Another orange Brompton

Old July 12th 05, 07:52 PM
Hel

Default Another orange Brompton

I am the proud owner of an orange Brompton, a commonly seen brand of
bicycle in London but not in that colour. So I get rather excited on the
rare occasions I do see another orange one. I was cycling to work
this morning on my way from Waterloo when another young lady on an orange
Brompton appeared around the corner. I couldn't help smiling and waving[1]
and I'd like to think she was equally thrilled to see my bicycle. (or just
wondered why the crazy lady was waving at her)

Any other owners of unusually coloured Brommies out there? Exciting isn't
it

Hel

[1] one of those things that doesn't generally happen between London
cyclists, mainly because there's so many of us, but also because we're
too busy trying not to get squished
--

(remove the last letter of the alphabet to e-mail me)

Old July 12th 05, 09:17 PM
Colin McKenzie

Hel wrote:

I am the proud owner of an orange Brompton, a commonly seen brand of
bicycle in London but not in that colour. So I get rather excited on the
rare occasions I do see another orange one. I was cycling to work
this morning on my way from Waterloo when another young lady on an orange
Brompton appeared around the corner.

There was one (yes, orange) at the borough cycling officers' meeting
this pm at Camden, but I didn't see who it was with.

Colin McKenzie

Old July 13th 05, 09:01 AM
Peter Clinch

Hel wrote:

Any other owners of unusually coloured Brommies out there? Exciting isn't
it

With the new expanded colour range there are more unusual ones about
now. Mine was one of the previous expanded choice, yellow (with black
fork and rear triangle), for which I paid a small extra cost and had to
order in advance, so it's relatively rare, but not as rare as orange coz
that's a new choice on the menu.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old July 13th 05, 09:38 AM
JohnB

Peter Clinch wrote:

Hel wrote:

Any other owners of unusually coloured Brommies out there? Exciting isn't
it

With the new expanded colour range there are more unusual ones about
now. Mine was one of the previous expanded choice, yellow (with black
fork and rear triangle), for which I paid a small extra cost and had to
order in advance, so it's relatively rare, but not as rare as orange coz
that's a new choice on the menu.

ISTR that AVC had been offering an Orange Brommie as a special choice
for some time.
I'm pretty certain they were 3/4 years ago, so there may be more orange
ones around than first thought.

Don't Brompton change their 'special' colour range each year?

John B
Old July 13th 05, 10:32 AM
Peter Clinch

JohnB wrote:

Don't Brompton change their 'special' colour range each year?

Not AFAICT. It had been static for a while, with Ivory (beige,
basically. Why? ;-)), Yellow, Silver and Turkish Green alongside
standards (on different models) or red, blue, racing green and black.

Pete.

Old July 13th 05, 12:52 PM
Tony Raven

JohnB wrote:

ISTR that AVC had been offering an Orange Brommie as a special choice
for some time.

They did/do.

--
Tony

Anon
Old July 13th 05, 07:18 PM
wafflycat

"Hel" wrote in message
news

Any other owners of unusually coloured Brommies out there? Exciting isn't
it

Hel

The owner of my favourite LBS in Norwich has an orange Brommie

Cheers, helen s

New Brompton prices Tony Raven UK 0 April 21st 05 08:40 PM
If you've had a Brompton stolen... Tony Raven UK 22 February 28th 05 10:53 AM
Brompton confusion Colin Blackburn UK 1 November 22nd 04 11:08 AM
Brompton Exclusivity Principle. Colin Blackburn UK 8 February 3rd 04 09:06 PM
Thinking of getting a Brompton... Pyromancer UK 10 July 25th 03 09:33 AM