[SPAM link] Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania on bicycle

Old September 27th 05, 03:38 PM
Wars

Default [SPAM link] Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania on bicycle

Some pictures from our bicycle trips in Eastern Europe
(diarys as well but what a shame in polish )

http://www.republika.pl/araczkowski

--
__o
_'\_ Wars

Old September 28th 05, 04:10 AM

Default Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania on bicycle

Wars wrote:
Some pictures from our bicycle trips in Eastern Europe
(diarys as well but what a shame in polish )

http://www.republika.pl/araczkowski

Interesting! And frustrating! I wish I read Polish!

Have you toured in other areas - say, the US or western Europe? How
would you say it compares?

I see few cars in the photos. How's the traffic density? How well do
motorists treat cyclists?

Also, I saw quite a few photos of unpaved roads. Could we do such a
tour on a standard touring bike?

I understand prices are rising rapidly in Eastern Europe. True or
false?

- Frank Krygowski

Old September 28th 05, 11:26 AM
Wars

Default My page in english (not a full version)

Interesting! And frustrating! I wish I read Polish!

You can try english - but: its just a "compact version" that includes just
some pictures from Belarus. Sorry for mistakes

www.republika.pl/araczkowski/eindex2.html

Have you toured in other areas - say, the US or western Europe? How
would you say it compares?

Yes I had been toured Scotland. How it compares ? It's hard to compare.
Everything depends on the country. For sure there is much much cheaper. In
Belarus and Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia the ways are excellent and there is
not many drivers (because there is only 30-50 people per km square. Low
people density comparing to the rest of Europe). It can be a problem if You
like to speak in english with someone... Probably not so bad in Lithania,
Latvia or Estonia (because they are EU members) but Belarus or Ukraine it
might be difficult.

I see few cars in the photos. How's the traffic density? How well do
motorists treat cyclists?

There is low traffic density (of course depends on where You are - in cities
its quite high). In Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia or Belarus the drivers are
ok. But from Ukraine i have a bad memory: drivers are mad.

Also, I saw quite a few photos of unpaved roads. Could we do such a
tour on a standard touring bike?

Yes i think thats not a problem. Thats exactly what we are doing !!!
[f.e. my tyre size is 28' * 1,75 or 28' * 1 3/5 *1 5/8]

I understand prices are rising rapidly in Eastern Europe. True or
false?

False. Its dirty cheap especially for people from western Europe or US:
Here are f.e. the prices in my family Poland:
bread: 0.5 $
mars-bar: 0.25 $
milk 0.25-0.5 $
1 kg tomatoes (in summer, autumn): 0.5 $ - 1 $
good quality ham: 5$ per kg
cheddar: 4 $ per kg

What are You waiting for? Welcome to Eastern Europe )) !!!
--
__o
_'\_ Wars

www.republika.pl/araczkowski

Top Gear Driving Song David Martin UK 38 June 1st 05 05:05 PM
police say it is illegal to ride bicycle on the street [email protected] General 16 April 18th 05 08:20 PM
Children should wear bicycle helmets. John Doe UK 516 December 16th 04 12:04 AM