What - Intelligent Thought?

Old February 17th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default What - Intelligent Thought?

On Feb 16, 11:55 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WH4-7PF7h...elated&search=

Here's a vision for you. It's nothing new, either:

http://www.alfranken.com/page/content/videoMessage

I've meant to ask, TK: You recently said "I'm an engineer". Two
questions, actually-- what degree(s) do you hold, and from what
institution(s)?

Did you use the GI Bill?

That's three, three questions in regard to your CV and use of social
programs. Thank you. As ever, --D-y

Old February 17th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
y_p_w

On Feb 17, 7:30 am, " wrote:

I've meant to ask, TK: You recently said "I'm an engineer". Two
questions, actually-- what degree(s) do you hold, and from what
institution(s)?

Did you use the GI Bill?

Well - it's not a question directed at me, but I'm willing to give
this a stab anyways.

I have a B.S. in electrical engineering (aka EECS) with a minor in
English literature from the University of California at Berkeley. I
never really raced (maybe one criterium where I spun out in a corner),
but I did pay dues and typically rode a couple of times a week with
Cal Cycling. I also have a M.S. in electrical engineering from Santa
Clara University.

I did what anyone with the means would do. I let my parents pay for
my education, although I did get a bit of financial aid for one year.

Old February 17th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 17, 11:47 am, "y_p_w" wrote:
On Feb 17, 7:30 am, " wrote:

I've meant to ask, TK: You recently said "I'm an engineer". Two
questions, actually-- what degree(s) do you hold, and from what
institution(s)?

Did you use the GI Bill?

Well - it's not a question directed at me, but I'm willing to give
this a stab anyways.

No need. Only those with 5,000 or more Usenet posts are asked for
professional credentials. And then only in certain special
circumstances.

For example: http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...5xS36mXc24h6ww

Thank you.

Baloney slicer off. --D-y

Old February 17th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 17, 12:55 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WH4-7PF7h...elated&search=

Great rebuttal. The Democrats have scumbags who say and do stupid crap
too. That's real news.

Apparently it is. I happen to be a moderate but the leftist leaning on these
groups is so strong that if I were 500 degrees right of center I couldn't
hope to balance the comments here.

I'll guarantee you won't find a single person here who won't agree
that some Democrats have said and done some dumb things.

You mean like arguing that when the Department of Defense quotes that rules
and regulations to Pelosi after she asked for a rediculously large plane,
that they were only letting her know the rules?

Let's face it Bill, most of the posters here would assassinate Bush in one
second if they thought that they could get away with it. And often your
postings appear in the same vein.

Old February 17th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Feb 17, 6:04 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message

[...]

Dude the snakes and elephants aren't real. Just sit in the corner and
call for help. I specialize in hyperbole and challenges to provoke
discussion, but you are WAY over the edge, and while I freely admit I
do it on purpose I think you, literally, believe what you say.
That's scary.
No hyperbole here, I'll kiss your ass next to the podium at Cross
Nat's right after the Pro ceremony in a few years if any regular here
assasinates Bush while he's President.
I have NO plans to go to KC.
Bush and Co. are criminals, and have done more damage to the
Republican Party than anybody since Hoover.
You just can't seem to admit that ANY Republican could possibly have
done anything wrong, unless it was Specter who is the Republican
versions of Lieberman.
I like Lieberman a whole lot better than Specter for what it's worth.
Bill C

Old February 17th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Joe Cipale

Bill C wrote:
On Feb 17, 6:58 pm, ST wrote:

On 2/17/07 3:27 PM, in article
s.com, "Bill C"

wrote:

On Feb 17, 6:04 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Bill C" wrote in message

legroups.com...

[...]

Bill!!

I DO BELIEVE there are bad apples on both sides!!
MY disagreement is with the core philosophy. I do NOT agree that the
government is responsible for your (personal) way of life to the degree of
having the huge safety nets the Dems are wanting.

The MORE government intervention there is for every little hangnail or job
layoff the MORE personal responsibility goes down......

Why?? Because the government will always be there to save your bacon. How
can the Dems on one hand say "We are all equal and on the same level"
(intelligence wise...) Yet those that never move ahead in life (like working
at the Burger King when still 45 and wanting a "living wage" for it...) We
are told by the Dems that they were denied the opportunity or ability to
succeed.

It is the same as some of you say regarding other cyclists.......
Some guys who are perpetual Cat 4s are lambasted for not moving ahead. MAYBE
they do not WANT TO or DO NOT have the discipline to do what it takes to
move ahead..

I will never be more than a Cat 3 because I am NOT willing to do what it
takes to move up. I am not willing to sacrifice other areas of my life to do
it. If someone made a conscious decision they are not willing to do the work
it takes to get a degree to move up their standard of living that is a
personal decision..- Hide quoted text -

Even if you figure the cost, at a living wage, of the mandatory
insurance bill here in Mass., for the middle class it's a disaster.
They projected $300 a month which at $10/hr. was an extra 30 hours/
month or you get your tax return taken and face prosecution.
Way to go. Force the working poor to decide between feeding their
kids or go to jail. Of course everything is paid in full for the
welfare folks.
If Lou Dobbs has one thing right it's that both Parties are out to
**** over the lower middle class. The Republicans to support the rich,
the Democrats to support the won't contributes.
Bill C

Dobbs is the ONLY Republican (and lets face it, he is a Repbulican) that
I even remotely trust, simply becuase he gets it! Big business doesnt
give a flying **** who is in charge, as long as the needs of big
business are met.
Old February 17th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Joe Cipale

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Feb 17, 5:04 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Let's face it Bill, most of the posters here would assassinate Bush in one
second if they thought that they could get away with it.

Not it that means Cheney would be president.

This reminds me of when ray-gun was shot - the lame-ass Sect of Def Haig
was standing in front of the press and exclaiming 'I am in charge
here!'. Poor ******* had no frickin clue about the line of succession:
It would have been GW I follwed by Jim Wright (IIRC).

And no, tommy... we are not wanting to see bushie assasinated. You have
some nerve... Now, to have the man brought up on charges for attacking a
sovereign nation, cooking intelligence, illegal wire-taps, willfully
ignoring the 1st, 4th and possible the 6th Amendments to the
Constitution, then hell yeah!

Old February 18th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Feb 17, 6:58 pm, ST wrote:
On 2/17/07 3:27 PM, in article
. com, "Bill C"

wrote:
On Feb 17, 6:04 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

groups.com...

Old February 18th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST

On 2/17/07 4:10 PM, in article
, "Bill C"
wrote:

On Feb 17, 6:58 pm, ST wrote:
On 2/17/07 3:27 PM, in article
. com, "Bill C"

"Bill C" wrote in message

[...]

We are a very strong country because of those that have succeeded. Sticking
it those that have succeeded to give to those that (mostly..) have decided
not to try is good how?

I am making a general statement I know nothing of the particular wacky state
plan you are talking about.

Working poor sounds real fuzzy and emotional.......
Do you connect any personal responsibility to any of those? When you got one
of your first jobs did you really think you would do that for the rest of
your life? If you did not have the desire or discipline to move up any
further financially would you be considered "working poor" or maybe lazy??
Especially if you knew there was a gov-ment program to latch on to....