What is this Velocraft NoCom?

Old January 31st 05, 06:52 PM
Kurt Richter

Default What is this Velocraft NoCom?

What is this Velokraft NoCom? I was going to buy a trike but after reading this post I decided to hold off and buy a fast machine. Does anyone have any photos or links?

Kurt Richter

Glenn Drury racing a Velokraft NoCom lowracer. What is amazing is Mr. Drury was riding a stock bike

with no fairings. He finished the 400 km race a twitch short of 2 hours less than the regular cyclists team.

Ian Smythe

Old January 31st 05, 06:58 PM
Dan B.

Kurt Richter wrote:

What is this Velokraft NoCom? I was going to buy a trike but=AD after

reading this post I decided to hold off and buy a fas=ADt machine. Does
anyone have any photos or links?

Try http://www.velokraft.com/nocom.htm and
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm.

Best,

Dan

Old January 31st 05, 07:16 PM
Mark Leuck

"Dan B." wrote in message
oups.com...
Kurt Richter wrote:

What is this Velokraft NoCom? I was going to buy a trike but* after

reading this post I decided to hold off and buy a fas*t machine. Does
anyone have any photos or links?

Try http://www.velokraft.com/nocom.htm and
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm.

Best,

Dan

Personally I think it's ugly and not something you would want to ride day to
day, if I had a choice I'd rather have this

http://www.jjscozzi.com/New%20Pictures.htm

Old January 31st 05, 07:50 PM
Dan B.

Mark Leuck wrote:

Personally I think it's ugly and not something you would wan=ADt to

ride day to
day, if I had a choice I'd rather have this

http://www.jjscozzi.com/New%20Pictures.htm

I think it's rather pretty, in an H.R. Giger, Ridley Scott Alien sort
of way. :-)

Kurt,
I guess it really depends on what type of riding you're planning to
perform. My understanding (based on no first hand experience, so take
it with a grain of salt!), is that the NoCom is great for high-speed
racing on smooth surfaces. If you're interested from a touring or
commuting perspective, it may not be your best option, due to limited
ground clearance and cargo capacity.

Oh, yeah...and I imagine a NoCom is rather pricey, even compared to
many trikes on the market. ;-

Best,

Dan

Old January 31st 05, 08:01 PM
Kurt Richter

Thank you Dan. The Velokraft NoCom is one beautiful looking recumbent. I will contact the Velokraft dealer. I like the fast looking low style. I am glad I decided not to but a trike.

Kurt

From: "Dan B."
Date: 31 Jan 2005 10:58:47 -0800

Old January 31st 05, 08:10 PM
Dan B.

Kurt Richter wrote:

Thank you Dan. The Velokraft NoCom is one beautiful looking

=ADrecumbent. I will contact the Velokraft dealer. I like the f=ADast
looking low style. I am glad I decided not to but a trik=ADe.

For NoCom dealer list, visit http://www.velokraft.com/dealers.htm.
There's one in the US, one in Canada, and a couple in Europe, IIRC.
Best,

Dan

Old January 31st 05, 08:21 PM
Dan B.

Dan B. wrote:
Kurt Richter wrote:

Thank you Dan. The Velokraft NoCom is one beautiful looking

=ADrecumbent. I will contact the Velokraft dealer. I like the f=ADast
looking low style. I am glad I decided not to but a trik=ADe.

For NoCom dealer list, visit http://www.velokraft.com/dealers.htm.
There's one in the US, one in Canada, and a couple in Europe, IIRC.
Best,
=20
Dan

Testing how to quote through Google Groups.

Old January 31st 05, 08:33 PM
Captain Graybeard

All the obese slobs at A.R.B.R. will never fit on a NoCom. They keep dreaming about riding fast with bike trail dork recumbents.

Those slow ugly 3 wheeler, EZ1 or Baron rip-off will never go fast and have no style. Fast riders and racers prefer a NoCom the Fastest Stock Bike in the Universe.

Capt. Graybeard

Old January 31st 05, 08:55 PM
Joao de Souza

Dan B. wrote:
Kurt Richter wrote:

Dan? Just so you know, if you look at the message headers, you'll see
that Kurt Richter, Ian Smythe, Stan Vinson, Capt. Graybeard, UltraJoe,
Klaus Reinhart, Dilbert Clark, and all those alias asking about the
nocom are all the same person. That's Ed Gin, a.k.a. "Johnny Nocom".
Ed is one of the co-designers of the nocom, so you can do the math of
what his motives for acting this way may be.
Old January 31st 05, 09:04 PM
Dan B.

Joao de Souza wrote:
Dan B. wrote:
Kurt Richter wrote:

Dan? Just so you know, if you look at the message headers, you'll

see
that Kurt Richter, Ian Smythe, Stan Vinson, Capt. Graybeard,

UltraJoe,
Klaus Reinhart, Dilbert Clark, and all those alias asking about the
nocom are all the same person. That's Ed Gin, a.k.a. "Johnny Nocom".

Ed is one of the co-designers of the nocom, so you can do the math of

what his motives for acting this way may be.

Aaaah, silly me. And here I thought I was being helpful...

Well, my lesson has been learned. I now have no option but to become a
bitter, reclusive, lurker of a hermit. (Oh, wait...I was already doing
that.)

Thanks for the info,

Dan