Bike shops in UK

Old January 25th 04, 09:35 AM
Colin Marshall

Default Bike shops in UK

Hi all,

I intend to go to the TDF2004 and after that head across to the UK for
a week no cycling just looking around. Not sure where I'll be staying
etc... First trip over there from Oz.

I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using
Campag hubs. I'm also thinking of getting a new Chorus groupset over
there and getting the shop to put it together for me.

Any advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.

TIA
Colin
Old January 25th 04, 11:39 AM
A.Lee

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:35:20 -0800, Colin Marshall wrote:

I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using
Campag hubs. I'm also thinking of getting a new Chorus groupset over
there and getting the shop to put it together for me.
Any advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.

There are many good shops around the UK, with quite a gathering of good
sellers in the Manchester/Liverpool/Preston areas in the North West of
England.If you can get hold of a copy of the UKs 'Cycling Weekly', there
are loads off ads from dealers.
No doubt you will be going to London, and a shop that will suit your needs
is Condor Cycles in Central London. (http://www.condorcycles.com/).
They are not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.
HTH
Alan.
--
To reply by e-mail, change the 'minus' to 'plus'.
http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.
Old January 25th 04, 01:11 PM
Kirby James

There's a list of bike shops available at
http://www.cycleweb.co.uk/cntys/shps.html
- may be useful if you're staying in a particular area.
Kirby

Old January 25th 04, 03:47 PM
MSeries

A.Lee wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:35:20 -0800, Colin Marshall wrote:

I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using
Campag hubs. I'm also thinking of getting a new Chorus groupset over
there and getting the shop to put it together for me.
Any advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.

There are many good shops around the UK, with quite a gathering of
good sellers in the Manchester/Liverpool/Preston areas in the North
West of England.If you can get hold of a copy of the UKs 'Cycling
Weekly', there are loads off ads from dealers.
No doubt you will be going to London, and a shop that will suit your
needs is Condor Cycles in Central London.
(http://www.condorcycles.com/).
They are not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.
HTH
Alan.

I had some great wheels built at Condor Cycles, they have needed no
attention at all since they were built. They have done inexcess of 6000
loaded touring miles since I got them in1990

Old January 26th 04, 09:13 AM
Pete Whelan

MSeries wrote:
A.Lee wrote:

[...]

Monty always builds a good set of wheels

--
Pete

interchange 12 for 21 to reply

Old January 26th 04, 09:54 AM
MSeries

Pete Whelan wrote:
MSeries wrote:
A.Lee wrote:

[...]

Its a long time since I visited any LBSs in London, does Monty still build
wheels ? I was well impressed from the start when he told me to bring them
back after 100 miles to get them re-tuned. After that they have remained
almost perfect, showing signs of wear of course.

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.
http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk