law and their oath. Not.

I'd have let him off.

Precisely my point.

I'm just a man on the Clapham omnibus.