Bicycling is specifically allowed

Old March 25th 20, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bicycling is specifically allowed

Ohioans are under a Stay At Home order, under the authority of the
Director of the Department of Health. But the order specifically permits
bicycling, as well as walking, running, hiking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12BI...o_lJaqX_K/view

To me, this is much more sensible than Italy's and Spain's prohibition
of recreational bicycling.

And a rare bit of sunshine just streamed in the window. We'll be outside
soon.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 25th 20, 05:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 9:59:15 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Ohioans are under a Stay At Home order, under the authority of the
Director of the Department of Health. But the order specifically permits
bicycling, as well as walking, running, hiking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12BI...o_lJaqX_K/view

To me, this is much more sensible than Italy's and Spain's prohibition
of recreational bicycling.

And a rare bit of sunshine just streamed in the window. We'll be outside
soon.

--
- Frank Krygowski

I heard an interesting theory yesterday that is probably BS but something to think of:

Vaping causes damage to the lungs and THC which has become one of the most popular materials to vape is a strong bronchodilator that allows infections much deeper into the lungs than normally would occur. The expert said that Spain and that area of Italy have heavy use of THC. NYC and most of California are the same way. People that you wouldn't expect use it in a million years do.

Colorado doesn't have many cases but it is a Marijuana capital of the universe so we might want to watch that area to see if it too starts a sudden large number of deaths.
Old March 25th 20, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bertrand[_3_]

On 3/25/2020 12:59 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Ohioans are under a Stay At Home order, under the authority of the Director of
the Department of Health. But the order specifically permits bicycling, as well
as walking, running, hiking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12BI...o_lJaqX_K/view

To me, this is much more sensible than Italy's and Spain's prohibition of
recreational bicycling.

And a rare bit of sunshine just streamed in the window. We'll be outside soon.

The order here in New Jersey does not specifically mention biking, but it should
be covered under "engaging in outdoor activities". The list of essential retail
businesses permitted to stay open now includes "Bicycle shops, but only to
provide service and repair".
Old March 26th 20, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 10:07:54 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

[...]

Tom Early on the medical warnings here mentioned smokers as being at
risk because of the changes it induced in lungs, increasing making them
more susceptable.

So, it is not BS.

It would also be why they are particularly concerned about asthmatics.

They have given up warning the smolers here,(lost cause?) but contine to
regularly warn asthmatics.
Old March 27th 20, 09:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 3/25/2020 10:26 AM, Bertrand wrote:
On 3/25/2020 12:59 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Ohioans are under a Stay At Home order, under the authority of the
Director of the Department of Health. But the order specifically
permits bicycling, as well as walking, running, hiking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12BI...o_lJaqX_K/view

To me, this is much more sensible than Italy's and Spain's prohibition
of recreational bicycling.

And a rare bit of sunshine just streamed in the window. We'll be
outside soon.

The order here in New Jersey does not specifically mention biking, but
it should be covered under "engaging in outdoor activities".Â* The list
of essential retail businesses permitted to stay open now includes
"Bicycle shops, but only to provide service and repair".

It's okay to be out on a bicycle here, though I'm not sure that it's a
good idea in the epicenter of California's outbreak. On Saturday we went
out for a ride, using our usual MUP through Mountain View and Palo Alto.
It was very quite busy. I'm going to stay off those MUPs for now.

Some stores here have been really good about limiting the number of
people in the store, disinfecting, and maintaining social distancing.
Trader Joe's for example. Costco is a disaster though.