Wheels and tires

Old March 26th 20, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default More covid-19, was Wheels and tires

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 01:52:41 +0000, Ralph Barone wrote:

John B. wrote:

Given that the virus "new case" rate in the U.S. is now the highest in
the world (as of March 26, 2020, 00:12 GMT) the question of whether the
restaurants go out of business because of a shutdown or whether they
go out of business because their customers catch the virus is probably
immaterial.
--
cheers,

John B.

It’s a tough call. Either way people are going to be uncomfortable or
die,
but my guesses are with the shutdown being the better choice.
Considering that pandemics are just compound interest with a very high
interest rate and a very short compounding period (take out a loan at
250% interest per week and tell me how that works out for you), I’m
surprised at the lack of serious response from the guy running things
south of 49.

This was in the recent online offerings;
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...o-much-to-ask-
for-an-actual-plan/

Ends with;
A reality-based plan, clearly communicated by people who understand it,
will help the public understand three things: what sacrifices will need
to be made, what we will get in return for them, and, most importantly,
how these sacrifices will be brought to an end. It's tragic that, nearly
three months into this growing crisis, we still lack such clear
communications from our leaders.

Over here; our 'illustrious leader";Scotty from Marketing, is seeing
various state leaders break ahead of his feet lagging and hammering the
early isolation to cut the growth.
Old March 26th 20, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bertrand[_3_]

Default Wheels and tires

I can't figure out what Newsome thinks he's doing saying that a couple of
weeks from now isn't long enough to keep businesses shut down. Its been two
weeks already and in another couple of weeks all of the restaurants, the
largest business sector, will be dead.

If your auntie was Nancy Pelosi, you could try your hand at
being Governor too!

Not quite his aunt. Apparently Nancy Pelosi is the wife of the brother of the
ex-husband of Gavin Newsom's aunt.
Old March 26th 20, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Coronavirus, was Wheels and tires

Ralph Barone writes:

John B. wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:26:32 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 3/25/2020 12:43 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

[snip on-topic bicycle stuff]

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 3:18:09 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

[...]

Interesting analogy. Going a bit further, it seems immunity and
bankruptcy are two sides of the same coin, while death works the same
for both compounded debts and pandemic illness. Looks like we elected
an experience-qualified guy after all.

Old March 26th 20, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/26/2020 9:58 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/25/2020 7:40 PM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:26:32 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

If your auntie was Nancy Pelosi, you could try your hand at
being Governor too!

Thank God there's no nepotism in Trump's administration! Only the
highest qualified sycophants need apply. (Jared and Ivanka are there
only by coincidence.)

With about 60 million Italians, of whom about 7,000 deaths are
attributed to the Chinese Bioweapon virus...

Why would you use that phrase?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 26th 20, 05:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

AMuzi wrote:
On 3/25/2020 7:40 PM, John B. wrote:

Given that the virus "new case" rate in the U.S. is now the highest in
the world (as of March 26, 2020, 00:12 GMT) the question of whether
the restaurants go out of business because of a shutdown or whether
they go out of business because their customers catch the virus is
probably immaterial.

With about 60 million Italians, of whom about 7,000 deaths
are attributed to the Chinese Bioweapon virus, an equivalent
proportion of USAians would be just under 40,000 dead. As
of today it's roughly 1,000. A thousand dead people is a
real problem (to them, anyway) but it's not of the scale
Italy has suffered.

(I avoid repeating any of the lying lies spewed by the
Chinese propaganda machine. Make a guess yourself.)

Try F@løøn 6Øng's theepochtimes.com for China news.

Hear, hear, in Chicago lawyer geography, "outside is not for 5Ks"...
https://www.theepochtimes.com/chicago-officials-threaten-arrests-over-runs-bike-rides-basketball-amid-covid-19-pandemic_3286675.html
Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot heavy-handedly threatens commuters with death
by prison infection: "Outside is for a brief respite, not for 5Ks. I can’t
emphasize enough that we abide [by] the rules."

Crook County reasoning, probably: When trails are fully closed, it's the
outlaws who will be safest from full trails...
https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronavirus/2020/3/26/21195127/latest-coronavirus-news-for-march-26-2020-live-updates
Old March 26th 20, 06:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/26/2020 11:20 AM, Sepp Ruf wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
[...]

Agreed, Epoch Times is a wonderful resource. If not for them
we would know nothing of China.
https://www.ejinsight.com/eji/articl...er-hk-autonomy

Meanwhile here's a vote of confidence on the near futu

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...virus-spreads/

http://www.rfi.fr/en/americas/202003...ears-and-chaos

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...being-rationed

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 26th 20, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 8:20:55 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
I can't figure out what Newsome thinks he's doing saying that a couple of
weeks from now isn't long enough to keep businesses shut down. Its been two
weeks already and in another couple of weeks all of the restaurants, the
largest business sector, will be dead.

If your auntie was Nancy Pelosi, you could try your hand at
being Governor too!

Not quite his aunt. Apparently Nancy Pelosi is the wife of the brother of the
ex-husband of Gavin Newsom's aunt.

So politics runs in the family?
Old March 26th 20, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 9:03:05 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 3/26/2020 9:58 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/25/2020 7:40 PM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:26:32 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

If your auntie was Nancy Pelosi, you could try your hand at
being Governor too!

Thank God there's no nepotism in Trump's administration! Only the
highest qualified sycophants need apply. (Jared and Ivanka are there
only by coincidence.)

With about 60 million Italians, of whom about 7,000 deaths are
attributed to the Chinese Bioweapon virus...

Why would you use that phrase?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank, the military biowarfare laboratory is in Wuhan. While I doubt that this came from there, there is always the possibility that it snuck out under the cover of someone's socks.
Old March 26th 20, 09:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Radey Shouman wrote:
Ralph Barone writes:

John B. wrote:
[...]

I guess, except his “go-to” move is declaring bankruptcy and letting the
other people deal with the mess.

So, if you’re paying 250% a week interest on a loan, when is a good time to
start selling stuff on Craigslist for a two week repayment program? The
correct answer is As Soon As You Borrowed The Money. The second best answer
is Right ****ing Now!

Old March 26th 20, 09:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

AMuzi wrote:
[...]

I wonder how fast Mexico and Canada can build border walls :-(

FS: Wheels & Tires Oskar Marketplace 6 July 18th 06 05:19 PM
FS: tires, wheels, parts Oskar Marketplace 0 June 16th 06 01:32 PM
FS: 650c wheels and tires [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 27th 05 04:34 AM
substitute for 700 D GT tires or wheels? ResearchGeek General 7 February 28th 05 05:35 AM
cross wheels & tires Szymon Marketplace 0 November 13th 04 05:03 AM