Substitute for V-brake pad question (kool stop)

Old May 17th 11, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pH

Default Substitute for V-brake pad question (kool stop)

snip

Thicker pads would allow me to ignore the cotter pins (maybe kool stop
does not even have them...I don't see them in photos of the product)

Only insert-style pads use retaining pins.

Ah! refillable. My old Schwinn Varsity & Collegiate had those center-
pull brakes (Mafac?)
that had the replaceable blocks.

Any solid unit pad will
not have pins. As I pointed out earlier, the pad incidence angle is
the same irrespective of pad.

Understood.

So use any Kool Stop pad that isn't an
insert and you're sorted out. I recommend Salmon compound and MTB
pattern, but Thinlines or Eagle Claw.II will do.

Chalo

Sounds like I'm good-to-go to try it.
Thanks, everyone.

pH