Who makes RBT slimy underfoot by drooling at their own viciousness?

Old March 31st 20, 06:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Who makes RBT slimy underfoot by drooling at their own viciousness?

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 7:03:19 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 10:00:34 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 7:21:07 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 7:02:05 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, 29 March 2020 21:43:27 UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 3/29/2020 9:25 PM, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 17:18:02 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Sunday, 29 March 2020 20:02:22 UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 3/29/2020 2:15 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 10:13:10 PM UTC-7, AnotherJim wrote:
On Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 7:07:19 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:43:58 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 2:13:05 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Incredibly, in a thread headlined "Who makes RBT slimy underfoot by drooling at their own viciousness?" John B. Slocomb is rolling around in his own vicious drool:

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 10:43:29 PM UTC, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 09:55:32 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Now it is your memory that is failing you.

No Tommy, it isn't. It is just you telling lies again.

I'm still a bit undecided just why you tell lies. Whether it is simply
because you are ignorant? Or maybe, like your lord and master, the guy
with the blond comb-over, you lie to inflate your ego, or perhaps is
just the "crazy pills" that you take.

But for whatever reason you lie!
--
cheers,

John B.

Not only that but he actually thinks that I would read more than a sentence out of his bull****. Normally I don't read him at all except for the stuff that people have quoted. He doesn't even know that the military had changed to the .308 when newer forms of faster burning (more powerful) powder were developed. He just keeps getting into it deeper and deeper. A 30-06 has a bullet diameter of .308".

Goodness Gracious! Are you really sure? Can it be?

But of course the 30-06 has a bullet diameter of .308 inches... But
then, the 20-40 Krag, which is properly called the ".30 Army" used a
.308 bullet. Adopted by the U.S. Army in 1894, the first cartridge
adopted by the US Army that was specifically designed for smokeless
powder.

Then we have the M1A1 carbine that had a .308 bullet diameter, and
the 30-30, once a common "deer rifle", and the .300 Savage, which my
father preferred, and the .300 Remington Magnum and the 300 Remington
Short Action Magnum, and the 300 Weatherby Magnum, and, and, and.

There are at least 20 different cartridges that all use a ..308" bullet
diameter.

You ignorant oaf.
--
cheers,

John B.

I've read through this whole name-calling exchange and there's at least one thing I don't understand: what is RBT?

What you have unfortunately witnessed in this group is the fact that those that know bicycle mechanics generally have few questions about it and most of those who don't know bicycle technology prefer to turn this group into a garbage pit of their opinions.

:-) That was posted by the guy who required a dozen posts and maybe two
weeks to install a bottom bracket. And I won't even try to recall all
his confusion about Di2!

--
- Frank Krygowski

LOL! talks about the pot calling the kettle black!

Cheers

What! Frank has switched to electric shifting?
(what is the world coming to?)

I don't know what Sir is mis-remembering. Yes, I did two bottom brackets
last week. No, unlike Tom, I didn't require repeated questions here to
figure out how to do the job. I did the job, then mentioned it afterward.

So far, I've had absolutely zero problems with Di2. I have a foolproof
method for avoiding Di2 problems! ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

I'm not mis-remembering anything. I was referring to Tom not you.

Cheers

That must be because you're a complete Di2 genius and knew from the first that there are three or four different versions of the external battery mount that all look exactly the same but are not interchangeable.

There is certainly something really wrong with people that do not have any answers but belittle others who also don't. Until I went to a bike shop that knew exactly where to get the Shimano interchangeability parts list none of you jackasses knew anything of value.

Why don't you tell us what the difference is between the Shimano 7970 and the 9070?

Dude, don't make out like you're some genius. What has it been, a month that you've been struggling with assembling your Di2? Have you even got it working yet? Frank -- or any reasonably competent person -- could buy a Di2 component group and install it in a morning -- O.K., maybe longer for wire routing. It's not rocket science. You make it hard by buying a lot of mismatched crap second hand without checking compatibility before buying it. It's like shooting yourself in the leg and then congratulating yourself on being an expert in wound management.

And who cares about the f****** product numbers. You just look them up on Google or the Shimano site.

-- Jay Beattie.

Jay, all it would have taken is for someone here to even KNOW that there are different series of components and they are not interchangeable and that there were interchangeability charts on the Shimano site if you know where to look. But none of you nitwits knew that but had plenty of useless advice on how stupid I am.

Don't blame us. All we do is talk about different iterations of Shimano equipment all the way back to the '70s.

Half your technical posts -- as sparse as they may be -- involve impossible fact patterns, like your bottom bracket on a standard Redline Conquest being something other than 68mm or some other down-a-rabbit hole problem. And then you rant and sputter and pretend to be all knowing when someone corrects an obvious mistake. Why bother?

I have been riding the bike for a month in case you missed it. Unlike you I do my own work, I my own mistakes and I do not try to tell you that you weren't hit in the head by a tree branch in the bike lane as your stupid alter ego did.

WTF, unlike me, you do your own work? I could have removed and reinstalled my UDi2 ten times before you got your system in. I've been building my own wheels since 1976, cut the tubes for my steel frames and did the finish work, but not the brazing -- although I did re-braze a couple of broken frames. The only thing I haven't done on my bikes is carbon repair, preferring to leave that to experts -- conveniently located a few miles from my house. https://ruckuscomp.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ... AEgLA5fD_BwE

I dragged my Di2 RD cable into the cassette during a vigorous wash in the wash stand and soldered the wires back together, although I now have a replacement segment. I've managed to keep my Di2 running, no fuss no muss.

That one thing alone shows a level of mindlessness inconceivable to normal people

Not normal people on this NG. Yes, there are many tasks on a modern bike that require new skills, like programming Di2 either with eTube or on the bike. I still have to follow the Shimano instructions for setting trim and decipher the flashing lights, but it doesn't take super-intelligence. It's like fifteen minutes of watching YouTube posts. You do have to pay attention to generational changes and not buy things willy-nilly thinking they're going to work. Carbon paste is a necessity, but you have to know where to use that, too -- along with ordinary lubricants and anti-seize.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old March 31st 20, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Why are you posting? You just show you know almost nothing about what you're talking about and you think that your source of valuable information is youTube rather than Shimano website.

If there is one thing that is really significant to Di2 it is your ability to sand the ends of cut steel tubes.
Old March 31st 20, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

You miter them with a file, actually (assuming no mill) -- and any time you want, I will race you with the disassembly and assembly of a modern Di2 bike -- and any crank/BB type, because I have all the tools, BB30,86,90,PF30, ISIS (Truvativ, FSA tools), Octalink, Shimano outboard (new and old cup standards), Praxisworks cup tools, loose bearing (Campy tools) and even Phil Wood. What a spectacular waste of money! I'm going to start a road-side museum of historical BB tools.

If you're so smart, what is the SKU number for that little internal cable guide in the non-series RS685 shift levers (left). Ha! I knew you wouldn't know. Ka-cha! I own two of them, making me the winner.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old April 1st 20, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

How about I introduce you to any one of several builders that will say that you only need to clean the saw cuts with emery cloth?

You will "race" me with assembly of Di2??? Again, there is a missing cog in your cassette.
Old April 1st 20, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Saw cut? WTH? What saw does this?
http://www.yellowjersey.org/gth8.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 1st 20, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

I guess TK never went to a mechanics race. I doubt they even do those anymore.

Saw cut? WTH? What saw does this?
http://www.yellowjersey.org/gth8.jpg

Answer, none. Tom knows some unique frame builders. Maybe they use chainsaws. https://tinyurl.com/tvv7ran (Reedsport Ory-gun).

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 1st 20, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Andrew, you know very well that most frame builders pushed straight ended tubes in until they are against the head tube slightly and then brazed them. The stuff you showed (mandrel cut in a mill) usually is very fine workmanship that is normally silver soldered high strength steel which is triple butted.

While I admit that there are so few mass manufactured steel frames anymore it would be hard to find examples of this, that used to be the way. I did go through a machinist school back in high school where they classified me with the dumb kids classes (non-college prep). I also had to take fine woodworking entirely with hand tools. I still have one of my drawers in the garage fill with planes and chisels etc. I also had table saws and miter saws but damned if I know what happened to them after I had my concussion. Probably sold them for a song. One of my very good friends was the machinist for Keith Bontrager so I used to hang around watching how they were built and saw finely made bikes while they were made And they didn't need to file the ends of the tubes. Carbide tipped mill bits do not leave crappy cuts.

For that matter that is how they built the Colnago C40 - the lugs were cast into the head tube and then they pushed straight ended carbon tubes into them.

Old April 1st 20, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

wrote:

[...]

inches...Â* But
then, the 20-40 Krag, which is properly called the
".30 Army" used a
.308 bullet. Adopted by the U.S. Army in 1894, the
first cartridge
adopted by the US Army that was specifically designed
for smokeless
powder.

ThenÂ* we have the M1A1 carbine that had a .308 bullet

method for avoiding Di2 problems!Â* ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

I'm not mis-remembering anything. I was referring to Tom not
you.

Cheers

That must be because you're a complete Di2 genius and knew
from the first that there are three or four different versions
of the external battery mount that all look exactly the same
but are not interchangeable.

There is certainly something really wrong with people that do
not have any answers but belittle others who also don't. Until
I went to a bike shop that knew exactly where to get the
Shimano interchangeability parts list none of you jackasses
knew anything of value.

Why don't you tell us what the difference is between the
Shimano 7970 and the 9070?

Dude, don't make out like you're some genius.Â* What has it
been, a month that you've been struggling with assembling your
Di2?Â* Have you even got it working yet? Frank -- or any
reasonably competent person -- could buy a Di2 component group
and install it in a morning -- O.K., maybe longer for wire
routing.Â* It's not rocket science.Â* You make it hard by buying
a lot of mismatched crap second hand without checking
compatibility before buying it.Â* It's like shooting yourself in

And who cares about the f****** product numbers.Â* You just look
them up on Google or the Shimano site.

-- Jay Beattie.

Jay, all it would have taken is for someone here to even KNOW
that there are different series of components and they are not
interchangeable and that there were interchangeability charts on
the Shimano site if you know where to look. But none of you
nitwits knew that but had plenty of useless advice on how stupid
I am.

Don't blame us. All we do is talk about different iterations of
Shimano equipment all the way back to the '70s.

Half your technical posts -- as sparse as they may be -- involve
impossible fact patterns, like your bottom bracket on a standard
Redline Conquest being something other than 68mm or some other
down-a-rabbit hole problem. And then you rant and sputter and
pretend to be all knowing when someone corrects an obvious
mistake.Â* Why bother?

I have been riding the bike for a month in case you missed it.
Unlike you I do my own work, I my own mistakes and I do not try
to tell you that you weren't hit in the head by a tree branch in
the bike lane as your stupid alter ego did.

WTF, unlike me, you do your own work?Â* I could have removed and
reinstalled my UDi2 ten times before you got your system in. I've
been building my own wheels since 1976, cut the tubes for my
steel frames and did the finish work, but not the brazing --
although I did re-braze a couple of broken frames.Â* The only
thing I haven't done on my bikes is carbon repair, preferring to
leave that to experts -- conveniently located a few miles from my
house.
https://ruckuscomp.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ... AEgLA5fD_BwE

I dragged my Di2 RD cable into the cassette during a vigorous
wash in the wash stand and soldered the wires back together,
although I now have a replacement segment. I've managed to keep
my Di2 running, no fuss no muss.

That one thing alone shows a level of mindlessness inconceivable
to normal people

Not normal people on this NG. Yes, there are many tasks on a
modern bike that require new skills, like programming Di2 either
with eTube or on the bike.Â* I still have to follow the Shimano
instructions for setting trim and decipher the flashing lights,
but it doesn't take super-intelligence.Â* It's like fifteen
[...]

tools, loose bearing (Campy tools) and even Phil Wood.Â* What a
[...]

cast intoÂ* the head tube and then they pushed straight ended carbon
tubes into them.

You would be wrong about that. I take apart a fair number of frames from
diverse manufacturers across several eras on a regular basis.

Even Nottingham Raleighs are mitered like that and they're notorious for
shaving every sixpence[1] of expense thinner. I rebuilt a 1919 J I Case
mitered like that in cast iron lugs.

Name a steel frame with straight-cut tubes in a lug. (no counting Radac
frames, an exceptional exception)

[1]looks like a US dime

Did Huffys (real ones, not the rebadged pro builds of 1984) or AMF
Roadmasters ever have lugs? That's the example -if one exists - I would
expect, which rather proves your point.

Mark J.

Old April 2nd 20, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

programming Di2 either with eTube or on the bike.Â
[...]

AMF Hercules and British built Huffy (back when the Huffmann
family ran the outfit) were similar to Nottingham Raleighs
in that regard and most other aspects- cheap, solid,
dependable basic frames. Low failure rate is a real benefit
to any established brand BTW.

American lugless Huffy are a different thing entirely.