Thief stole bike used in cyclist’s funeral procession from outside the church

Old February 19th 20, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Thief stole bike used in cyclist’s funeral procession from outside the church

SCUM.
QUOTE:
A heartless thief stole a bike that was being used during a cyclist’s funeral procession from a church as mourners paid their respects inside. Daniel Burgess’ coffin was flanked by eight of his closest friends as he made his final poignant journey around Bournemouth, Dorset, last Friday.

After the procession ended, they left their bikes outside Corpus Christi Church and went inside. But they were shocked to discover one of the bikes was snatched during the 90 minute service. The NHS worker’s distraught widow Amy Burgess, a neonatal nurse, is now asking for anyone with information on the bike’s whereabouts to come forward.

She said: ‘The bike was stolen from outside Corpus Christi church, on Friday at some point between 12pm and 1.30pm during my husband’s funeral. ‘It is our friend’s bike and was one of eight used to ride alongside the hearse on the final part of the journey to the church.

There was only room for four of the bikes inside so the other four were rested up outside. ‘There were people out there the whole time, except when the funeral staff had to come in to carry the coffin out. ‘That is when it must have been taken so it could be that someone was watching to see when they were left unattended. ‘I am so angry that someone would take this knowing there was a funeral going on inside. It’s a very low thing to do.’

Read mo https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/18/thief...4/?ito=cbshare

Read mo https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/18/thief...4/?ito=cbshare