Helmet Cam video

Old November 21st 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

Default Helmet Cam video

I took a lot of video on this trip. This is just a 12 minute segment.
It is East San Diego County. Highway 70 (Banner Grade) descent from behind
Julian down into the desert.

I have more video already uploaded, just not edited like this with music or
transitions.

http://www.sdbc.printemp.net/borrego...erGradeBIG.mov

Old November 21st 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Off The Back

ST wrote:
I took a lot of video on this trip. This is just a 12 minute segment.
It is East San Diego County. Highway 70 (Banner Grade) descent from behind
Julian down into the desert.

I have more video already uploaded, just not edited like this with music
or
transitions.

http://www.sdbc.printemp.net/borrego...erGradeBIG.mov

Nice! Here's mine (with two cameras synced, front and back view):
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com/200...-we-climb.html

Steve, next I want to see helmet-cam video of you winning the sprint to the
church on the Swamis' ride, k?

Mark
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

Old November 22nd 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

nmp schreef:
(Video would perhaps be smoother with the camera affixed to either the
handlebar or frame. Would somewhat diminish the POV charm though.)

Like http://vimeo.com/2269294
Old November 22nd 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
"Off The Back" wrote:

ST wrote:
I took a lot of video on this trip. This is just a 12 minute segment.
It is East San Diego County. Highway 70 (Banner Grade) descent from behind
Julian down into the desert.

I have more video already uploaded, just not edited like this with music
or
transitions.

http://www.sdbc.printemp.net/borrego...erGradeBIG.mov

Nice! Here's mine (with two cameras synced, front and back view):
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com/200...-we-climb.html

That looks like a great descent. Smooth pavement, good sight lines, nice wide
turns, some tight technical parts, and fast. I like that. About how many miles is
that?

The Blip version is better. Much less (or better) compression so the picture is
better. I think it's kind of funny - we're going to high definition on many forms of
video (your tv, for one). But the quality of YouTube is generally awful. They have
got a newish feature that shows some clips in higher quality but it still isn't all
that great. It just seems like people are getting to where they accept the quality
not being so good. I think if our landline phones where as sketchy as cell phones (in
terms of sound quality, dropped calls, etc.), we'd have rioted.

I did think the viewer that NBC had for the Olympics was quite good.

I saw a clip of a guy dropping down King's Mountain Rd. outside of Woodside last
night. I don't know if the road conditions were moist or if he was just taking it
easy or what. He seemed to use his brakes a lot more than I remember doing when I
rode down KM on Sunday.

http://www.vimeo.com/2201724

--
tanx,
Howard

Abandon the Creeping Meatball!

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old November 22nd 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

nmp wrote:
Ted van de Weteringe wrote:
nmp schreef:
(Video would perhaps be smoother with the camera affixed to either the
handlebar or frame. Would somewhat diminish the POV charm though.)

Like http://vimeo.com/2269294

Er, no. That isn't much better. If that's your point I agree. The low
framerate doesn't help much either.

Sorry, it was just an example of handlebar cam, not saying it was better
or worse because I didn't view the helmet cam.
Old November 22nd 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Off The Back

Howard Kveck wrote:
Off The Back wrote:

ST wrote:
I took a lot of video on this trip. This is just a 12 minute segment.
It is East San Diego County. Highway 70 (Banner Grade) descent from
behind
Julian down into the desert.

I have more video already uploaded, just not edited like this with
music
or
transitions.

http://www.sdbc.printemp.net/borrego...erGradeBIG.mov

Nice! Here's mine (with two cameras synced, front and back view):
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com/200...-we-climb.html

That looks like a great descent. Smooth pavement, good sight lines, nice
wide
turns, some tight technical parts, and fast. I like that. About how many
miles is
that?

Old San Marcos Rd. -- 2.9 miles long, 1,200 ft elevation change. Beautiful
road. Very similar paramters to Old La Honda up in your area. Also similar
in that a lot of people use it as a fitness gauge (by time).

I saw a clip of a guy dropping down King's Mountain Rd. outside of
Woodside last
night. I don't know if the road conditions were moist or if he was just
taking it
easy or what. He seemed to use his brakes a lot more than I remember doing
when I
rode down KM on Sunday.

http://www.vimeo.com/2201724

That's better quality for sure. Looks like he uses one of these cameras:
http://www.goprocamera.com/

He's also got helmet-cam video from a race he won. Too bad he didn't have it
mounted backwards for that one!

Mark
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

Old November 22nd 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Off The Back wrote:
Here's mine (with two cameras synced, front and back view):
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com/200...-we-climb.html

Good idea with the 2 synced cameras. Too bad there weren't more position
changes where you see riders going from one frame to the other!
Old November 23rd 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
"Off The Back" wrote:

Howard Kveck wrote:
Off The Back wrote:

Nice! Here's mine (with two cameras synced, front and back view):
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com/200...-we-climb.html

That looks like a great descent. Smooth pavement, good sight lines, nice
wide turns, some tight technical parts, and fast. I like that. About how many
miles is that?

Old San Marcos Rd. -- 2.9 miles long, 1,200 ft elevation change. Beautiful
road. Very similar paramters to Old La Honda up in your area. Also similar
in that a lot of people use it as a fitness gauge (by time).

Well, the parameters may be similar but the roads are quite different. OLH is a
crap descent. Now, New La Honda (aka Hwy 84 or Woodside Rd.) is pretty similar to
what Old San Marcos Rd. looked like in your video, at least in terms of pavement
quality, the mix of tight turns and sweepers, and the road width. It's a pretty fun
hill.

I saw a clip of a guy dropping down King's Mountain Rd. outside of Woodside
last night. I don't know if the road conditions were moist or if he was just
taking it easy or what. He seemed to use his brakes a lot more than I
remember doing when I rode down KM on Sunday.

http://www.vimeo.com/2201724

That's better quality for sure. Looks like he uses one of these cameras:
http://www.goprocamera.com/

I wonder if the wide angle factor makes it look like you're going slower than you
really are.

He's also got helmet-cam video from a race he won. Too bad he didn't have it
mounted backwards for that one!

Nice to win a race you're filming.

Old November 25th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

On 11/21/08 1:02 PM, in article , "Off The
Back" wrote:

ST wrote:
I took a lot of video on this trip. This is just a 12 minute segment.
It is East San Diego County. Highway 70 (Banner Grade) descent from behind
Julian down into the desert.

I have more video already uploaded, just not edited like this with music
or
transitions.

http://www.sdbc.printemp.net/borrego...erGradeBIG.mov

Nice! Here's mine (with two cameras synced, front and back view):
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com/200...-we-climb.html

Steve, next I want to see helmet-cam video of you winning the sprint to the
church on the Swamis' ride, k?

Not!

Mark
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

I took 2.5 hours (9.5GB each!) of front/back video on Sunday in Eat County.

Her is a sample of front/back

http://www.sdbc.printemp.net/borrego..._B_sample3.mov