My first SPD related fall

Old December 24th 04, 04:24 PM
saveacup

Default My first SPD related fall

I've been using SPDs for a few months now and thought I had them worked out
but today I had my first falling over incident, just in time for Christmas.

It happened right outside my back gate after a 20 mile ride along the old
Scarborough-Whitby railway line, unclipped left foot on the approach but
then just couldnt get the right foot unclipped, wobbled for a few seconds
and then went from vertical to horizontal in one smooth motion. No harm done
BTW.

There were no witnesses though, so does this count?

--
Russell

Old December 24th 04, 04:46 PM
Paul - xxx

saveacup composed the following ...
I've been using SPDs for a few months now and thought I had them worked
out but today I had my first falling over incident, just in time for
Christmas.

twilight zone music My first spd 'moment' happened this time a few years
ago .. /twilight zone music

It happened right outside my back gate after a 20 mile ride along the old
Scarborough-Whitby railway line, unclipped left foot on the approach but
then just couldnt get the right foot unclipped, wobbled for a few seconds
and then went from vertical to horizontal in one smooth motion. No harm
done BTW.

Heheheh, sorry for laughing, but, you know ...

There were no witnesses though, so does this count?

It does now. Glad you weren't hurt.

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

Old December 24th 04, 05:30 PM
James Hodson

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:24:32 -0000, "saveacup"
wrote:

I've been using SPDs for a few months now and thought I had them worked out
but today I had my first falling over incident, just in time for Christmas.

Hi Russell

Congratulations! I managed to last all or two of three days when I
first started using SPDs. "A few months" is quite impressive.

There were no witnesses though, so does this count?

If a tree falls in the forest etc... Of course it counts, but be sure
to do it in front of a large crowd next time.

James
Old December 24th 04, 07:07 PM
Martin Bulmer

In ,
saveacup wrote:
I've been using SPDs for a few months now and thought I had them
worked out but today I had my first falling over incident, just in
time for Christmas.

It happened right outside my back gate after a 20 mile ride along the
old Scarborough-Whitby railway line, unclipped left foot on the
approach but then just couldnt get the right foot unclipped, wobbled
for a few seconds and then went from vertical to horizontal in one
smooth motion. No harm done BTW.

There were no witnesses though, so does this count?

My first was the first day I tried them, 6 months ago.
Nearly had a second today; rounded a corner, steep uphill bit, changed down
rapidly, chain came off, feet spinning ineffectually, nearly lost it, but
got unclipped in time to put my foot down in the biggest pile of dog poo
I've ever seen.
And that's where i'd have landed if I hadn't unclipped in time.
--

Martin Bulmer

Old December 24th 04, 09:38 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

wrote in message :

I've been using SPDs for a few months now and thought I had them worked out
but today I had my first falling over incident, just in time for Christmas.

I think the PSF may have a solution for this problem :-)

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs
Old December 24th 04, 09:46 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I think the PSF may have a solution for this problem :-)

Guy

Sheesh Guy, you'd think I'm about to become a bent bore??

Have I mentioned I got a nice Trice today??

Festive cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old December 24th 04, 09:51 PM
Tony W

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...

Sheesh Guy, you'd think I'm about to become a bent bore??

Have I mentioned I got a nice Trice today??

Several times. First timed at 14:06 today -- a 'bent bore for less than 7
hours!! since then about 427 references!!

No -- did you?

Old December 24th 04, 09:52 PM
Dave Kahn

Have I mentioned I got a nice Trice today??

Once or Trice.

--
Dave...

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the
future of the human race. - H. G. Wells
Old December 24th 04, 10:03 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Several times. First timed at 14:06 today -- a 'bent bore for less than 7
hours!! since then about 427 references!!

Well you know me, the quiet, shy, retiring type ;-)

No -- did you?

No I didn't. But I did get a Trice.

Festive cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old December 26th 04, 12:16 PM
Zog The Undeniable

saveacup wrote:

I've been using SPDs for a few months now and thought I had them worked out
but today I had my first falling over incident, just in time for Christmas.

It happened right outside my back gate after a 20 mile ride along the old
Scarborough-Whitby railway line, unclipped left foot on the approach but
then just couldnt get the right foot unclipped, wobbled for a few seconds
and then went from vertical to horizontal in one smooth motion. No harm done
BTW.

I bought my wife some SPDs and shoes, which she tried for the first time
last week. After a couple of successful clip-ins/clip-outs up and down
the patio, I popped back indoors to check on the baby and heard an
almighty crash from outside. I remember keeling over at traffic lights
the first time I used toeclips too!

Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Lance's fall season..........??? Charles Hizark Racing 12 August 27th 04 01:50 AM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Will I fall over by going too slow Willy Smallboy Techniques 20 March 26th 04 05:54 PM